Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

I want everyone to be happy, especially given the investment required to own a Tomen.

So I say the following with the best of intentions and with no malice or intent to upset or offend:

Even the hero prop was not flawless with regard to the fit of the grips. I can understand the frustration, of course, especially if one’s vision is to have an “as issued” prop replica.

But I do believe there is a point of diminishing returns when it comes to fretting over stuff like this. I do not judge and I do not claim to decide what that point is for anyone but me, but I do hope this message is a small comfort to some and not more than a nuisance to others.

:)

Last edited:
you are correct about the bottoms but i'm not too worried about that.it was the top that was bad.hope you get the result you are happy with.these are not cheap toys so should be better
Looking good, thanks for posting them! The bottoms of yours are rough, too, but maybe your old ones were like that, in which case, you're probably not sweating it :)

Last edited:
For anyone who is concerned about their replacement grips (and more power to you if you're not, life's too short!): HCG is looking into solutions but there will be a delay due to SDCC. Have a better one, y'all.

Hi,

I have received my replacement grips for the February 2018 Tomen as well and I must say that there is not much of an improvement IMHO.

These are pictures with the replacement grips installed.

grip01.jpg grip02.jpg grip03.jpg

The buttom part of the grip looks like before and could be the a lot cleaner. The upper end left side grip has still an edge (as before). The right side grip fits a bit better on the upside end but it has nasty air bubble that wasn't here on the original grip.

All in all I am disappointed in this replacement and this is certainly not worth $100.

I will write to HCG (and Mune) about this. If they refund my $100 and let me keep the original grips for free that's OK otherwise they should make a better batch of grips and send those instead.

This replacement is certainly not a quality job. For a $50 knock off toy this might be OK but for a $1000 replica I would expect better quality control.

Last edited:
Received my replacement grips 4 days after they HCG received the grips I sent back. Very quick turn around once the ball was rolling. The new grips look great. nice and flush with the frame. HCG came through.

I received my replacement grip. I asked them to inspect edges etc. before the shipping. And this is what they sent me: Same crap! I'm fuuuu angry as hell ! I compared it with my cheap kit blaster. Kit blaster grip is perfect! I won't accept this.
IMG_0221.jpgIMG_0218.jpgIMG_0217-2.jpgIMG_0219.jpgIMG_0217.jpgIMG_0220.jpg

Last edited:
I fell your pain Dredd2015, I got my replacements awhile back. In some spots they were okay, but still have a gap between the buttplate and grip. Very much like what you’ve shown in your pictures. You’re not alone

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already complained to HCG about the poor quality of the replacement grips (they are actually worse than the original grips).

This is another replacement that HCG is offering.

Grip_set_1_01b.jpg

No improvement here.
Moviefreak

What is going on? Doesn't HCG check what Tomen is sending you as replacements?

Last edited by a moderator:
then HCG just might end up having you return the gun for a full refund and then you don’t have to deal with it anymore. The gun would just have to be in perfect, unaltered condition (besides the grip flaws) for a return.

Mine is in perfect, unaltered condition because it spent 6 months in the box! I don't blame HCG but I am pissed at Tomenosuke.
They start to cut corners because they got the official license. Now they produce thousand of blasters and attention to details is gone.
What next ? Another 6 months of silence ?

Pretty sure I was included in that first batch. It’s a bummer but I’m w/ most about the blame being on Tomenosuke, not necessarily HGC.

mine are slightly better than before so I’ll probably end up keeping them. However, it is a disappointment Tomenosukes quality/quality control has declined in recent.

If Tomenosuke can't resolve it I return this thing for a full refund. I can't even display it because that crappy grip bothers me.

I agree on the grips. I just received my Tomenosuke 2049 blaster from HCG and my grips are rough around the edges. My upper receiver is a bit loose as well. Is there a way to tighten it?

I agree on the grips. I just received my Tomenosuke 2049 blaster from HCG and my grips are rough around the edges. My upper receiver is a bit loose as well. Is there a way to tighten it?

The loose bolt action is intentional AFAIK. I think others have “tightened” it with spacers of one kind or another, but do a thread search and see what you can come up with.

The loose bolt action is intentional AFAIK. I think others have “tightened” it with spacers of one kind or another, but do a thread search and see what you can come up with.

The bolt on the screen-used blaster is so loose it flaps around and this is possibly the reason the bolt on the Tomen is slightly loose.
That said it has to be tightened IMO

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back