Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Because it's a trilogy of films, this is the first, and Luke shows up at the end. Suggest you start getting your head around that now. Are you even reading this thread or just jumping in making random comments?

Exactly. And if the rumors are true it makes great sense and will really up the anticipation for EPVIII.

Ben

I think it's interesting we've heard about the death of you know who, yet have heard nothing of any kind of funeral scene.

With movies being shot so non linearly and special effect shots worked on until weeks before release, I'm not surprised we've only gotten what we have. .

very true i remember when spiderman 2 was releasing. it was finished only 3 weeks before it came out in theaters, i doubt know how that ever happened

- - - Updated - - -

love that!! 3po's arm is really red in that picture!

Because it's a trilogy of films, this is the first, and Luke shows up at the end. Suggest you start getting your head around that now. Are you even reading this thread or just jumping in making random comments?

I've read everything. Everything posted is rumors until the movie comes out. Just because some fan site says Luke isn't there until the end doesn't make it accurate...

What's the point of having Luke in it then? It would be like Lucas putting Anakin in AOTC, but you never got to see him fight.

Check out Harry Lime in the Third Man... its a great storytelling device that the person you are talking about and wondering about the most does not show up until close to the end or the end... as this is a trilogy, it does make a lot of sense that they would use this approach if the character is to play a larger role in the next movie. TFA is a hard sell for many fans because I am getting the distinct feeling that it is a transitional piece from the original cast to the new leads.

idk... i think thats like many others have said and its a flash back, lukes arm looks to thin. call me crazy lol :wacko
perhaps. but i tend not to think expository flashbacks fit the star wars movie style. a force vision maybe. we've seen fragments of dream visions.
i also don't buy the opening shot of a graflex flash falling from orbit.

there shalt be no slow motion peckinpah deaths. there shalt be no bullet-time...i have spoken.

Last edited:
perhaps. but i tend not to think expository flashbacks fit the star wars movie style. a force vision maybe. we've seen fragments of dream visions.
i also don't buy the opening shot of a graflex flash falling from orbit.

there shalt be no slow motion peckinpah deaths. there shalt be no bullet-time...i have spoken.

i pray the graflex isn't floating in space...

Maybe we see a fully realized Vader in the flashback..

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/08/s...getting-a-star-wars-the-force-awakens-figure/

- - - Updated - - -

ive been onboard with this movie but i hope this storypoint is false. it sounds incredibly stupid that luke's saber that he lost on bespin ends up in space and re-enters a planet.

It has appeared as a story element from multiple sources going back to the very start. What will matter most is how it is explained and I think we will have that.

One thing to consider regarding the Graflex, we assume it somehow makes its way from Bespin to Jakku without considering Luke may have retrieved it and has been in possession of it during the post ROTJ era and then it is either list or intentionally taken. I do think that's likely in so far as there is a puzzle the droids eventually decipher which lead to finding Luke that is somehow incorporated into the saber.

WOW! If they do a / several falshback sequences... they might take us down a new post RotJ path. It will be a first for a SW film (I think)

I'm not ready to move on from Vader just yet. I would not mind seeing him via flashbacks or in any way for that matter.

I'm only hopeful considering how much attention to detail they spent on the Graflex and on R2-D2 that they will source an actual ESB/ROTJ style costume and not one of the LFL tour suits or the ROTS versions.

I'm only hopeful considering how much attention to detail they spent on the Graflex and on R2-D2 that they will source an actual ESB/ROTJ style costume and not one of the LFL tour suits or the ROTS versions.

Boy, I don't know, I think they would be hard pressed to try and use or replicate the ROTJ suit when for no cost they can use the more recent one and 99.9% of the audience wound never know the difference. And I don't consider that a knock on the care they are taking making this film, simply a reasonable economic decision.

- - - Updated - - -

WOW! If they do a / several falshback sequences... they might take us down a new post RotJ path. It will be a first for a SW film (I think)

based on what we think we know there is a flashback led by Maz Katana and it would be a first. But it could also be considered a Force vision.

It's been speculated that this image was teasing a flashback.
I'm no expert but that doesn't look ROTS to me.
warwickselfie2.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back