(PIC HEAVY) Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

Re: Matt's Spider-Man: Homecoming Suit build! (Homemade + Stark tech)

@matthewdelacruz i'm making the suit and i thought of back [cause they don't sell extra long zippers here] but how do i get around the back spider symbol, are you going the long route with the armpit zipper?

Last edited by a moderator:

@matthewdelacruz i'm making the suit and i thought of back [cause they don't sell extra long zippers here] but how do i get around the back spider symbol, are you going the long route with the armpit zipper?

I don't quite understand what you meant, but if you're doing the center back zipper, then the spider symbol will automatically need to be split in half. I plan on doing what they did on the real suit (which is a U-zip), but instead of one long zipper, they had three zippers. One invisible zip on each side and a separating zipper at the bottom of the belt

Slowly puffy painting the blues. So far I have 4/10 sections of the blue done, and I'm saving all the reds for my move to Sweden. I only have like two courses that I'm gonna take there for 6 months so I have a lot of free time. But here's a little glimpse of what the end result would end up looking like.

View attachment 745770View attachment 745769

I love how the blue sections change shade depending on the lighting.

I so can't wait for you to be done. It's gonna be awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@matthewdelacruz any more pictures of the mechanical lenses you previously made?

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

Are you ronchan? Lol. I won't post any more detailed pics of my lenses because I don't want anybody stealing/tracing my designs.
I think thats a really good idea. It is sad though, that in our day and age you have to worry about having an awesome idea. :(
Really hyped to see the finished suit bro!

I'm trying to figure out a way to make the moving lenses with face shell removable from the mask. The outer lens that stays static would have to be thick enough to stay flush with the moving lens parts, but the face shell itself would have to be thin enough to make room for the fabric to fold in and make everything al flush.... I don't know how to explain this actually. I could go with a detached mask to make things easier, but I honestly hate the way detached masks bunch up or misalign once you start to move.

Just curious...I'm from the Philippines too, and I've been looking for a place that sells latex. The kind you used for the back spider and not the variety for molding. What brand did you use and where did you buy it? Great build by the way :)

Just curious...I'm from the Philippines too, and I've been looking for a place that sells latex. The kind you used for the back spider and not the variety for molding. What brand did you use and where did you buy it? Great build by the way :)

Thanks! Are you in Manila? There's an art store called Joli's just outside UST (the school), that's where I got it. There are two branches but both are just around UST. I think I got a 1L bottle for 300 something pesos. I don't know where they get it from but they do have a lot of molding and casting materials that I've never seen at any other store before.

Thanks! Are you in Manila? There's an art store called Joli's just outside UST (the school), that's where I got it. There are two branches but both are just around UST. I think I got a 1L bottle for 300 something pesos. I don't know where they get it from but they do have a lot of molding and casting materials that I've never seen at any other store before.

I'm actually from Cubao but I'm familiar with the area. I'll look into it :) For a second when I read "Joli's" I thought you were referring to Jollibee :))

Sorry if I missed it in a previous post, but what are you going to do for the Stark Tech web shooters?

Does anybody know if there are free files that are top-notch (Like Ken Landrum's) for the homemade web shooters?

Does anybody know if there are free files that are top-notch (Like Ken Landrum's) for the homemade web shooters?
This isn't really the right thread to post that, but Troy Cavalieri has been making free Homemade Web Shooter files. Not extremely accurate yet, but it's close and I believe he's still working on them.

This isn't really the right thread to post that, but @Troy Cavalieri has been making free Homemade Web Shooter files. Not extremely accurate yet, but it's close and I believe he's still working on them.
Whoops! Sorry, I didn't think that one through entirely... I'll try to stay on topic in the future! :(

Whoops! Sorry, I didn't think that one through entirely... I'll try to stay on topic in the future! :(
It's all good man, and it's not about staying on topic :lol you might find more and better answers in the Homemade suit open thread :)

I probably won't be posting any major updates any time soon. I've got so much paperwork to handle for my move to Sweden on the 22nd. You guys can always check my instagram (you don't need an instagram account to view it, just click here to view it on your mobile or laptop www.instagram.com/maffhewdc ) for minor updates but they will most likely be all about puffy painting.

Absolutely love how my chest emblem turned out! This was cast in latex from a mold that I made of my hand sculpted emblem. I'm just waiting for my 3D printed legs on a flat base to arrive so I could mold them easily.

DSC_1811.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back