eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Just thought I’d share pics from my LID that arrived 2 days ago here in New Zealand. After reading this thread I thought I’d add my 2 coins

After 4 years I can’t believe this thing is finally in my hands but like others I did have questions about the visor gap and jaw flare that yes perhaps are over exaggerated because of the fiber glassing but over all I think it’s a pretty good product. I think I’ll replace the acrylic stand as it doesn’t seem that sturdy to me and and the last thing I want is this thing crashing onto the ground and me crying like a baby.

Like everyone else I was pretty pissed with the delays that occurred, the excuses that were made, heck, I even met Bryan at last years Star Wars Celebration in Orlando and asked him what the hell was going on especially when he had a Biker Scout LID on display and yet no body had received them. His answer was to send him a direct email, which I did and I got no reply.

Oh and then there was an email from eFX that promised to send a PCR Vader helmet to all customers affected by the delay which never happened.

Then their website got deleted, records were apparently lost, the list goes on.

And am I happy? Well I guess I’m happy I got something. Is it 100% perfect. Nope.

Anyway, to Bryan and eFX, I probably won’t ever buy direct from you ever again. Your business practices are pretty questionable and misleading, your customer service and communication are non existent and I will recommend to anyone to never buy from you guys again.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 109
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
Is there a link? I checked out the RS Props website, but the Biker helmet link isn't working for me on their site.

Its usually best to email them for availability etc., info@rspropmasters.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The true Legend is the RS Scout. EFX is a fairytale
Had a bit of sticker shock with the RS kit, but given it's linage and seeing the pics here, went ahead and grabbed one.
Concerning EFX (and perhaps a bit off-topic); I saw a bit of the exchange on Rebelscum. Holy crap, there's one member in particular that is pissed off and has some crazy conspiracy theories.

A fiberglass replica and an ABS kit or replica are meant for people looking for different things. That is why efx announced both versions. Some differences are to be expected, otherwise why announce both versions? However this does not excuse some of the issues with the fiberglass version.

Comparing an efx ABS to the RS ABS makes more sense. Whether efx ever produces the ABS version is another question.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

A fiberglass replica and an ABS kit or replica are meant for people looking for different things. That is why efx announced both versions. Some differences are to be expected, otherwise why announce both versions? However this does not excuse some of the issues with the fiberglass version.

Comparing an efx ABS to the RS ABS makes more sense. Whether efx ever produces the ABS version is another question.

Not really; fiberglass or ABS buyers are looking for the same thing. A helmet that's as EFX put it has "Master patterns made from the original wood patterns made by Industrial Light and Magic".
Buyers, ABS or fiberglass, wanted a helmet that is quality and as EFX advertised taken from the master patterns by ILM.
All the excuses of can't do this is fiberglass, blah, blah is just that excuses. Fiberglass helmets of the biker scout have existed for years and look way better than the EFX one.
EFX screwed up and they'll never admit it and the EFX cheerleaders are acting like they own stock in EFX or something because they can't admit EFX screwed up.

I have to agree. While the actual construction may be different between ABS and fiberglass, externally, there should be no substantial difference if they're used from the same original model. Any experienced prop builder can take an ABS helmet, mold it and turn it into a fiberglass one. This how a lot of recasters in the business operate; I can't tell you how many times I've come across fiberglass recast snowtrooper armor in my 9 years. Sure, some people's quality is crap, but others, you wouldn't know what material it was unless it had a crap paint job or you were up-close to look at it.

It would be rather ridiculous to think that the people manufacturing these helmets for EFX don't have that level of skill to adequately replicate the helmet using the same forms as claimed. The only other consideration in this equation, which is an assumption that people emphasize heavily on, is that is it *really* cast from original models or have you all been "duped" into this concept?

I say that because Anovos is doing the same exact thing on their product listings. Sure, their products change from their prototypes, but I can recall numerous pages where it had very vague and ambiguous assertions the product to be sold is from screen used assets/production made pieces. That can literally mean anything, however, if you think about it, such as they say one thing to lead you into believing it's "cast from an original mold" but in reality, it could mean that these were from 3d prints using production made references or alternative sources provided by LFL archives. They are not 'technically' wrong, but it is misleading to the general public.

The last thing to consider is that maybe if these are in fact derived from an original model, then how can we judge they just didn't "fix" things or alter it?

It just seems really suspect that after all this time, this is what you guys end up with? It's a shame. I actually remember when this thread first went up and how excited everyone was for it. Now it's disappointment and confusion.

Last edited:
just out of interest, whats the opinion on the altmans lid? I got one of those and thought it was viewed as the best lid but now I'm wondering if I should get rid of that for an rs one.

No,no..a good fiberglasser can make you an fiberglass scouthelmet that is spot on.

I'm not saying a fiberglass helmet can't have the right shape.

A customer who is looking for ultimate accuracy should want the same kind of materials and construction method as was used for the originals.

I totally agree the efx helmet has issues with the shape and gaps and is disappointing.

Obviously efx felt there was reason to offer both a fiberglass and abs version. If they looked virtually identical and no one cared about the material, there wouldn't be any reason to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If they looked virtually identical and no one cared about the material, there wouldn't be any reason to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yes, there is. The reason would be cost; the ABS version would have more labor and parts thus a higher cost to it. Also some people just like the look of fiberglass better.

just out of interest, whats the opinion on the altmans lid? I got one of those and thought it was viewed as the best lid but now I'm wondering if I should get rid of that for an rs one.

If you have an original Altmans lid, keep it. Generally, it's seen as a fairly faithful representation of the original bucket. It's not exact, but of the helmets available at the time it was made, it was certainly the best. Even now, it holds up well against the RS and LW helmets.

Still no reply to my emails from this joke of a company. ******* sort it out you bunch of thieving c****

Disney/LFL should order Efx to refund everybody with interest and remove their licenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back