Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

Ha. Well, what's the verdict then? :confused

OMG so what's the verdict:facepalm

Positive.
I'm not an expert on this subject so it's possible that the upper edges (top edges of the grips, the ones that were too small before) might be slightly too full but again, having never seen how this is SUPPOSED to look I'm not sure. It might be exactly right.
The colour is identical.
The bottom edges are perfect.

Oh, and I no longer have the long scratch on one grip that came from the 'factory'!

Here you go:

20180709_185559.jpg

I hate to say it, but I don't think these replacement grips are going to cut it for at least some of us. I received two sets today and both had issues (rough edges that weren't present on the too-small original grips; air bubbles; roughly finished screw wells.) I unfortunately don't have a ton of time at the moment to give everyone the full narrative here, but once I've coordinated with the other RPF member whose blaster I'm working on, I'll be getting in touch with HCG about another remedy, and once that's sorted, I'll let everyone know how it goes. If you've got issues with your replacement grips, don't be shy about sharing here.

I didn’t even respond yet to The Mail I got from Tomenosuke, been to busy with work and what have you...simply forgot :p

Now reading the somewhat mixed reviews on the topic makes me wonder if it’s even worth it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I hate to say it, but I don't think these replacement grips are going to cut it for at least some of us. I received two sets today and both had issues (rough edges that weren't present on the too-small original grips; air bubbles; roughly finished screw wells.) I unfortunately don't have a ton of time at the moment to give everyone the full narrative here, but once I've coordinated with the other RPF member whose blaster I'm working on, I'll be getting in touch with HCG about another remedy, and once that's sorted, I'll let everyone know how it goes. If you've got issues with your replacement grips, don't be shy about sharing here.

Whilst my fit seems OK I do have an irritating area of damage on the inside face of the left grip. Just left of the upper screw hole is a 5mm area of abrasion on the resin (?) surface resulting in a white scuff and it's clearly visible with the grip installed from the other side. I used the remains of my old grips to try and recreate the damage (it's abrasion not moulding) and the force required is huge. God only knows how the manufacturer managed to do it but it's another example of Tomenosuke's dire quality control. I'm going to experiment with solutions to disguise it tonight because I really can't go through another replacement ordeal (international order). It's not a huge blemish but IT SHOULDN'T BE THERE. I'll never purchase another Tomenosuke product, that's for sure!

Whilst my fit seems OK I do have an irritating area of damage on the inside face of the left grip... I really can't go through another replacement ordeal (international order). It's not a huge blemish but IT SHOULDN'T BE THERE.!

I just emailed HCG about the issues I saw, and I'd encourage you to do the same (and post a photo here, if you can.) I know you don't want to deal with this any more, but we all obviously want a proper resolution to the matter.

I just emailed HCG about the issues I saw, and I'd encourage you to do the same (and post a photo here, if you can.) I know you don't want to deal with this any more, but we all obviously want a proper resolution to the matter.

I read this after coming home from work and doing a fix on the issue. Luckily for me the 'scuff' sat over a part of the black metal frame so a small dab with a black sharpie was enough to mostly completely obscure the white(ish) scuff mark. The ink coloured the damaged area and from the other side, when mounted, you've got to look quite hard in good light to see it. That gives me the problem that I can no longer photograph the damage because it's barely visible.
Apart from that my grips are acceptable but it's infuriating that other people have bigger issues again! HCG read this thread so they'll certainly be aware of the discontent.
I find it odd that no one with recently acquired new blasters has a grip issue but the replacements we got have anomalies.

EDIT: And mailed HCG.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back