Terminator: Dark Fate

Of course Sarah is great! She has just had more appearances and is more well known as a character than Kyle. I love the contrast between T1 and T2 Sarah.

I dunno, I was keen as mustard for Jim to come back and close his trilogy properly but he wants another 15 Terminator movies and 15 Avatar movies and it's just getting long in the tooth. I love the guy but come on man the last thing terminator needs is heaps more sequels. Do one more and ****ing finish it already.

Ben

The Terminator movies are a great example of taking a simple and (in its way) beautiful idea and sucking all the life right out of it.

It's common knowledge that James Cameron got the idea for The Terminator from a literal fever dream: just the image of a metal torso dragging itself away from a fire. He was so disturbed by that image that he wrote the whole movie around it.

All of the subsequent movies have, in one way or another, defanged that kernel of an idea. The original story was about ordinary people trying to escape an unstoppable killing machine. The sequels have all been about unstoppable killing machines fighting other unstoppable killing machines with the main characters are little more than bystanders. Terminator 2 is a good movie —*not flawless, but good — but it's not scary like The Terminator was. It's an action movie, not a horror movie.

All this to say that I think the concept peaked with the first movie, and the increasingly long line of pain-hazed-death-march sequels is, at best, unnecessary.

This 100%! The core idea of a unstoppable robot assassin coming after you is such a great idea. You can't stop it with conventional weapons, and no one will believe you if you tell them. When it descended into two robots fighting each other like cartoons, it lost all impact.

I would love a new Terminator film that was not about the Connors, and didn't feature Arnie. But instead featured just a normal looking actor as the Terminator, kinda like the original idea of casting Lance Henriksen in the role.

I don't get it..... is John Connor the being in the middle???? Is that a man or a woman???

How many times can you try to reboot something? Cause none of it makes any sense now.

I don't get it..... is John Connor the being in the middle???? Is that a man or a woman???

How many times can you try to reboot something? Cause none of it makes any sense now.
I saw that the other day and had to look it up. Its a woman. Hopefully Cameron didn't lose his touch and this will be just another silly terminator movie.

That is one rough looking grandma. Sigh...not much to add to this one. Hollywood has grown so tiresome on so many levels.

I’ll catch it on a lazy Sunday when when it eventually makes it way to NETFLIX.

The article says there are three ladies on the photo.

Oh man, don’t ever get into the Halloween franchise...

Ok... sure looks like man though...

Isn't the whole premise of the Terminator to be about John being the leader against sky net and winning the war against humanity? Terminators sent back to erase his existence etc?
I'm confused... So far this looks like a laughable ,"chick flick"/ weird reboot of the fanchise. Difficult to get excited about.
Such is hollyweird today.

I saw that the other day and had to look it up. Its a woman. Hopefully Cameron didn't lose his touch and this will be just another silly terminator movie.

Well hasn't John Connor been cast like 5 different times now? Or do we now have to suffer through a "Johnetta" SJW script? Further making a complete mess of the original?

Well hasn't John Connor been cast like 5 different times now? Or do we now have to suffer through a "Johnetta" SJW script? Further making a complete mess of the original?
I'm thinking its a different character all together.....hopefully. Guess you just never know what can be in a movie anymore, no matter whos making it.

Cough...Avatar...cough...

I’ll catch it on a lazy Sunday when when it eventually makes it way to NETFLIX.
Pretty sad that this applies to the overwhelming majority of upcoming movies, innit...?

Ok... sure looks like man though...
Didn’t say she didn’t.

What I'm saying is if you ignore 3,4 (which I loved)
Oh wow now that’s something you don’t hear every day...

For me, I just wish they’d done away with the time travel thing and do a proper R-rated dark and suspenseful future war movie.
And to be perfectly honest, it’s a great film no doubt but even T2 had very very little story to tell after the first one and what that story was kinda retconnet aspects of T1 already.

The "man" you guys thought you saw is Mackenzie Davis, who was in Blade Runner 2049 and one of the best Black Mirror episodes (San Juniperno). They really worked on here to de-feminize her though, not sure why...
bqq5g0bbbwtzlrgud83d.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up, cause I totally thought she was a dude. Cause cmon. The hair, the pecs, I dunno, Im not excited at all for this, just coming from this photo. Not too keen on a character that I cant tell is male or female...

Thanks for clearing that up, cause I totally thought she was a dude. Cause cmon. The hair, the pecs, I dunno, Im not excited at all for this, just coming from this photo. Not too keen on a character that I cant tell is male or female...

Really? It was pretty obvious it was a female actress - a tomboy look isn't uncommon.

You're already going on record as not liking a character simply cos in one promo photo you can't tell if they are male or female? That's.. impressive.

Really? It was pretty obvious it was a female actress - a tomboy look isn't uncommon.

You're already going on record as not liking a character simply cos in one promo photo you can't tell if they are male or female? That's.. impressive.
Wow, been a member for as long as I have, with only 60 responses including that one. Thats impressiveGive me a break guy. Uhhh clearly it wasnt obvious considering all the people in this thread alone couldnt tell either.

Theres a difference between tomboy and having your pecs flared out enough to look like a man. Its just funny how condescending you get because of one opinion I have. All I said was that I wasnt too keen on it, and look how far you took it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back