Suicide Squad

Yes, I do remember that episode. It was one of the best in the series. I recall them sitting around playing poker while telling their stories. Mondo even did a poster / box set of the show intro art work which contained that one.

now, I could be completely wrong. Have we seen the joker push Harley into the vat/pool in the trailers? I'm tied up at work so I can't really check. So Could batman possibly accidentally knocked Harley in while fighting with the joker. In which the joker jumped in to save her crazy ass. Now that would be a crazy twist.

Yes, I do remember that episode. It was one of the best in the series. I recall them sitting around playing poker while telling their stories. Mondo even did a poster / box set of the show intro art work which contained that one.

now, I could be completely wrong. Have we seen the joker push Harley into the vat/pool in the trailers? I'm tied up at work so I can't really check. So Could batman possibly accidentally knocked Harley in while fighting with the joker. In which the joker jumped in to save her crazy ass. Now that would be a crazy twist.
Not that I have seen, and Im at work too, and I cant check. Joker does go into the vat with her and pulls her out a la new 52 style. However, there is a cut of one trailer that shows harley(post transformation) falling and then Batman swan diving into some body of water, and then it cuts away. So it could be that. But who knows, could be what you said, but since that kind of is like how it happened in 89 batman(jokers origin) I assume they would steer clear of bats "creating" HQ. Guess we will find out in August!

Not that I have seen, and Im at work too, and I cant check. Joker does go into the vat with her and pulls her out a la new 52 style. However, there is a cut of one trailer that shows harley(post transformation) falling and then Batman swan diving into some body of water, and then it cuts away. So it could be that. But who knows, could be what you said, but since that kind of is like how it happened in 89 batman(jokers origin) I assume they would steer clear of bats "creating" HQ. Guess we will find out in August!

Yeah, I think in the movie they are going to show the origin of these criminals and I wonder if the Batman shots involve some rescue scenes from this part?

Gonna put this in spoiler tags just so i dont ruin anything for any1 who decides to steer away from anything trailer related

As you mentioned bats diving after harley was when she was already harley quinn wich was prob in same with the lambo scene and the vat scene i think was harley choosing to go in herself. Think one of the trailers shows that she goes in on her own choice but then again cant tell that much from a mere trailer.

They've done a brilliant job hiding the plot and script to this, and I am looking forward to this as this was my favorited movie in Viveks 2016 survey. I think this will really please a lot of people.

Gonna put this in spoiler tags just so i dont ruin anything for any1 who decides to steer away from anything trailer related

As you mentioned bats diving after harley was when she was already harley quinn wich was prob in same with the lambo scene and the vat scene i think was harley choosing to go in herself. Think one of the trailers shows that she goes in on her own choice but then again cant tell that much from a mere trailer.

Ahhh ok. Interesting. I didnt fully read her new 52 origin, all I know is what happens, so I didnt know she went into the chemicals willingly. I thought the joker just threw her in there and part of her psychosis was that she fell in love with him.
karmajay I just hope its written well, and Batman isnt just shoehorned in there. Did you watch the suicide squad animated movie? Where Harley gets down with....Deadshot I think..It was cool how they gingerly put bats in there when he needed to be, but the rest was focused on SS themselves. DC animation is where its at.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want Harley with Will "I should Chris Benoit my family for the greater good" Smith. Yeah, I seen the picture and know the tale, just would be highly pissed. I'm surprised he didn't do a rap and music video for the movie. Ah maybe she will feed him to her very strong jaw babies.

Ahhh ok. Interesting. I didnt fully read her new 52 origin, all I know is what happens, so I didnt know she went into the chemicals willingly. I thought the joker just threw her in there and part of her psychosis was that she fell in love with him.
@karmajay I just hope its written well, and Batman isnt just shoehorned in there. Did you watch the suicide squad animated movie? Where Harley gets down with....Deadshot I think..It was cool how they gingerly put bats in there when he needed to be, but the rest was focused on SS themselves. DC animation is where its at.

From recent interviews, it's been confirmed that WB didn't push for Batman in the movie, it was David Ayer that really wanted him in there - Joker too. And if Ayer wanted him, I'm sure it will be for good story reasons. Not that it won't hurt the box office, so I imagine WB won't have fought him of course.

I watched "End of Watch" yesterday btw, one of Ayers movies. Didn't expect much just thought I'd try it. It was immense. I enjoyed Fury too, so I'll be really pissed off/surprised if SS doesn't hit the right spot - I'm genuinely excited for this now. DC on the big screen baby!

So now there is a Harley centric trailer, a Deadshot centric trailer, and two new TV spots which showcase tiny glimpses of new action and moments without having any major spoilers. Awesome.

Also, agree that they did Batman right in the Suicide Squad animated movie - good film that. The animated division hit it out the park more often than not.

Enchantress clip below! Not really a spoiler, literally 30 seconds of Waller explaining the Enchantress to a group of suits probably in the start of the film...click at your peril.

One of the trailers makes a subtle reference to Samson, which as some of you will know turns up in All Star Superman - time travelling strongman. Haha. And yet in the DCEU it's referenced as if its just one of earths myths etc and it really looks like theyre going to dig deep into our mythological history and connect everything together. The gods/Zeus/Atlanteans etc. Zeus might actually be Highfather...New Gods as our mythological Gods? Love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
During the video Harley seems to hook up with the joker after / on her mission. Unless she is rocking the same clothes before she went in. Which is possible I guess

Hot_Toys_SDCC_Preview06__scaled_600.jpg

Real or artist license?

This new Joker isn't very Joker-like in any of the scenes you see, he kinda just comes off as a criminal who took on the persona and name without really being insane.

This new Joker isn't very Joker-like in any of the scenes you see, he kinda just comes off as a criminal who took on the persona and name without really being insane.

Yup, still sticking with this joker being Jason Todd. I think we're gonna be in for a treat at the end of the credits. WB been so good at keeping the story and many other things under wraps so long. I think they still have their trump card up their sleeve which is..Joker's wild.

Yeah I'm leaning towards it not being the real Joker, especially when they've shown the ruined Robin costume before. If they reintroduce the real Joker at the end I'm wondering who is playing him. I just hope he is a bit more over the top and joker-like than Ledger's was.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back