Malcolm Reynolds Pistol 3D modelling for Funzees :)

That looks fantastic! Thank you so much for releasing the files, I would love to get them printed!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That looks fantastic! Thank you so much for releasing the files, I would love to get them printed!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I would love to see it.

Thanks for the files(i already said this on facebook,but hey,thanks again)

You are very welcome again :D

Fantastic stuff - thank you so much! I will post my build here when it's done :)

I can't wait to see it, you are welcome.

Tonite I made a nice stand for the pistol:

IMG_0893_zpssbq4hm5t.jpg

IMG_0894_zps1ibfxptl.jpg

It fits the gun much better than the Mal Pistol one I used for the other pics.

I pulled out the food bar the other day and did a bit of peeling and ageing. I don't have means to treat the metal so I just used acryllics as though it was sitting on the shelf for a very long time and just got opened to be eaten.

20170425_190938_zpskmmprg8j.jpg

20170425_190949_zpskwar4jts.jpg

20170425_190958_zpsnm0yw6wg.jpg

So, I ran out of time (I'll get to this), but I decided the bar needed better presentation.

So after tracing out a pattern for a box:

18195527_10155265099328343_1014521052_o_zpscwo6q1ig.jpg

My wife did up some wood burning for me, as I've never done it before:

18195432_10155265099383343_1944718123_o_zpss2gb65k9.jpg

But I did the insert inside:

18195844_10155265099743343_1996598901_o_zps58tzyr8r.jpg

18195221_10155265099858343_951444810_o_zpsx5tjncpx.jpg

Now to the reason I ran out of time.

I went to a con with the wife this past weekend, and met Nathan.

And I gifted him the bar in it's box.

His face lit right up and he said that it will look great in his collection.

That made my weekend. :)

That's awesome! It is always nice to hear that such encounters go well. Sometimes doing something like this can lead to a bit of a let down. You work looks great. The box has a very rustic feal to it, which is just what was needed. Keep it up!

That's awesome! It is always nice to hear that such encounters go well. Sometimes doing something like this can lead to a bit of a let down. You work looks great. The box has a very rustic feal to it, which is just what was needed. Keep it up!

Thanks, yeah, I've had a few let downs in the past, but I had a good feeling about this one, wish I'd had more time to stain the box, but I started the box too late.

Awesome stuff! I used your files for Boo and had them printed via 3D Hub. The pictures you posed will make it MUCH easier to assemble in a reasonable way.

One question I still have is how did you attach the charger handle Or is it not supposed to be attached at all?

Awesome stuff! I used your files for Boo and had them printed via 3D Hub. The pictures you posed will make it MUCH easier to assemble in a reasonable way.

One question I still have is how did you attach the charger handle Or is it not supposed to be attached at all?

I think i know which piece you mean, I superglued the spot with the flat head screwdriver spot in place, then I superglued the rod to the little hook piece. You could choose not to glue the rod to the hook if you'd like. I just didn't like the rod so loose and glued it in place.

Hello Monkey540. Well I finally got all the files for your Malcolm Reynolds Pistol Printed and I'm about to get started. I'm still working out how to make a working trigger. I don't know yet whether I'm going to stay with what you had as a trigger as the base and add to it with a bit of sheet stock for the "pivot point" and a spring for tension or use the real Metal Trigger (Taurus Model 85) I purchased from EBay, but that's the fun of it.

Again Thank You for providing a Great Set of Files.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back