Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

The piper boots are currently labelled in a scary red "last remaining stock / end of line", which I'm assuming means they're stopping production on them? I've been holding off buying a pair for literally a year now and am wondering if I'll hate myself for not going for it while they're still available. :/

The piper boots are currently labelled in a scary red "last remaining stock / end of line", which I'm assuming means they're stopping production on them? I've been holding off buying a pair for literally a year now and am wondering if I'll hate myself for not going for it while they're still available. :/

Po-Zu will lunch a new brand of their products with the license "Star Wars". It's seems like they sell the remaining stock of their actual boots, but will continue to make Rey's with a different logo on it. So don't worry, it will still be available (but maybe a bit more expensive) :)

15181368_10155492049008765_8735497105858036850_n.jpg

You can purchased the boots now with 25% discount code - MERRYSOLES25 until the 31st december.

15181368_10155492049008765_8735497105858036850_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this a while back but I thought I'd post it again in case anyone is making a bracer. This is the hidden seam method I used to make my daughter's bracer/cuff.

I used a slightly different way to make my bracer to make it thinner. I have two different leathers with a seam where I flipped one of the leathers over. When I tighten the bracer, the seam is hidden under the pair of slits where the bracer doubles back on itself. I have attached two photos to try to explain better. To make it fit, I cut the one type of leather to the pattern and then had my daughter try it on with the arm wraps in place. This is important to get the seam in the right place although there is about 1/2" of wiggle room under the slits for adjustment.

I then marked the place where the seam should be and cut the leather. I used the off cut piece to measure the other piece of leather, flipped that piece over and stitched the seam with a cross stitch to make it flat. When the bracer is tightened on her arm, the seam disappears.

I hope this makes sense to everyone.

Po-Zu will lunch a new brand of their products with the license "Star Wars". It's seems like they sell the remaining stock of their actual boots, but will continue to make Rey's with a different logo on it. So don't worry, it will still be available (but maybe a bit more expensive) :)

View attachment 693484

You can purchased the boots now with 25% discount code - MERRYSOLES25 until the 31st december.

Ah, thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for any fellow Rebel Legion Rey's out there: Rey has three different weapons that can be carried with her Jakku costume (light saber, staff and blaster): when I submitted, I did not have any of these but have now acquired the blaster and light saber. My question is: Do I re-submit my entire costume or just submit pictures of the items themselves?

if your rey is approved, you are set. you don't need to re-submit unless you've significantly changed the costume to a different version. Adding or subtracting props like the ones you've mentioned won't invalidate your costume's eligibility...particularly if you didn't submit with them.

For example, I didn't have my backpack completed when i submitted, but have it now and wear it to troops all of the time.

I was a long-time lurker on this thread, slowly making my first costume, starting on it in July and quietly learning from all of you, and because of the wisdom and experience in this thread, I'm proud to say I created my first RL-approved costume!! Thank you so much to everyone for their help and tips, especially Kristen, who I remember just sponging up a ton of invaluable information from.

I'm now currently well underway on my Resistance Rey, so after taking so much from this thread, I'm hoping to give back on the Resistance Rey thread, showing my build on that thread as I go and hopefully helping others as they have helped me.

And yes @MatrixSpoon and @Redwillow, I'm also going to Celebration with (hopefully) both costumes! I'm only there Friday and Saturday though. Are we all considering a big Rey group photo? :)

rey rey.jpg

Last edited:
I was a long-time lurker on this thread, slowly making my first costume, starting on it in July and quietly learning from all of you, and because of the wisdom and experience in this thread, I'm proud to say I created my first RL-approved costume!! Thank you so much to everyone for their help and tips, especially Kristen, who I remember just sponging up a ton of invaluable information from.

I'm now currently well underway on my Resistance Rey, so after taking so much from this thread, I'm hoping to give back on the Resistance Rey thread, showing my build on that thread as I go and hopefully helping others as they have helped me.

And yes @MatrixSpoon and @Redwillow, I'm also going to Celebration with (hopefully) both costumes! I'm only there Friday and Saturday though. Are we all considering a big Rey group photo? :)

View attachment 694761

Sweet...Might want to check out this forum for more info: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=260585

I'm trying to set up an RPF meetup like I've done for Dragoncon for the past 3 years.

My headwrap is done!
Pics to come, but I've finished the headwrap and one of the gloves.
So far I have the tunic, headwrap, bracer and one glove completely done minus weathering. And lets not forget the wrap is dyed and I just need to dye the arm wraps. I'm thinking light taupe like the shirt, but Redwillow claims taupe and pearl grey, so I'm not sure. All I know is that I only have two bandages!

I finally feel like I can say that I'm getting close...

Well you could try taupe alone first, see if you like it and if not make another bath with just gray to add that to it. Suggest using small amounts of the dye, it will be easier to darken if you need.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back