X-wing set piece. What is that?!?

staermose

Sr Member
I know that the miniatures, and the set pieces of all Star Wars vehicles differ greatly. I was just surprised today when I was watching The Empire Strikes Back, and noticed this thing. Often a lot of the details on the miniatures are replicated differently on the set pieces, but this one (I think) is unique to just the set piece.
Does any off you have any idea what it could be? Has this been mentioned anywhere before (canon, EU, legends)?

It doesn't appear to be a part of the forward landing gear.

L38sJVK.jpg

That is pretty incredible that you noticed that. I've never heard anybody mention that before. The movie was released 37 years ago, BTW.
Maybe its the tap for the beer keg in the nose cone.

TazMan2000

Is there a photo in the first post that is not showing up? What exactly are we talking about. Very curious now.

Hey MJF,

Its a screen grab from ESB just before they close the shield doors on Hoth. R2 and 3PO are standing next to the XWing. There appears to be a long silver cylinder greeblie,pointing front to back, attached to the underside of the Xwing up under the nose. VERY odd!

Hey MJF,

Its a screen grab from ESB just before they close the shield doors on Hoth. R2 and 3PO are standing next to the XWing. There appears to be a long silver cylinder greeblie,pointing front to back, attached to the underside of the Xwing up under the nose. VERY odd!

Thanks.

I see it now. For some reason it was not showing up of the browser/computer I was on earlier.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back