Jedi Training Remote finished

Nils

Sr Member
Hi guys,
I had a couple days of waiting for new X-Wing parts, so I figured I would start working on a JTR (commission).
This was a fun project. The base was 3D printed and I needed to rework the really bad parts.
I completely removed the bad rims and filled the holes for the tank hatches.

IMG_2002.JPG IMG_2579.JPG

Next, it was time for base coat, painting and weathering. Adding the new resin hatches and new rims.

IMG_2422.JPG IMG_2581.JPG

I figured it would be nice to present the remote in a MR-style case, so I made one and attached the remote on a plexi rod from behind (in one of the rims).

IMG_2580.JPG

Adding a plaque to it, made it look complete. I like how the remote looks floating or hovering.

IMG_2576.JPG IMG_2575.JPG IMG_2577.JPG IMG_2578.JPG

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Fantastic build! I have the MR remote, & I've always thought it was one of their gems. Kind of a sleeper, because for years you could find it for less than it was new. I really think you nailed the paint & weathering. Just brilliant, sir. An excellent build :thumbsup
I absolutely LOVE the case you built! It really looks like it's hovering inside the case. I only just recently got a glass dome cover for mine. But man, I love your case!

Wow, thanks man!

Fantastic build! I have the MR remote, & I've always thought it was one of their gems. Kind of a sleeper, because for years you could find it for less than it was new. I really think you nailed the paint & weathering. Just brilliant, sir. An excellent build :thumbsup
I absolutely LOVE the case you built! It really looks like it's hovering inside the case. I only just recently got a glass dome cover for mine. But man, I love your case!

Hi, do you think you could make a run for the training remotes?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6P en utilisant Tapatalk

I could do that, with a list of say five. But they would be expensive, the acrylic bucket alone cost like 120usd. Then comes the glass mirrored base + work.
But if there are enough interest, I could do it.

I could do that, with a list of say five. But they would be expensive, the acrylic bucket alone cost like 120usd. Then comes the glass mirrored base + work.
But if there are enough interest, I could do it.
How much would it be for a training remote with a simple pillar?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6P en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm thinking of maybe offer these cases (short list) here on the RPF. If anyone would be interested.

Honestly, I'd be all over a sign up list, if I didn't just get this glass dome.
IMG_0816.JPG

But, depending on how the list goes, I could be tempted to jump in, if you'd need "that last 1" to make it a go ;)

Oh, I think I misunderstood you guys. I was thinking of maybe offer the case.
I will NOT offer the remote. Sorry.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back