Last Minute Roman

Il Princerino

Sr Member
Greetings fellow RPFers! So about a week before our local Renfest, my wife decides that we should dress up with the weekend theme. Normally I just go in my kilt and call it good, but apparently that was not to be this year. So I do a little hasty research and this is what I came up with. Now I had some armour for display That I thought could do for a costume but, I needed something to put under it.
subarmalis.jpg.

So I hit up the local Joanns and get some light weight red cotton(it's hot here in Texas) and some faux leather. and I stayed up until 2am the night before the Faire slaping this together. Given the time constraints I think it turned out pretty good.

025.jpg004.jpg
And here it is all together005.png
Cape , Tunic, Subarmalis and ,to an extent, the sandals are all made by me. I took some moccasins and butchered them to make ghillies for my highlander garb that I normally wear, but I figured that they were close enough to roman sandals to work for now. I'll revisit this with some more period accurate additions and replacements, but as I said, this was some last minute slap together and I'm pretty happy with it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back