PropShop announces TFA Props!

do we know which size is the most accurate? I picked up the official light-up repro at Disneyland's Launch Bay store last week at it was monstrously oversized.

The Disney Store saber is very very close. The upper section is isn't quite tall enough and of course the upper emitter is bigger to accommodate the plastic blade, but the diameters of each section are almost spot-on as far as I can tell. I posted this pic comparison several pages back that show this (click on the link in the quote below to see the comparison):

Ok, based on my measurements of the Disney Store hilt, and the measurements by the Pawn of his hilt, here's a 1:1 comparison of Disney Store plastic hilt (LEFT) to propshop's accurate replica (RIGHT):

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums... PS comparisonSMALL_zps1bo7cihg.jpg~original

Here are some comparison notes:
• The Disney Store hilt has the same diameter/thickness lower section, mid-section, and upper section as the propshop hilt
• The Disney Store hilt has an overall length of 11", while the propshop hilt is 11.5" (the extra length of the propshop hilt is due to the taller upper section)
• While the Disney Store side emitter diameters are virtually the same, the Disney Store's are shorter in length, spaning 5.25", while the propshop emitters span 6" across
• The Disney Store's upper emitter is obviously larger in diameter than the propshop emitter in order to accommodate a plastic blade

Hope this was of interest. I will be using the above observations and measurements to complete my hardware build of the KR saber hilt.

Hopefully someone will make a new one in proper scale

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman for posting those pics. Thanks much!

Last edited:
Wow..the metalsaber is so much undersized?:eek
the Pawn:Nice pics.Thanks for that.
What is with the FX saber from Hasbro?Could you make some pics like this with the Hasbro FX and the Disneysaber also?I have them both and wanna see how they look next to the real one.Please,Please,Please.:$:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, I see this all broke around the 18th.
I was looking back, working on my real armour not Trooper armour, looking to the future..well, now it's old news.....
Yeah, how did I miss this Duh.

Haha! I appreciate the support, but it truly was a dumb quesiton.

Ok, basically I asked if one of the owners could tell me where to find the serial number / edition number on the lightsabers. I had been under the impression that you could only read that off the RFID chip, because I've left my paperwork sealed on mine, and apparently I hadn't watched one of the many unboxings on YouTube or bothered to read the entire FAQ on the PropShop site.

There's some stupid even Google can't fix lol
no such thing! don't ever feel like that, plus i'm the one around here asking all stupid questions!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question to all, who already got their refund. Did you order through the Star Wars / Disney page or through PropShop directly or at Star Wars Celebration?
Two friends of mine purchased at Star Wars Celebration and called Disney. Disney said they didnt have any kind of information about a purchase, nor their name on the buyers list, so they won't get their refund from Disney. :(

Haha! I appreciate the support, but it truly was a dumb quesiton.

Ok, basically I asked if one of the owners could tell me where to find the serial number / edition number on the lightsabers. I had been under the impression that you could only read that off the RFID chip, because I've left my paperwork sealed on mine, and apparently I hadn't watched one of the many unboxings on YouTube or bothered to read the entire FAQ on the PropShop site.

There's some stupid even Google can't fix lol

your a-ok in my book!! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back