My 1/72 Bandai PG Falcon take 2...

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So here is my finished Bandai 1/72 Falcon. I posted it with the Bill George photo on the left. The mods I did were the miniatures cockpit instead of the kit's supplied cockpit from Joe C, The engine lighting is my own(will post a pic shortly), The additional damage to the hull, a new stand. The model was airbrushed with Tamiya And Model Master paints to get as close to the original filming miniature as possible.

I'm having to be really careful now with my downloading of online references. A great many of them are turning out to be people's fabulous builds of the PG Falcon. So, I appreciate that you've labelled it!

Your colours look bang on. May I ask for a bit of a rundown of what paints you used and where? I was planning to use MM paints as much as possible too, if I can get decent matches, which you make me think is very doable.

Cheers,

K.

Thanks K!

I did a lot of the painting on the fly...There was no rhyme or reason. I tortured myself with image after image of the real Filming model. I re mixed and remixed with a mad scientist quality!!

Other than saying I used Model Master and Tamiya through an air brush, I couldn't tell you! I also mixed Tamiya AND Model Master paints to get the right colors...I wish I could be of more help!

I'm having to be really careful now with my downloading of online references. A great many of them are turning out to be people's fabulous builds of the PG Falcon. So, I appreciate that you've labelled it!

Your colours look bang on. May I ask for a bit of a rundown of what paints you used and where? I was planning to use MM paints as much as possible too, if I can get decent matches, which you make me think is very doable.

Cheers,

K.

To me the studio picture almost looks like it has a greenish wash over parts of the back. Is that how it really looks?

Thanks K!

I did a lot of the painting on the fly...There was no rhyme or reason. I tortured myself with image after image of the real Filming model. I re mixed and remixed with a mad scientist quality!!

Other than saying I used Model Master and Tamiya through an air brush, I couldn't tell you! I also mixed Tamiya AND Model Master paints to get the right colors...I wish I could be of more help!

I guess this is what I'll have to do, too! (Next winter, that is)

What are you using for airbrush thinner? Isopropyl alcohol is too "hot" even when cut 1:3 with water. I was painting a grey panel and the AS-20 Insignia White cracked like dry mud. I had to wet sand and reprime that area.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back