Salzo V5 X-Wing pattern work

I have a pic of the V3 wing blocks from the excellent instruction manual written by dtssyst. I imagine the V5 blocks will be similar.

97634F16-931C-4051-860C-21E4923C8EE6.jpeg

Last edited:
Extremely helpful, thank you.
So I take it that if one decides to go with the Reader armature, then the armature is used in lieu of these resin blocks? The wings themselves out of box will be the same either way?
Seems the logical approach.
Thanks for any insight.

I have a pic of the V3 wing blocks from the excellent instruction manual written by ddysyst. I imagine the V5 blocks will be similar.

View attachment 772390

Indeed, Mike offers both versions but when I asked him for a reason to choose one over the other I did not get a response back. Are there bulkheads inside of the fuselage that the rod passes through for added stability? Could somebody explain the reasoning behind the nose mount option and why anyone outside of ILM would want to mount that way?
Thanks in advance to anyone with insight to share.
View attachment 772085

Does anyone have a link to where I can order these armatures? Mike said they were $100 each but the only site I found was one that listed them for $125 for the long versions and no listing at all for the short version. :/

Does anyone have a link to where I can order these armatures? Mike said they were $100 each but the only site I found was one that listed them for $125 for the long versions and no listing at all for the short version. :/

I emailed him via the modeler magic website. There is a "contact artist" link that will open an email. Just google Mike Reader x-wing armature.

They are $115 for the short and $125 for the long. He replied to me that he was going to be doing a run around Christmas. Email him and he will put you on the list.

Last edited:
I emailed him via the modeler magic website. Just google Mike Reader x-wing armature.

They are $115 for the short and $125 for the long. He replied to me that he was going to be doing a run around Christmas. Email him and he will put you on the list.

Thanks!

I got added to the list for the metal armatures. So how exactly are the wings attached to the armatures? Can they be attached last to make it easier to paint the main body without the wings being in the way?

I got added to the list for the metal armatures. So how exactly are the wings attached to the armatures? Can they be attached last to make it easier to paint the main body without the wings being in the way?
The wings will glue/screw to the armature. The angle brackets will unscrew from the mechanism for painting.

- - - Updated - - -

Where can we find the instructions?
Thanks!

The instructions I have are for the V3. Totally different from the V5. They were written by dtssyst, and are posted somewhere on the site .

The wings will glue/screw to the armature. The angle brackets will unscrew from the mechanism for painting.

Once the wings are in place I can't see how a screwdriver can fit in to screw the brackets in place. is there any images/videos/instructions anywhere you can point me to? Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back