Suicide Squad (Post-release)

Riiiight. *grin* Thank you for blatheringly proving/validating every single thing I said. And don't be ridiculous, you've been "riled up" for MONTHS. :lol

First of all I was kidding around. Second, why are people SO uptight on this forum? Its ridiculous! I proved you "right" with a joke? Kind of weird that Im only hearing about this now. Do I have an RPF stalker? Are you a pretty girl? Please say yes. :)
karmajay You my friend, are something else. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all I was kidding around. Second, why are people SO uptight on this forum? Its ridiculous!

it's not just here, it's everywhere. people deal in absolutes. no middle ground.

Say you're done with one thing... and then bring it up again, oops, you broke the 5th rule of your own society...execute him.

It's like that anywhere you go online...it's like being on the playground again.

I finally saw this over Christmas. I'd give it a 2 outta 5. Entertaining but plot and storyline felt weak and contrived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not just here, it's everywhere. people deal in absolutes. no middle ground.

Say you're done with one thing... and then bring it up again, oops, you broke the 5th rule of your own society...execute him.

It's like that anywhere you go online...it's like being on the playground again.

Yeah but on the playground people didnt just start talking trash, unless they wanted to get in a fist fight. You dont have that here, everyone just says whatever they want to say. Some get modded, some dont, its super arbitrary.

Last edited:

Yeah but on the playground people didnt just start talking trash, unless they wanted to get in a fist fight. You dont have that here, everyone just says whatever they want to say. Some get modded, some dont, its super arbitrary.

This just in: Pot calls kettle black.

Pffft if youre saying that I dont hold back everything I care to say, then youre sorely mistaken my friend. I bite my tongue quite a bit. Sometimes I wonder why though. Probably cause I wont have much to do at work if I get banned. Its winter you know, there are a lot of snowflakes around... :lol

:facepalm

think it would be good to either get back on subject or just let this thread die. personally i would prefer the first option and leave the attacks on personal taste out of every thread.

Last edited:
First of all I was kidding around. Second, why are people SO uptight on this forum? Its ridiculous! I proved you "right" with a joke? Kind of weird that Im only hearing about this now. Do I have an RPF stalker? Are you a pretty girl? Please say yes. :)
On some OTHER message boards (many of which basically endorse a no-holds-barred attitude, where being able to trash-talk over people, earns posters some kind of weird e-cred), I doubt your posting-style would've even raised an eyebrow. BUT, there is a fairly iron-fisted Code of Conduct in effect on this site (which is the main reason why "people are SO uptight on this forum", imo), & I have seen members temp- & perma-banned for exactly the kind of berating, belittling, insulting remarks, that you have been spitting at people for some time now.

If you want to, NOW, call ALL that vitriol that you've been posting, "kidding around", then might I suggest inserting some "j/k"'s or ";)"'s around your posts; so the next time you decide insult someones intelligence, or taste, or opinion, they know you're just "kidding around".

And sorry to further disappoint, but along with liking Suicide Squad, I am neither a girl, NOR am I a particularly good-looking man. So yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

:facepalm

think it would be good to either get back on subject or just let this thread die. personally i would prefer the first option and leave the attacks on personal taste out of every thread.
^Agreed.^

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get the Cara Delevigne dancing complaints. They could have had her dancing for 2 hours and I would have been fine with it.
I wish I had more hands, so I could give this post 4 thumbs-up. :lol

I'd been reading reviews, mostly here and worried 'sort of' that I too wouldn't dig the movie....and didn't get a chance to see it in theaters so finally saw it on DVD.
My first thought....what the hell are people complaining about? LOL...oh and that's rhetorical. I'm not really asking. :)
I dug the movie, and so did my wife and we agree usually about half the time when it comes to movies.
I liked this new Joker, loved Harley....the story felt like your typical Video Game...Gotta get to the top of that tower - sort of thing, like Dredd....;)
Batman, Joker and Flash cameos were cool but this wasn't a Batman or Joker movie per say so I was fine with it being about this Suicide Squad.

Was my childhood raped? Please...lol.
Fun movie, worth the two hours. Oscar winner? Yea No! But at least I didn't feel like I wanted those two hours of my life back. No, that was the first THOR movie, Avengers 1 & 2 and Iron Man 2. Yea those I did not care for......except for anytime we saw the HULK in Avengers, that was cool as hell. Otherwise, no...No no no.

I think Solo4114 hit the nail on the head. Somehow we've all forgotten how to just sit back and experience a movie and while possibly not liking it, not having it turn into this big 'thing'.
The experience is just as important as the context itself, which is why seeing a film at home is never the same 'experience' as seeing it on the big screen.

Anyhow, I dug Suicide Squad.:thumbsup

David

I find it ironic that the film where Jai Courtney is likeable is the only one where he is actually allowed to be an Australian.

Maybe putting on an accent sucks out his charisma.

On some OTHER message boards (many of which basically endorse a no-holds-barred attitude, where being able to trash-talk over people, earns posters some kind of weird e-cred), I doubt your posting-style would've even raised an eyebrow. BUT, there is a fairly iron-fisted Code of Conduct in effect on this site (which is the main reason why "people are SO uptight on this forum", imo), & I have seen members temp- & perma-banned for exactly the kind of berating, belittling, insulting remarks, that you have been spitting at people for some time now.

If you want to, NOW, call ALL that vitriol that you've been posting, "kidding around", then might I suggest inserting some "j/k"'s or ";)"'s around your posts; so the next time you decide insult someones intelligence, or taste, or opinion, they know you're just "kidding around".

And sorry to further disappoint, but along with liking Suicide Squad, I am neither a girl, NOR am I a particularly good-looking man. So yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

^Agreed.^

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I had more hands, so I could give this post 4 thumbs-up. :lol

Iron fisted? Cmon man. Be reasonable. I see people flat out call people names and nothing is said, nobody is banned, so relax. And youre whining cause I dont agree with you on a movie that you like? Dude, you personify what Im talking about. Do you need a hug? Do you have some personal vendetta against me? Belittle, insult, and berating? I cant help but laugh because you are the first person I have heard say anything of the sort, and I have never even heard of you before your post singling me out. But with this movie? No. Im not kidding around, if you like this movie, this is the reason horrible movies like this get made. When big time directors, directors held in the highest of esteem, say that cinema is dead? They are referring to people like you that like this crap. There. Is that vitriolic enough for you? If Im going to get called out for something, might as well go with the witch hunt yeah? Pah-leese. If I bother you so much, put me on ignore. :rolleyes

If I bother you so much, put me on ignore. :rolleyes

then they give you nicknames and berate you behind their back, as they wonder why you have them on ignore ;o).
Oh, they also call you a drama queen for begging people to put you on ignore, and say you are playing the victim.

I've forgotten what else since I no longer see their posts... unless I'm thinking it's one not bashing me ;o).

- - - Updated - - -

. Somehow we've all forgotten how to just sit back and experience a movie and while possibly not liking it, not having it turn into this big 'thing'.
The experience is just as important as the context itself, which is why seeing a film at home is never the same 'experience' as seeing it on the big screen.

One of my new years resolutions. Don't go on the moral high horse. no one else is. and don't follow movies so damn closely. form a simple opinion. if i'm curious on checking it out, c heck it out . if it's great, rave to the hills. if it's not, rant a few times and be done with it.

Following movies to closely gives one migranes, even if it is fascinating to watch it self destruct :)

then they give you nicknames and berate you behind their back, as they wonder why you have them on ignore ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

One of my new years resolutions. Don't go on the moral high horse. no one else is. and don't follow movies so damn closely. form a simple opinion. if i'm curious on checking it out, c heck it out . if it's great, rave to the hills. if it's not, rant a few times and be done with it.

Following movies to closely gives one migranes, even if it is fascinating to watch it self destruct :)

Maybe I should put that guy on ignore. Then again, I do find his posts really funny and entertaining. I dont want to miss out on that! ;)

Iron fisted? Cmon man. Be reasonable. I see people flat out call people names and nothing is said, nobody is banned, so relax. And youre whining cause I dont agree with you on a movie that you like? Dude, you personify what Im talking about. Do you need a hug? Do you have some personal vendetta against me? Belittle, insult, and berating? I cant help but laugh because you are the first person I have heard say anything of the sort, and I have never even heard of you before your post singling me out. But with this movie? No. Im not kidding around, if you like this movie, this is the reason horrible movies like this get made. When big time directors, directors held in the highest of esteem, say that cinema is dead? They are referring to people like you that like this crap. There. Is that vitriolic enough for you? If Im going to get called out for something, might as well go with the witch hunt yeah? Pah-leese. If I bother you so much, put me on ignore. :rolleyes
*Grin* Wow, that's a lot of bunched up jibber-jabber. I'll try & address things in order.

YES, "iron fisted". Regardless, of your perceived experience, I have seen DOZENS of members banned for behavior just like yours. Hell, I once received a year-long infraction from the mods, for typing "I agree" after another members post (a post, BTW, that didn't have ANY of the disrespect that you continuously spout).

I can't stop laughing at your bollocks, telling me to relax, after I had to hear you going "WAAAHHHHYOUDONTTELLMEWHATTODO!!!" after I suggested that you calm down with the insults. And it's a freaking double-lol that you accuse me of whining, after everyone, whose opinion differs from yours, has had to deal with your CMS (Constant Menstrual Syndrome) for months on end.

Let's see, what's next? A hug? Nah, I'm good, but thanks for offering. Personal vendetta? Nah, that'd take up to much of my time, which is at a premium at this point.

If I'm the first person you've heard saying anything, you haven't been paying attention.

You haven't heard of me? There's no reason you should have. *shrug*

Uhh, now what, horrible movies, big time directors, cinema dead, people like me, BLEE-BLAHBIDY-BLAH. Are you being vitriolic enough? You're saying the SAME THING you've been saying to people for months, so it's business-as-usual, right?

And, finally, you don't "bother" me "so much". I don't need to use the 'ignore' function; now that I know that it's pointless to interact with you, I'll just disregard you.

And since I'm unwilling to [perhaps further] risk my membership here, I'm done trying to keep the pacifier in your mouth. If your posting style is, indeed, OK with the staff, then there has definitely been a change in site policy, in which case, enjoy the freedom that the rest of us haven't had prior to this.

Oooh, & check it, somebody else liked the movie a couple posts up. You better get busy with the insulting snikt-schtick. You're dropping the ball.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back