Looking for parts; my first Vader reveal helmet build.

TazVader

Sr Member
Well the title says it all. I am taking the journey down a dark but interesting path. I assume this build will take me many years. So parts I have atm;

None.

Parts needed;

Lots!!!!

So if anyone has any resin,metal or good leads on where to find epleas post or pm me.

Cheers
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Replied to your PM ... I too wish more parts would become readily available ... I've heard that Claudio Oliver from custom-props made a full ROTJ costume with reveal mask for himself and won a costum contest at SWC Orlando ... and made several metal parts ... but I haven't contacted him about those yet ... since my Reveal is on the backburner for now perhaps you could send him a message? I'll send you another PM :)

Chaim

Chaim,

Already have good buddy. The heads up is appreciated.

I should be receiving my first few parts in the coming weeks. Still unsure what do do for a donor mask. In not considering a done at the stage:)

Cheers
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really lovely of u mate. Thanks.
I didn't know you had more than one lol it's rarely my first port of call to raid another's collection either. I always feel rude asking to purchase something I covet... You rotter[emoji12] there's nothing to say I can build one and buy another either[emoji13]

Regards
T
A
Z

Replied to your PM ... I too wish more parts would become readily available ... I've heard that Claudio Oliver from custom-props made a full ROTJ costume with reveal mask for himself and won a costum contest at SWC Orlando ... and made several metal parts ... but I haven't contacted him about those yet ... since my Reveal is on the backburner for now perhaps you could send him a message? I'll send you another PM :)

Chaim

Are you talking about this mask?

24859860fc.jpg

24859891px.jpg

24859872qc.jpg

24859878kg.jpg

24859930dn.jpg

24859884yi.jpg

Yep that's custom props so I guess that's Claudio's personal mask (?) ... never checked for pictures yet ... looks nice to me. What do you think Kroenen77 ... you're an expert :)

Chaim

Sym-Cha:
That is a very raw cast that is cutted a half very raw also.
Look at the bars in mouthsection and the grooves on the nose.
The parts are looking like a mix of portumac and custom parts.But only a few are looking really accurate.
The grids are all wrong.
The grey color looks great to me.
Thats what I can see on the first view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally check the thread and see an awesome reveal out of my grasp lol Typical...when I'm travelling and just have my mobile lol it's a beautiful piece Scott. In particuliar I like the bust. Now 'that' is Vader as far as I'm concerned.

Regards
T
A
Z

Those are Glenross Dental Expansion screws. They're actually more of an orthodontic thing than straight dentistry and are about the hardest thing to find in all of Star Wars prop building found part collecting. To make matters worse, there is more than one size of them.

Lol bummer. So I guess we have to make do with resin or plated casts? I'd have a crack at making pewter ones if I manage to get a decent resin cast of each size. Then I can have them brass plated:) Anyone have any spare resin or cast one I'd be allowed to use??

Regards
T
A
Z

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back