Need some help with my MK1 assembly

Djblingbling1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got my weathered Roman Mk1 today and am looking for a bit of advice on assembly.

My balancer wont stay on even remotely, what is the general consensus on it, set screw or epoxy?

Also I see a few variations on the assembly orientation, is there a "correct" way?

I managed to bugger up my d ring somehow, would the wannawanga be a good accurate replacement or is there another source?

Only thing I really did good on figuring out was to use a punch to get the clamp slots wide enough for the transistors....kinda sad I had to punch it at all but oh well.

Some pics might help. I'm sure you can get a replacement ring from Roman. Also, the transistors should have fit just fine without modifying the clamp...

I ended up just using some E6000 to get the balancer secured for now.

Roy is out of stock till march so ill just wait.

The transistors definitely didnt fit, even on the guide on RE it shows them drilled/punched, just not described in the guide. I didn't want to risk messing them up as I think the clamp is steel and the threads are aluminum.

I THINK I got the orientation right, just not sure about the holes on the booster section...I then they are evenly on the sides of the clamp.

Here is mine from RE

DSC_0842_zps7ea8031f.jpg

The transistors fit right in and screw into the clamp spacer

fear not!! there is nothing wrong with your balance pipe!

roman7.jpg

2pieceemitter.jpg

mine is the same why. just like Djblingbling recommend, a little dab of E6000 and that sucker will be on there like iron!

i have yet to do this because i am planning on re-weathering the saber, and prefer the emitter in 2 pieces. right now i have some foam and painters tape, around the inside emitter, holding the outer emitter in place. though a few swings and she'll come undone. it looks fine in the display case until my final assembly which probably wont be until mid summer

The clamp I received was not the summer clamp but one from the recent graflex run so maybe thats why?

I figure once im 100% done with weathering and what not maybe ill swap the e6000 for epoxy, glad thats a common thing, I thought maybe I broke something.

I just received my weathered MK1 kit yesterday. I also noticed the transistors do NOT have room to thread through the clamp. I'm currently searching to find if I need to drill through the clamp notch to fit the transistors or what... Roman has a short video on the site showing how he installs D-Rings quite easily.

Hi Everyone,

I have a Romans Mk1 fx kit (weathered version) I recieved Sat, It is amazing and I am sooooo stoked to have it in my collection and Roman helped me with all my questions and worries:)
Problem is the hollow cage, I cannot seem to unscrew it from the grenade, I have used a lot of force and it still will not budge.?? Has anyone else had this issue? I don't want use anymore force as I feel I will bend of damage the cage /spacer. Just worried if this does not come apart will it still be assebile for an install? cant really afford to order a new MK1 grenade and spacer to the UK again:( any help and advice would be grand:)

I just PMed you back. Try freezing it in the freezer, then take it out and try spinning it free.

Once it starts getting back to room temperature it should break free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my weathered MK1 Fx and I am so stoked about it! I was tinkering with it last night and I also noticed the transistors didn't want to thread into the clamp. I don't want to mar this clamp up, I thought about tapping the openings but am curious what others did.

I just got my weathered MK1 Fx and I am so stoked about it! I was tinkering with it last night and I also noticed the transistors didn't want to thread into the clamp. I don't want to mar this clamp up, I thought about tapping the openings but am curious what others did.

I believe some others have used a hole punch to spread the opening some, but take caution as the clamp material will flex and warp easily. I ended up using a small file to open up the holes just enough to thread the transistor screws threw.

I believe some others have used a hole punch to spread the opening some, but take caution as the clamp material will flex and warp easily. I ended up using a small file to open up the holes just enough to thread the transistor screws threw.

Thanks for the tips, I think the small round file is probably the best bet.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back