Re: FALCON 32" hunk of junk build

Hey Order 65 that pic above with BRE on it isnt the studio modle, looks like an MR based on the grill pattern in the round vent, that scorpion tank it sits on looks cast as well as the hole in it looks solid with no under cuts. There aren't any pics of this area of the 32" at this rez that I have ever found so I was very excited at first! haha

- - - Updated - - -

That paint job on it looks great though!

- - - Updated - - -

olh also that bulldog tank part on the far left that sits on the little POW vent looking part is a dead giveaway as well..

It does look like there could be something written there though...
sig.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like BRE to me, great find!

Bre.jpg

Thanks! I was pretty exited about Scott Marshall too. That damn inner airlock will be the death of me though.

Also, are you sure my closeup of the BRE-LOR isn't the real model? I'm pretty sure this a pic from the original model though... "LOR - BRE" ref #2.JPG

Last edited:

I see what you mean about the grill. I guess it is the MR Falcon for that reference. Maybe it isn' LOR after all. It almost looks like it's BRE - JAY or something... What do you think?

Hey Jordan ,
Some really lovely photos you've been sharing mate . Those last two #1129 , are good examples of how lighting really does affect how an image / colours are seen ( top one -warm & bottom one - cooler ) , at least to my eyes .
p.s. Almost forgotten how super your hold interior looked ! ,... you're still replacing the ' lost ' ( damn photobucket ) :angry , images from the beginning of this brilliant thread right !?

Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Ah the hold. That bring s back memories :) Still gotta do the finishing touches to mine.

Did you glue the open hatch plates in place ?
Don't think I've seen that final version of the pits. What did you end up using for the pipes ? Or come to think of it, you went for a Shapeways pit I believe....

Thanks Ged n Portaler,
l just used natural lighting that day, I will be re attaching the photo links when l can, I just counted page 1 and theirs 40+ on that page alone!!! So frack knows how many I've to do! Gulp!

Yes l glued the pit parts in, happy to know they'll not rattle about. I used bits of metal rods (from toy RC helicopter parts and cotton bud sticks) for the pipes. Yes Shapeways single pit.

Thanks, I've got some amazing ways to show anyone that's interested how to cover the horrible joins on the back bottom light engines areas with style and design that suits perfectly to the Falcon... for no more that £20 & little efforts. The back engine inner slides are basically bare from any photographs available on the original and if you want that studio look that's fine. Yes it looks a bit bare on ours, with join lines etc but lm liking a bit more.

I've a cool extra that I'll show you if your wanting it more detailed parts cheaper than shapeways overpriced work & more authentic to the Falcon!!.

Last edited:
Thanks, I've got some amazing ways to show anyone that's interested how to cover the horrible joins on the back bottom light engines areas with style and design that suits perfectly to the Falcon... for no more that £20 & little efforts. The back engine inner slides are basically bare from any photographs available on the original and if you want that studio look that's fine. Yes it looks a bit bare on ours, with join lines etc but lm liking a bit more.

I've a cool extra that I'll show you if your wanting it more detailed parts cheaper than shapeways overpriced work & more authentic to the Falcon!!.

Yes!! Please!!
Those panels have been bugging me for months...
Can't seem to come up with a good solution myself, so would love to see what you've done...

Thanks! I was pretty exited about Scott Marshall too. That damn inner airlock will be the death of me though.

Also, are you sure my closeup of the BRE-LOR isn't the real model? I'm pretty sure this a pic from the original model though... View attachment 750956

This pic is the studio scale model for sure, but that one close up you can see the difference in some of the kit pieces and grill in particular.

- - - Updated - - -

Great pic there btw, I don't see many of this area!

Nicely spotted, think we all need to be a little Sherlock on signature finds. Update . . . Near finished the hyperdrive panelling, will be showing it when finished then a few shots on 'how too'.

As promised the interesting way to give the inner Hyperdrive plate area more detail with a repeat of the actuators from issue 99...remember tho these are just an added feature to compliment the design and cover those awful joins/number markings, the original studio model was quite bare.

VgPjS8ql.jpg

TxujCGyl.jpg

e6nDJJwl.jpg

Heres what l did . . .

l just cut them and sanded to lay them flat, l was toying with weathering them but thought the area was best left cleaner as the inner hyper to me would look more logically clean with its light engine blast, light and shadow do the rest, a lot easier too!. I still may drybrush a tad later.

WbXJAI1l.jpg

l also had some leftover parts from a double issue 7 that l added over the sides and center parts (GREEN) to show those who want to cover the inprinted numbers. (it's just as easy to use plastic card) but for perfect colour match and l had the parts I kit bashed, yes could step-repeat but liked it cleaner, less is more syndrome:). Also l found worked better with the central top amazing details.

LYkiMIdl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back