The Graflex Legacy Builds - Office Set Up!

Re: The Graflex Legacy Builds (ANH, ESB, TFA, and ROTS COMPLETE)

I made this saber rack out of a slab of oak, a closet tie organizer, and some other miscellaneous hardware pieces. The materials to make 2 racks (8 sabers) cost about $30. It was a total blast to make. I still plan on weathering it a bit, but I've got to make another 2 racks yet (for a total of 4!) so that the weathering is uniform among them.
View attachment 599209

I think I've seen you post this previously. I love this display.

Wow, that turned out pretty dang good Jax!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed this would have been a more subtle lightsaber going from III to IV yet build on a vintage flash instead of that custom 'designed' lightsaber for Anakin Skywalker and approved by GL :wacko

Chaim

Indeed this would have been a more subtle lightsaber going from III to IV yet build on a vintage flash instead of that custom 'designed' lightsaber for Anakin Skywalker and approved by GL :wacko

Chaim

I agree. The completely chromed out look with the odd looking custom clamp that they threw on there just never made sense to me. GL has approved some things that I really love, but then there's things like Anakin's saber from ROTS that I just could never forgive him for.

Wow, that turned out pretty dang good Jax!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! It's been a fun ride, I'm really happy with all how this whole build came along.

I just make my kid stand and hold them for hours on end when we have company.

This is perfect :cool

I made this saber rack out of a slab of oak, a closet tie organizer, and some other miscellaneous hardware pieces. The materials to make 2 racks (8 sabers) cost about $30. It was a total blast to make. I still plan on weathering it a bit, but I've got to make another 2 racks yet (for a total of 4!) so that the weathering is uniform among them.
View attachment 599209

I've seen you post that somewhere before. I like the idea of displaying my sabers on my wall, but I'm not sure how I want to go about it. I'm really indecisive about things like this!! One minute I'll hate it, the next I love it...

It was probably because they couldn't copyright the dimensions of the graflex so they altered it slightly, because money

It was probably because they couldn't copyright the dimensions of the graflex so they altered it slightly, because money

That, and a different style saber means different toy, which means kids now need ALL of the sabers, so now they had a reason for Mom and Dad to buy more things for their kids, which equals boat loads of cash for Lucas. :p

You did a great job! One thing, on the TFA saber it's become clear that the screen used one doesn't have grips that reach the bottom or top, they are more similar in length to the ROTS saber.

Graflex doesn't exist as a company anymore. If copyright was an issue it may have come up for ANH and ESB-- or for TFA.

I think it had more to do with the fact that the sabers in the PT were all scratch built and balanced for the purposes of their over the top duels. Why they didn't use the Graflex for the hero and switch out to a stunt model for the duels I don't know.

Re: The Graflex Legacy Builds (ANH, ESB, TFA, Blade Plugs and MORE!)

This may be a silly noob question, but how do I go about getting the d-ring/pommell to line up correctly on my graflex 2.0? Seems like every which way I start threading the pommel or grip section, I can't get things to line up nicely, as in the blueprint...

The Graflex Legacy Builds (ANH, ESB, TFA, and ROTS COMPLETE)

This may be a silly noob question, but how do I go about getting the d-ring/pommell to line up correctly on my graflex 2.0? Seems like every which way I start threading the pommel or grip section, I can't get things to line up nicely, as in the blueprint...

I think this will help you out.

https://youtu.be/ouibhgvymIA

Sorry to jack your thread Jax.

Last edited:

You did a great job! One thing, on the TFA saber it's become clear that the screen used one doesn't have grips that reach the bottom or top, they are more similar in length to the ROTS saber.

Yeah I spotted that, but I was maybe being a teeny bit lazy about having to shorten the grips :p

I think this will help you out.

https://youtu.be/ouibhgvymIA

Sorry to jack your thread Jax.

It's all good!

Thanks! I've been working on some small DL 44 projects and such lately, so I haven't gotten around to making any stands for it. Plus I'm waiting for another LED to come in, so the waiting game is being played currently :p

It's been a while since I've posted here, but it's nice to say that the wait is finally over. For the first time ever, the Graflex Legacy collection is all in one place!

Finally! I've been waiting for this day for a long time (Kylo Ren quote unintentional), and it's finally here. I can't wait to make a nice little display for these guys, and showing them off in my place for once. Hopefully they don't release another version of the Graflex so that I don't have to get another :p Hunting down four of them is bad enough

Re: The Graflex Legacy Builds - Color Testing

So as some of you may have seen, I've been experimenting with different color films and white LED string blades, and I decided to test them out in my Graflex TFA :)

Here's the standard white LED blade

Here's the green film, which is one of my favorites for a Graflex for some reason :p

And then the yellow

I'll be looking at getting more colors soon, and also re doing the blade with even brighter LED's!

Thanks guys!

Hey guys, more color testing today!

I recently got a Blue/Blue/White Tri-Cree LED from TCSS, and it looks marvelous. I decided that I would wire all 3 of the LEDs in parallel and not use the white for FOC. I don't particularly care much for FOC, so getting a brighter blade by using all of the LEDs at the same time seemed more beneficial to what I was going for. The color that I got from it was a very light blue, which is more of a ANH/ESB colored blade. I would say it matches pretty well!

I really like it. It's definitely a nicer touch to the Graflex than a dark blue blade. I think that's kind of what threw me off from TFA, was how dark of a blue the Graflex blade was in the fight scenes. That, and the fact that they changed the sound to be a much deeper hum and activation, which I honestly didn't like at all.

Anyways, that's all for now. Thanks guys!

That looks really accurate to me. BTW, I have the same wire cutter/ pliers kit :)

It's a good little buy, has a lot of tools for the price!

Small update:

Just like my Vader Reveal WIP, I've gone ahead and made a small video showing the activation of my TFA Graflex using my custom blade plug and this new LED.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back