The Walking Dead Season 4

Maybe the zombie virus in a live human is dormant and then something activates it when you die? If you get bit, they transmit an active live virus into your system that turns you quickly.

Everyone's hung up on the virus root/cause/method etc. But I thought the episode was really well done. I hated the shows choice not to show us a cheesy Zombaby though. That would have drove me off the walls seeing a little bundle of rot.

Everyone's hung up on the virus root/cause/method etc. But I thought the episode was really well done. I hated the shows choice not to show us a cheesy Zombaby though. That would have drove me off the walls seeing a little bundle of rot.

Huh? Where was the opportunity for a 'Zombaby'? Hate to break it to you, but if you're referring to the sack, that wasn't a baby in there. It was understood to be the woman's husband, Eddie's head, she kept. She explained to Rick that Eddie 'took care of her and killed all the walkers until.......'

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

I may be crazy, but I couldn't help but think of Voltaire's 'Candide' after watching the last episode. Did anyone else happen to notice the parallels there?

Candide? Like, pants come with two legs therefore it is only natural that people should have two legs? I haven't read that since high school.

The only books I remember reading in high school are Romeo and Juliet, and The Outsiders. They both went in one eye, and out the other. Wait, I'm starting to vaguely remember another book about some kid and something about a chimpanzee that escaped from a traveling circus. The only other detail I can remember is that it's a well known book, but I can't remember which one.
It's ironic, I guess, that english classes always bored the hell out of me, despite my love of reading and writing.

From a thematic stand point, the themes of optimism and sufferance of the human condition (as seen with Rick and his group), the hypocrisy and corruption of power (the Governor), the illusion of utopia (Woodbury), and the irony of social inversion (living in the prison) all parallel those themes of Voltaire in Candide. I could press deeper, but wouldn't want to bore anyone if this isn't of interest.

From a thematic stand point, the themes of optimism and sufferance of the human condition (as seen with Rick and his group), the hypocrisy and corruption of power (the Governor), the illusion of utopia (Woodbury), and the irony of social inversion (living in the prison) all parallel those themes of Voltaire in Candide. I could press deeper, but wouldn't want to bore anyone if this isn't of interest.

That's actually a good thing if the episodes is giving you some social commentary on par with some French dudes crazy novels...I think?:confused

I just thought it would have been good if we could see some Zombabies on the show...could you imagine if they did an episode where they visited a clinic on accident?:wacko

Didn't Voltaire's Candide say to live life at "Benny Hill freak out speed"? Not a quote of what he wrote but a paraphrase. Make it up as you go like Keyser Soze.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back