Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

Here's my Obi collection.

1.Stormpath Padawan

2.Unknown Ep1

3.MR Ep3

4.Parks/Romans Fusion Ep3 to 4

5.Almost All Real but Incorrect parts Ep4 I have a balance pipe but it's the wrong one...shown with Gavidoc/Romans emitter.
Real Grenade, Clamp,Transistors, Calc Bubbles,Parks Gear,Modern AS handwheel with real vintage cap.

6.All accurate though replica parts. Various makers.
This sucker is wired together and screwed together...NO center rod and No spacer under the clamp...

7.Resin shared stunt made by me ;)

8.Resin Ep4 for a costume...made by me.

9.Wooden Ep4 made by Darth Cross...and it IS beautiful!

10.Dollar Store Contest saber made by My son and I.

obis1.jpg

obis2.jpg

I am a newb in here, and have started collecting the Russrep parts one by one as soon as they are being released - constantly and (im)patiently waiting for the next part... :)

So far I have:
- Cone
- Clamp spacer
- Booster
- Transistors
- Bubble strip

Paid for:
- Pommel

Need:
- (black oxidized) Grenade w/ neck+windvane
- Emitter

I would also very much like to get a hold of a replica Graflex clamp out there. Anyone know if/where one can get a hold of one of these WITHOUT the lettering?

I have one built from Roman Empire parts, one with original parts, a cut-away made from Roman Empire parts, and soon one (or 2) with a Serafino booster, a Roman Empire clamp, and Russ's grenade, balance pipe, and handwheel. Also been working on a hilt with Hyperdyne blade w/o a fat neck.

ATL

A little crospost from my weathering thread...

ObiANH_WeatheredBrass05.jpg

Romans handwheel & aluminum Booster, real graflex clamp, Russ's emitter, not sure who made my grenade and windvane, and I machined the spacers that keep it rock solid tight and the emitter nut. I need a more accurate bubblestrip, and on the fence on Transistors... Machine myself or ebay? Not sure yet.

ObiANH_WeatheredBrass06.jpg

Here's mine, made from russreps parts and romans empire handwheel:

http://www.yourprops.com/Obi-Wan-Ke...-Star-Wars--A-New-Hope--1977--prop-35508.html

Note: the correct bubble strap attachment "in between" the clamp spacers and not among them.

Hi Andy,

Are those real TI Exactra 20 calculator bubbles between the graflex clamps? :confused

If so then that's the second set I've seen around with fully round lenses albeit without the slightly icing surface like mine here:

Exactra_04.jpg~original

-Chaim

Last edited:
I am a newb in here, and have started collecting the Russrep parts one by one as soon as they are being released - constantly and (im)patiently waiting for the next part... :)

So far I have:
- Cone
- Clamp spacer
- Booster
- Transistors
- Bubble strip

Paid for:
- Pommel

Need:
- (black oxidized) Grenade w/ neck+windvane
- Emitter

I would also very much like to get a hold of a replica Graflex clamp out there. Anyone know if/where one can get a hold of one of these WITHOUT the lettering?

You can get one of the replica clamps from The Custom Saber Shop... I don't know of any except the ones on the MR/ Hasbros that don't have the word Graflex on them though.... Why do you want one without the word on it?...

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to check that out.

Guess I would just like to build an idealized AFBB version of the OKK ANH saber for starters. Not sure if I'll ever get around to weathering it like I see many of you guys have done.

Just not something I want to do at this point in time, getting all these brand new, crisp (and pricey!) components for the first time. Then again, who knows how I feel about it in a few years? :)

You can get one of the replica clamps from The Custom Saber Shop... I don't know of any except the ones on the MR/ Hasbros that don't have the word Graflex on them though.... Why do you want one without the word on it?...

Hi Tsagabbar,

My second saber (see picture in post #16) had no lettering on the clamp either so there are custom lightsaberbuilders who have made those graflex clamps in the past. BTW this second saber has the same emitter inside attachment as Sporak's 5th lightsaber with Gavidoc/Romans emitter and also a plastic AS handwheel and 2 metal transistors with 2 washers. So I'm getting to learn and know more about it's maker(s).

-Chaim

Last edited:
Hi Tsagabbar,

My second saber (see picture in post #16) had no lettering on the clamp either so there are custom lightsaberbuilders who have made those graflex clamps in the past. BTW this second saber has the same emitter inside attachment as Sporak's 5th lightsaber with Gavidoc/Romans emitter and also a plastic AS handwheel and 2 metal transistors with 2 washers. So I'm getting to learn and know more about it's maker(s).

-Chaim

Hi, very nice pics - thanks for sharing.

May I ask where you got a hold of the letter-free clamp and the washers?

6.All accurate though replica parts. Various makers. This sucker is wired together and screwed together...NO center rod and No spacer under the clamp...

As it should be! I firmly believe there was no threaded rod or "dowel" in the original prop.

Hi, very nice pics - thanks for sharing.

May I ask where you got a hold of the letter-free clamp and the washers?

Your welcome!

That's how I bought it ... already completed... so I do not exactly know the maker.

-Chaim

Last edited:
mine is a bit of a hodge podge saber:

parks emitter (machined the last step of the emitter off)
russ grenade
serafino spacer
replica graflex clamp
un known gear/booster
gavidoc pommel
blast tech bubble strip
russ transistors

im thinking of replacing my parks emitter with a chromed romans empire emitter from the junk yard, does anyone know what is the threading on the romans emitter?

Does anyone here know who made my second lightsaber? :confused

(See post #16 for second bigger picture)

-Chaim

Is the handwheel plastic ? It looks like a modern plastic handwheel, a Parks booster, MR clamp and MR bubble strip (or a GR clamp), Roman grenade and Roman emitter.

More pics would help.

I agree on the handwheel and on it being Roman's grenade but mostly on that more pics/info are needed. It is hard to see.

Parks' "gear" has a U-shaped grooves. Accurate gears (Roman, Serafino, Russrep) have more V-shaped grooves that are rounded on the bottom, two small holes on opposite sides and threaded ends.
Roman has also sold clamps without the lettering.
I find it probable that all three sections in the middle could be from Roman: anodized aluminum gear, clamp, clamp spacer, grenade.

I was leaning towards the emitter being from obee1, but then I read about the detail inside and I now think it is now more likely to be a Gavidoc.

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

Sorry I don't have any more close-ups right now however the grooves on the booster gear are V shapped and rounded on the bottom like you mentioned Darth Lars but I don't see the 2 small holes. Indeed the handwheel is the newer plastic AS one, James. The letterless clamp has a metal lever that looks exactly like the real Graflex Clamplever not the plastic chromed with a semi cirkel underneath which is on my other Obi-Wan ANH.

The emitter has the same inner piece for assembling like the one made by Gavidoc. Did Gavidoc make complete Obi-Wan ANH lightsabers?

The grenade is "painted" in a two color scheme black on the outside and brownish on the innerside and the cut-grooves start from the top (see arrows), just a micron in stead of starting from the second in line.

Obi-Wan03.jpg~original

Thanks sofar,

-Chaim

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

Are those real TI Exactra 20 calculator bubbles between the graflex clamps? :confused

-Chaim

This was suggested from a few members. I can't remember this thread,but it was also Obi-Saber related.
It is rumored that the bubble strap on the Luke ANH is attached in the same way.

I bought my Obi from a member here (name escapes me atm, sorry) a few years ago. It's a "J & E", & that's really all I can tell you about it. Maybe someone else here would have more info. Anyway, here's how I received it:

jeobinew.jpg

After owning it for a few years, I decided to weather it to match (as close as I could get it) the "Tunisia" saber, & here's what I ended up with:

jeobi.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back