Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I won't be buying the these but, although inaccurate, I'd love a stand. I wonder if theyd sell that like the extra box I bought with the v3?

I won't be buying the these but, although inaccurate, I'd love a stand. I wonder if theyd sell that like the extra box I bought with the v3?

I need to get the MAG stand I was working on done and dusted now I have a good, reliable laser cutter.

I can make more of these if anyone wants a quality base. I am not impressed with their Chinese version, looks super thin and fragile.

Attachments

• IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2186.JPG
    IMG_2186.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2187.JPG
    IMG_2187.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 126
I can make more of these if anyone wants a quality base. I am not impressed with their Chinese version, looks super thin and fragile.

Agreed. Is that even 3mm thick?

What I want to do with my version is turn the plate 90 degrees so it is behind the shoes. That way you can read NIKE MAG THE FUTURE IS NOW regardless of the angle. I am also thinking about keyholes for wall mounting.

Agreed. Is that even 3mm thick?

What I want to do with my version is turn the plate 90 degrees so it is behind the shoes. That way you can read NIKE MAG THE FUTURE IS NOW regardless of the angle. I am also thinking about keyholes for wall mounting.

Yea, I am pretty sure the Chinese version is about 3mm. I used 6mm for all parts of mine, and those look to be about half as thick as mine.

Looks great. Is that your pair where you replaced the sole with your blue-tint casts? Looks better than factory soles. What brand of glue did you use to attach it?

Yea, I am pretty sure the Chinese version is about 3mm. I used 6mm for all parts of mine, and those look to be about half as thick as mine.

I've got 4.5mm on hand in clear now, so might use that for the prototype. Need to get this Tube Bag done too.

- - - Updated - - -

Member @SETFREE texted me that his Powerlace V4 right shoe has died already. Supposedly they are sending him a new shoe and when he gets it, he will let me open the dead shoe up and try and fix it. Can’t wait.

Damn. How long has he had them? Did he try to wear them?
Yeah I look forward to seeing you play doctor with these.

Yes, this is one of the earlier pairs I swapped. This pair I used Masters clear.

Did you just glue these on or have you used vacuum bagging? For everyone else, vacuum bagging is not the same level of suction as degassing, but rather it uses the bag as a membrane instead of clamps. With clamps, the best bond is the pressure points. With vacuum bagging, the whole inner surface of the bag is the pressure point.

I attempted vacuuming bagging with some V2s but the seal kept leaking. The idea of the bag applying equal pressure all over the shoe (especially the sole for the gluing process) intrigued me. Shame I could not get it to work. Maybe quicker set up time on the glue and it might have worked.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back