Are Star Wars toys just not selling?

Was one of the few people who liked the micro collection.

But I'm a sucker for cool playsets. And that series had them in spades

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Was one of the few people who liked the micro collection.

But I'm a sucker for cool playsets. And that series had them in spades

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I loved them, too. Especially the X-Wing that blew apart. Think I still have it around here somewhere.

Love this toy. Voice command/interaction Yoda. With Lightsaber

20180122_191913.jpeg

The original 1980s figure size was a compromise for the sake of the whole collection.

It's possible to make great detailed figures of Han & Chewie if they are 6" tall - but your kid won't be putting them inside a Millennium Falcon toy the size of a breakfast table and flying them around.

Smaller figures = smaller vehicles = more affordable figures and vehicles = kids can get a more complete collection and play with all of it.

I think it comes down to Lego's. Prices need to come down. As a father of older kids, I know that Lego can find a way to implement building with game. Schematics of a ship physically built and type of ship, to give an edge in a computer world. An online game world. Scan the ship you physically built, upload the characters, that you physically have in that ship, then use it for offensive or defensive strategy, in a MMRPG online virtual world.

My ship and crew (that I physically have in front of me) against yours... Hell, I would play that.

From what I've seen, and I haven't been paying attention to action figures for a while, the new basic SW figures have about as much articulation as the OT figures. I think you have to buy the Black series figures for a decent amount of articulation. I'm glad my nephew is done with SW toys (he's 14) because he had all the cool stuff!

They are making lousy toys.
Yep. But the sculpts of the 3 3/4" TLJ figs are AMAZING compared to TFA.

three foot tall dolls. Who the hell wants those?
Handicapped children and people with motoric disabilities do enjoy them indeed. The size is ideal for them.

In addition, there is another use for them:

Remember to always have enough shoe polish at home! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent people even made costumes for their kids using those 3' figures? Thats a pretty good use for them.

Yep. But the sculpts of the 3 3/4" TLJ figs are AMAZING compared to TFA.

Handicapped children and people with motoric disabilities do enjoy them indeed. The size is ideal for them.

In addition, there is another use for them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y57ZSVRAF8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIZX2B5FS0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozG8yRkw2M

Remember to always have enough shoe polish at home! :)

That guy is a genius at toy do overs. Love his work. Maybe Disney should hire him.

If it continues and the old consumers die off, then there will be no "Mouse" to rule in the toy industry. Mr Webber ;) They need to find a way to turn the heads of this generation from PC and cell phone screens, to actual "on the table or floor" toys. Otherwise, the physical aspect of toys will disappear faster than betamax.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cardbacks are really weak and unimpressive as well as very small. The Vintage style full photo cardbacks were really appealing.
Also the OT had a wonderful universe full of characters ( main and background ) that children could use their imaginations when playing with them. Today they are very uninteresting characters and children are impressed upon what they should imagine about them.

Different times nowadays.....

All that plus Disney and RJ and JJ to some extent murdered everything that Star Wars stood for in the past with 7 & 8.

I will admit though that I really enjoyed Rogue One and actually considered buying some of those collectibles....

to each his own....who cares

The cardbacks are really weak and unimpressive as well as very small. The Vintage style full photo cardbacks were really appealing.

The Vintage Style is the only one that really looks good. The drama began with the Power of the Force II line when Kenner decided to use a boring red / green card with a blue comic Vader. I never understood why they changed the design. If they had kept it they would have sold much more figures then and now. It's good to know that it's coming back soon.

Here in Australia, 2 things in the SW catergory of toys grind my gears.

1. The prices are ridiculous. $69 for a 1ft stormtrooper with some kind of weird jet pack???? When I got the Hasbro Hero X Wing to convert to open wings, it cost $90!!. It's made of cheap HDPE plastic and had no functionally. When they came out they were $110!......the lowest I ever saw one was $45 and that was a damaged box one.

2. Weird mash ups (stormtrooper with a jet pack) that are so out there no only do they make no sense, but kids don't like them as there is no movie reference.

I s'pose it could be worse.......

16478043639_8a702f3736_b.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back