Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

Anybody catch Steve Rogers back in his good old setting for a split second before the long shot of grounded cargo ships?

I'm betting the ballerinas are to cater to Whedon's foot fetish.

I'm curious where they're getting quinjets from if S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded. Unless they're Stark-made or the Avengers cut a deal for gov't backing they shouldn't have access to those anymore, right? Busted shield has me curious too, I didn't think it was possible to break vibranium. Hulkbuster suit looks awesome though, and I'm completely sold on Ultron (I don't give a frak about the lips, but I expect it's to help him emote for the ludites in the audience).

I don't think they were in a quintet :) if I remember correctly one of the toys based on the movie is supposedly an avengers jet or so it's called. Same basic design but sleeker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It's the end. The end of the path I started us on." -Tony Stark
"Nothing lasts forever." -Natasha Romanov

These are the only lines of dialogue we get from anyone other than Ultron. Maybe I am reading into it too much, but I find it a little too coincidental that Tony Stark/Iron Man actually did start us on "this path" a.k.a. the Marvel Cinematic Universe as we know it.

I'm thinking this was purposeful. From what we have been told, combined with the rumor mill, Marvel's Phase 3 will branch far outside the characters that we've already met. Could we be seeing the death of a character or two in this one? Or perhaps some other major change to the chemistry of these characters?

The Maximoffs getting a little protesty

ScreenShot2014-10-23at110143AM_zps9aaf8b71.png

And let's get a roll call. Left to right: Banner, Black Widow, ???, Thor, Cap, ???, Rhodes, Stark, Hawkeye

ScreenShot2014-10-23at110234AM_zps67cadc4a.png

One of the women is possibly Maria Hill? The woman to the right (red dress) almost looks like Agent May a bit... Any guesses?

The one in red dress is indeed Maria Hill. The other one could be Jane Foster but doesn't really look like her.

Anybody catch Steve Rogers back in his good old setting for a split second before the long shot of grounded cargo ships?
Yep, looks like a flashback sequence post-Serum.

One of the women is possibly Maria Hill? The woman to the right (red dress) almost looks like Agent May a bit... Any guesses?

I thought red dress was the scarlet witch at first but that was my brain flipping her dress and jacket colors. Maybe its Stan Lee in drag.

Gonna be the naysayer here.

Looks pretty generic. No different than the usual Marvel/Transformers/Superhero whatever movie we see several of each year.

No offense, but what are you expecting? It's not supposed to look like The English Patient or The Notebook....it's a Marvel superhero movie. :rolleyes

I thought The Avengers worked along side SHIELD :)

Well after Winter Soldier S.H.I.E.L.D. is viewed as a terrorist organization, was officially dissolved, and currently operates as a vigilante group with no government backing. Unless Coulson has fixed their reputation by the end of this current season I don't see the Avengers working with them in the next movie. Maybe Nick Fury had some of his own squirreled away he loans them though?

Toy branding doesn't mean squat to me. The thing is still a quinjet.

This movie is shaping up to look just so amazing. And just wait til May when the Star Wars trailer will be attached to that film! People are gonna make the theater auditoriums look like a Jackson Pollock painting! :D

Ultron working with HYDRA? Hacked by HYDRA?
Just wondering because the twins should be under Hydra control, right?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414092439047.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1414092439047.png
    288.1 KB · Views: 113
Got to say I'm hugely impressed by the tone set in the trailer. The use of the song set against Ultrons dialogue (Spader Vaders voice is spot on!!!) comes across as hauntingly malevalent. Plenty of globetrotting location shots with some great intense action pieces, and with some VERY personal crisis hinted at for our heros. Whats not to like !!!!!! Also well impressed by Marvels respounce to the leak, which was quality damage control!!!! Next year is looking VERY exciting!!!!!

This movie is shaping up to look just so amazing. And just wait til May when the Star Wars trailer will be attached to that film! People are gonna make the theater auditoriums look like a Jackson Pollock painting! :D

Is it a good representation of his spring period?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after Winter Soldier S.H.I.E.L.D. is viewed as a terrorist organization, was officially dissolved, and currently operates as a vigilante group with no government backing. Unless Coulson has fixed their reputation by the end of this current season I don't see the Avengers working with them in the next movie. Maybe Nick Fury had some of his own squirreled away he loans them though?

Toy branding doesn't mean squat to me. The thing is still a quinjet.

Well I was just saying and actually if you look at the inside of the ship In the clip the interior was much wider and so was the cockpit

They may have redesigned the quinjet or it's a different model of one. Plus Hulk and Rhodey completely look different between the first movies they were in and the next but still the same character ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back