Building the BR Voight Kampf Machine - Completed for molding - 8/8/12

I know that I sound like a broken record when I say: this prop is way more difficult than it seems at first glance.
The amount of complexities on that one can be a serious head scratcher. Everything has to come together at once and that's where this prop is a bitch to do:behave

But it's true :cry:wacko

Yep, as Birdie said: "It's a Man's Job";) LearnByMaking is making, as we speak, a workable V.K. machine ! Servos, light bars, screens and other crazy things too numerous to list at Propsummit, as well as another member (helped by your truly). I know that I sound like a broken record when I say: this prop is way more difficult than it seems at first glance.
The amount of complexities on that one can be a serious head scratcher. Everything has to come together at once and that's where this prop is a bitch to do:behave Just ask Mike Fink, Mark Stetson, or others who had just 3 days to build it!

Hmmm... I have worked with Mark and Nick on several projects over the years. Both didn't have much to say about it - in a positive light. Nick refuses to talk about it all together. This has always been a prop I have been very interested in. A shame some guy sat on the parts and never made good molds. Wished I had that opportunity. Molds aren't something I am afraid of, having made piles of them. You just need to sit with the pattern and run it in your head. Then get up off your butt and do it. Granted the servos and monitors are a bit of a trick... I've got a lot on my plate right now but if someone wants to try and advance the ball on one of these, let me know and I can help where I can.
Cheers!

circa 1964...thanks for the proposition; I wrote to Mike Fink (with pics of my V.K.)...besides saying that my prop was pretty good (his words) he reiterated that this prop was a 3 day rush job because the first prop didn't satisfied Ridley's needs. Then again, the new V.K. wasn't working well either. Screens were not working, only the arm/eye movements, the light bars, the buttons as well as the bellows.

To see it transformed one last time during the U.K. pick-up shots (the screens used in the U.S. were NTSC, while U.K. uses SECAM) because the main screen was too big (new top was made, front V.K. logo was lost, additional platform was put under the bellows, etc) was too much to take after the race to come-up with a working prop. Stephen Dane (via Vevo video), Tom Southwell and, to a certain extend, Mike Fink gave us infos about the prop. Art Shipee doesn't want to talk to fans in general and that avenue is closed to us fans. Mark Stetson "could" shed some light on it, especially that a bunch of blueprints of the prop are on sale at the Prop Store...problem is: there not 1:1 scale.

Any additional info would be welcome circa 1964:)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back