VIDEO: FIRST public appearance of Boba Fett (not the white super trooper or Holiday)

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm sure some of you have seen this video before, but it was new to me.

I've seen PICTURES of the San Anselmo County Fair from Sept. 1978 parade with Vader and Fett, but never behind the scenes video from the event. Skip to 2:30 to see for yourself!

So it's a pre-pro costume, as we know, using the small sling gun never used in production.

What is interesting to me is that they have attached his cape in FRONT OF his helmet, across his neck plate.

P.S. Anyone know who the women in green is, next to Vader? Someone from Lucasfilm?

P.S.S. I never knew that Fett was in an Underoos commercial! (6:48). Can anyone identify that suit? It looks like pre-pro, but this would have been after ESB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: VIDEO: FIRST public appearance of Boba Fett (not the white super trooper or Holid

I remember that underoos commercial!
It became a sort of running joke between my sister and I because when the little girl leans on R2 and sticks her butt out, R2 makes a fart noise!

Re: VIDEO: FIRST public appearance of Boba Fett (not the white super trooper or Holid

Wow.....The brain can remember the most obscure things.....like that commercial.

I've seen PICTURES of the San Anselmo County Fair from Sept. 1978 parade with Vader and Fett, but never behind the scenes video from the event. Skip to 2:30 to see for yourself!

And that was a great save from a near trip on the bottom stair for Fett!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back