Rick Grimes aka Andrew Lincoln leaving the Walking Dead

All filler (no killer)..

They have been on a 'random/filler' episode adventure for the last 2-3 seasons to me..

I hate when a really great story/series becomes popular... because it increases the budget and makes stars out of writers...etc..

Eventually that all leads to the downfall of the brand/franchise. :(

More money to spend on effects (or whatever)... so I dont need to actually think/work on a good story line.

Writers get popular.. and start looking for their 'exit'... or when the show will end, so they are not left in the 'cold'.. (again, not focusing on the story at hand)

TWD, GoT....etc..etc

I remember reading that Robert Kirkman had said he still had tons of ideas for the comics.....but how many of these "ideas" are them finding another group that wants them dead, to finally move on and find another group that wants them dead. Over and over and over.....all the while killing off random walkers.

I remember reading that Robert Kirkman had said he still had tons of ideas for the comics.....but how many of these "ideas" are them finding another group that wants them dead, to finally move on and find another group that wants them dead. Over and over and over.....all the while killing off random walkers.

My problem with the show is that I never cared about any of the characters, I didn't care if they lived or died and by the beginning of season 4, I actively wanted all of them to be walker chow. They were all horrible human beings and if you can't root for humanity to go on in a post apocalyptic series, what's the point?

I gave up on the comics, too, and found that it suffered from similar production issues, in that it gradually felt like less and less story was being used to stretch into more and more pages. Mostly through the use of visually impressive splash pages, but where the story didn't actually move all that much. The comics were great until Negan showed up, at which point it just felt like the whole thing went off the rails.

Neat concept, crappy execution, and one where it NEEDS to end, eventually.

I began to lose interest after the Fear the Hunters storyline finished, and the group got to Alexandra. The amount of characters that Kirkman tried to balance was ridiculous, and he generally failed.

I hung on through All Out War (which seemed to drag on forever) and finally tapped out after the Whisperers storyline. There were too many characters that were dull, the interesting ones with depth had long been killed off. Kirkman's obsession with Negan, the utter repetitiveness of the story, and the lack of any compelling zombie horror in a comic about zombie horror, just did it in for me.

It's so obvious he's keeping it going as a cash cow (And I can't blame him - it's easy money) but I hope Kirkman ends the story soon - He always said he could end it quickly, and he has the ending ready, but he's not had anything interesting to say for a long time, and the wheels are just spinning.

Not really when you consider all the hoopla and speculation when other cast member had left and were seen in L.A. instead of Senoia

Very odd that they would announce this before the series even aired. Cuts out any suspense for the next season...

I'm almost thinking the opposite..

We are NOW expecting a specific outcome.. and 'waiting' for things to be details/shown as going that direction.

Re: Rick:
I mean... they have no moral obligation to Judith anymore I suppose (if its being accepted that Judith id Shanes baby.. which Rick states)..

Although 'birth' father or not.. its the only 'family' she has ever known/had. (but again in this 'day & age'.. many have helped raise her)

SOOOOOOO over Neegan.
Starting not to care to much about Maggie anymore either.. (is she preggers or not?...c'mon show a bump or something).. (roll eyes)

Has a show EVER lasted past a season once its star left? I don't think TWD will last more than a season without Rick. The entire story has run through RIck and his struggle to keep his family alive, and by extension his band of survivors who he has grown to view as family. Without him, it kind of loses its sense of purpose.

I could see them try to merge TWD with FTWD though. Now that Morgan is with FTWD, he could bring that crew back to Alexandria.

It will be interesting to see how they try to do this. I don't know that Daryl is main character material, though he excels in the support role they've stuck him in.
Let's make Carol the main. She's tough and ruthless when she needs to be, but still human under there somewhere.

In the scuffle for power at our hero's compound - Maggie, Daryl, and ***** devise a way to overthrow the "Ricktatership" but didn't plan on killing The Walking Dead's centrally focused character!!!!!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back