The Graflex Legacy Builds - Office Set Up!

Re: The Graflex Legacy Builds (ANH, ESB, TFA, Blade Plugs, Belts and MORE!)

Dude, love the barracks pics! I use to paint guitars in my closet when in the barracks... Also that belt is out of regs devil dog! Lol jus kiddin

Looking great man! I think I'll have to try to get you to make my belt! ;)

That V2 looks right at home on that belt, great job buddy :D

Dude, love the barracks pics! I use to paint guitars in my closet when in the barracks... Also that belt is out of regs devil dog! Lol jus kiddin

I've got so many things in this barracks room that I'm pretty sure my command would question!

Hey guys quick question, does anyone have specs on the ESB Luke Holster for his DL 44? That's the next project that I'm probably going to be taking on in the world of leather

IT HAS BEEN DONE!

I finally acquired a fourth Graflex, which will be converted into a variant of the ROTS Graflex. It's currently in the mail on its way to me, and I can't wait to get it!!

To some it may be, but to me, it's the end of a journey!

I wasn't serious.... I think it's a pretty cool idea. :thumbsup Until a year or two ago, I didn't even know that they were different! (ANH, ESB, ROTS):)

Yeah I gotcha! Sarcasm is hard to convey in these messages :p the rots has just always intrigued me

Alright, so some small updates for me.

I really couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with a crystal chamber. I knew I wanted to experiment wit acid etching, but I wasn't sure how to incorporate it into my build. I also had no idea how I wanted to design the reveal area of the crystal. So I was drawing all sorts of things in my sketchbook and finally came up with a more or less finalized conceptual idea that I will probably render to make sure it all fits.

I knew that I wanted to include a PLI (power level indicator) for some added greeblie-ness and give it that more future technology look rather than being a primitive tubing and gear parts that a lot of people use. It looks great, but for some reason it never felt super high tech to me, so I needed to add my own touch.

In other news, the blade plugs are coming along great! I really can't wait for these to be done and to fully assemble my saber.

Soon I will have more leather for my belt side projects, which include some pouches and holsters for DL 44's.

Thanks guys!

The Graflex Legacy Builds (ANH, ESB, TFA, Blade Plugs, Belts and MORE!)

Been enjoying the build log. Looking forward to reading your updates especially if they include pictures of a completed ESB belt with your ESB Graflex on one side and a DL-44 on the other. [emoji106]

Thanks! I've been trying to collect all of the parts for a Luke DL 44 but haven't exactly gotten around to it. :p

I had to read this thread to learn what a bladeplug is used on a Graflex - now i know. :$

Electronic mods are not my saber range, but nonetheless nice work. :thumbsup

I had to read this thread to learn what a bladeplug is used on a Graflex - now i know. :$

Electronic mods are not my saber range, but nonetheless nice work. :thumbsup

I generally don't deal with too many electronics in my build, but I knew I wanted at least one "functional" Graflex build :p

Alright! It's here! I picked up another replica Graflex, and I couldn't be happier that it arrived today!

DSC_0068_zpslhlcq7oc.jpg

So having the day off, I got to work immediately! It had a lot of extra things with it, including a little gold colored button that I was going to put to great use! I filed it down to fit inside of the Graflex 2.0 Glass Eye. This is what I ended up with

DSC_0069_zpsjhts71o7.jpg

Also, sorry about some of the build photos not being as good quality. The lighting in this room is just... awful is the most appropriate word I can think of for this forum.

Anyways, I worked on converting the red button into a gold one as well!

DSC_0085_zpssrbtyno5.jpg

Simple repaints, but I like it!

I started cutting up some of the Mylar Tape I had, and fitting it onto my new clamp. It looks perfect, thanks to SethS for finding this stuff on a fishing store website!

DSC_0078_zpsxu7vlur2.jpg

I took apart the lever and also did an overhaul on it with some gold paint as well to match the rest of the accented items. Here they are all together!

DSC_0080_zpsugjtunus.jpg

Put it all together, it looks pretty good for a PT Graflex! Better than that weird excuse for a lever they came up with for ROTS. I never like it at all!

DSC_0082_zpsep1kfvd6.jpg

Again, this lighting is killing my photos :(

Now, I had these rubber grips from an unknown source. I got them back in December, and the seller didn't know who made them, possibly Blast Tech, but no way to know for sure. I didn't use them for anything, since I was set on using Roy's for my projects then. Now I had them here, and I thought that I would use them for the ROTS conversion, since they best fit the look of the saber. I used a couple of reference images and then Master Replica's varioius Anakin lightsabers, and these were pretty spot on! Plus I didn't want to waste them. They were also the correct height, leaving a small gap at the bottom and at the top, just like there should be with no modifications what so ever!

DSC_0088_zpsakxicbb5.jpg

Last thing, I installed the Cover Tech knob (even though I don't have a belt clip, so whatever :p) and then it was finished!

Members of The RPF, I present....

(....Drum roll......)

The ROTS Graflex

DSC_0091_zps86115il4.jpg

DSC_0109_zpsrvapl3lx.jpg

DSC_0108_zpsobieytav.jpg

DSC_0110_zpspola1zdz.jpg

It's finally done! I've successfully completed all of the Graflex Variations to ever be held by the (assumed) Skywalker family!

SPOILERS!! HIGHLIGHT ALL THIS LINE TO READ! (I say assumed because we don't know if Rey is a Skywalker or a Kenobi or whatever) SPOILERS! HIGHLIGHT ALL TO READ!

End of spoiler line

Sorry about that guys. Anyways, I just wanted to say a few things here. Thanks to all that helped with this build. Thanks to Mili (Shcrodinger555) who helped me get my first Graflex and has helped plenty of times many of my builds, ever since we were kids. Thanks to SethS for helping find that Mylar Tape. Damn did we all need it! Thanks to Veektohr for the inspiration and competition. Seeing you update your threads always made me want to work on mine! Thanks to Tomm1999 for offering your services with misc. parts! Thanks to Korbanth and Parks for making some awesome Graflex replicas. Thanks to all others who contributed minor or major to these projects, through views and tips and such.

This isn't the end though! I still have some electronics to figure out, once I get my other parts back from our blade plug project! I still have a display and some plaques to make for this Graflex family, and then a nice family photo to show off! That and some more leather work to come!

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Graflex Legacy Builds (ANH, ESB, TFA, and ROTS COMPLETE)

I'm a devout PT hater. The fauxflex always angered me-- but I think you did it justice. Took their design cues and worked into the real thing-- killer job! Once again the RPFers do better than the pros making the movies.

I'm a devout PT hater. The fauxflex always angered me-- but I think you did it justice. Took their design cues and worked into the real thing-- killer job! Once again the RPFers do better than the pros making the movies.

Thanks :$ It's easy to do it right when you have a shining example of what not to do.

I like the real(ish) Graflex approach to the ROTS saber. It definitely makes the design more palatable. Kudos!

Anyone have any good ideas for saber displays? :p I need to show these babies off. I'd rather try and make something but my brain is just not good at coming up with display ideas

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! :)

I like the real(ish) Graflex approach to the ROTS saber. It definitely makes the design more palatable. Kudos!

Anyone have any good ideas for saber displays? :p I need to show these babies off. I'd rather try and make something but my brain is just not good at coming up with display ideas

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! :)

I made this saber rack out of a slab of oak, a closet tie organizer, and some other miscellaneous hardware pieces. The materials to make 2 racks (8 sabers) cost about $30. It was a total blast to make. I still plan on weathering it a bit, but I've got to make another 2 racks yet (for a total of 4!) so that the weathering is uniform among them.
IMAG0349.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back