someone school me on Cibi (Blade Runner) whiskey glasses

MystArt

Now that I am a proud owner of one of Sarednab's amazing original Blade Runner whiskey bottles, I need a square glass to drink it out of. But I have questions below.

Here's my video of the bottle if anyone's interested.

Okay so I have looked at a number of big glasses to pour into and I know the name or make of the original is Cibi and apparently the 37 centiliter (CL) size is the one Deckard drank from. No problem, I see them readily available on various online shopping websites.

But when I check YouTuber unboxings of Cibi 37 CL glasses they seem to have a black logo on them like this picture.

c81cc9626f8b936cb1f19e353f46d278.jpg Don't know if you can make it out in the center there but a little black square shows on the glass.

Now, the sort of good news is Blade Runner 2049 is coming out in a boxed set but possibly only in Australia? and will have two whiskey glasses in the set....

11566761-8764521890799696.jpg

Assuming this boxed set comes to Canada then I might go for this set but I'm a little worried about the fact "Blade Runner 2049" is etched into the glass and since these are included with a movie, maybe the quality of the glassware might not be that great?

So should I go for the standard Cibi glass? Is that black square logo removable?
Or should I go for the movie boxed set assuming it comes to Canada? I'm less of a fan of the etched logo on those though, would much prefer if the glasses could just be plain as seen in the original movie.

Those are my questions. Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Straight off the bat, avoid the film pack glasses at all costs. They are cheap replicas and wouldnt come close the the crystal beauty of an original Cibi. The originals have a weight and feel to them that are just superb. You would also never get the logo off those film pack glasses either. I tried many different ways of trying to remove the BR2049 logo of that bottle and had no success whatsoever. You will find however actually drinking out of the Cibi glass is harder than you think.;)

The little black squares on the Cibi`s are just labels and peel right off.

The person who made the first ever BR bottles back in 2008 has the username Once Bitten and they were launched on Propsummit.com

I got one of the crystal original versions of the original bottle and yes, the liquid doesnt touch the sides. They were promoted as the best you could get and though heavy, are magnificent but the fact that the liquid never touched the sides was never revealed at the time.

There is also a bottle from a Japanese maker that is plastic but had no cap.

Your argument for Deckard not being a replicant is a little thin and I could convince you otherwise over a bottle of JWB anytime you are in Australia.:cheers

Hope that helps you out and you actually helped me out as Ive been looking for a more accurate cap for my bottle and it looks like your alternative is spot on.:thumbsup

Your argument for Deckard not being a replicant is a little thin and I could convince you otherwise over a bottle of JWB anytime you are in Australia.:cheers

Thanks Mr Webber! That's exactly what I was looking for. Consider me sold on a proper Cibi.
And if I'm ever in Australia, consider it a date!

PS, I did another video that Deckard can't be a Replicant years ago. Herewith added for your .... enjoyment?

These Cibi glasses, the ones I see looks like the makers name or logo is engraves onto the bottom of the glass. Is that a new thing, or were the ones in the original film like that too?

Can't say enough good things about the original Cibi.
Holding one in your hands; feeling the heft and structure, gives one pause to think about the art of design.
Well worth at least one to go with the bottle.

I love the glass and will consider getting one. I am just hoping I am wrong about the laser engraving on the bottom. Every time I would drink from it, it would be right in front of my nose, bothering me...

Straight off the bat, avoid the film pack glasses at all costs. They are cheap replicas and wouldnt come close the the crystal beauty of an original Cibi. The originals have a weight and feel to them that are just superb. You would also never get the logo off those film pack glasses either. I tried many different ways of trying to remove the BR2049 logo of that bottle and had no success whatsoever. You will find however actually drinking out of the Cibi glass is harder than you think.;)

The little black squares on the Cibi`s are just labels and peel right off.

Got my Cibi the other day and love it! I'm glad I followed your advice Mr Webber. Apologies I forgot your name in my unboxing video, I just said "a guy in Australia". Serves me right for not properly researching before filiming.

And DeLano80 mine does have that logo etched in the bottom of it too but honestly until you pointed it out I didn't even notice.

Got my Cibi the other day and love it! I'm glad I followed your advice Mr Webber. Apologies I forgot your name in my unboxing video, I just said "a guy in Australia". Serves me right for not properly researching before filiming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPXTkFlSag

And DeLano80 mine does have that logo etched in the bottom of it too but honestly until you pointed it out I didn't even notice.

Glad to hear it. " Drink some for me pal"

The etching may come off I have to look at my friends, I bought it for his x-mas gift.

Anybody looking to get one of these give a shout to Phil here he sells them and the more you buy the bigger the discount

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back