New Luke ROTJ v2 3d model comparison and analysis

According to Brandon, the emitter is one piece on the original. On my new run, I plan to make it two pieces to allow for a light up blade option

Thanks Dan! I think I'm just super confused as to what that extra set screw is for, and used the shared stunt as an explanation, seeing as it's nipple fell out :lol

The emitter face/flare looks a bit thick to me, but not by much, even as dented and warped as it is on the prop. It looks maybe a just a mm thicker on the upright overlay.

The last three rings and grenade base, where it meets the clamp/body section, don't look to line up as well as the bottom of the clamp and top of the booster.

The step above the pommel cubes I think could just be a smidge taller. On the prop, it looks like it actually runs under the mystery chunk rather than sat parallel to it. Either that or the space is a bit tall.

Last edited:
Looks stellar! I wanted to ask, of it got slipped over, if the nipple was the same part as the emitter?

Are you talking about specifically the smallest center part within the emitter? The center portion is a piece of cut rod. Easy to see in a lot of photos. Dan might be talking about the part around it (with the hole in it) which is one piece.

ScreenShot1.jpg

Are you talking about specifically the smallest center part within the emitter? The center portion is a piece of cut rod. Easy to see in a lot of photos. Dan might be talking about the part around it (with the hole in it) which is one piece.

View attachment 775441

Might just be duplicate screws to hold the center rod.

I was actually talking about the cylinder, on the shared stunt it's fallen out and the hole left over was it's socket. Thanks again for answering Dan :)

Depending on how many people were interested, I could probably do emitters for $30-$40

This is actually one fitted to a unibody. Which wasn't that hard. It could be done with a power drill and a hack saw. And it actually rotates too ;)

I'd be interested in an emitter upgrade also :)

I don't know if I necessarily buy that right now unless there are two grub screws in the that step that are off-set from another. Until it's been divulged, as the greater community knows right now, there's just the one but as evidenced in the photo scottjua posted on page 3, I think we can make out both the grub screw in the nipple and on the emitter and, if it's just the one, they are off set from each other to how they are later spotted in the Pop-Culture Quest episode, and from the screencaps that were taken of the hilt from the video, I've not been able to spot another hole opposite the one we've seen, even after Brandon spins it for Mark.

I'm keen to believe it now.

I think it's seen here and in the photo capture below, both showing the same paint scuff.

attachment.php

attachment.php

So that all the more makes it likely that the nipple is indeed a separate piece because in the photo of Guiness in profile, none of either grub screws line up with the nipple's screw.

attachment.php

Does anyone else see the warp in the pommel? Specifically in the photo of the mystery chunk facing camera. Where the bottom edge of the booster is, the gap where the pommel inserts into the booster should roughly line up under it, yeah? The surface kind of bows out toward the middle of the booster and looks flatter where the chunk sits. I suspect that may be why the pommel cubes on the renders don't line up exactly because the pommel is warped, most probably, due to the chunk being hammered in or crammed in with some force.

Might also explain why the gap looks wonky.

8.jpg

Last edited:
This guy is selling stencils on ETSY right now: https://www.etsy.com/listing/572472955/luke-skywalker-v2-stencil

il_570xN.1410295411_3ag2.jpg

The images is blurred supposedly to prevent anyone else from copying it - but could be blurred so no one can tell the design isn't original...

So there's only ONE question that matters at this point about the stencils - are they an original creation or a scan/re-trace of Trent's? If they're original, I'm sure they can make accommodations for any future saber run. If they're a copy of Trent's (without permission), well, the seller can burn in hell. :)

They weren’t blurred yesterday, and they were different than the TT stencils. Shop owner posted on the Luke ROTJ A.S.G. fb page.

There is more detail than Trent’s. They are a lot less smooth than Trent’s. Not to say he didn’t use them as a starting point, because I have no idea how he made them.

I have one coming so I will post a side by side when it arrives.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back