TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here!

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition ...

That is a great explanation!
My routine for the last three or four years has been: P90X January through March.
Insanity April and May.
Crossfit and triathlon stuff for June and July.
August to October P90X again.
November and December is DTP (dramatic transformation principles) bodybuilding.com

And yet you're telling me I inspire you... thanks for the great compliment!

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition ...

lol, p90x is a roughly 90 day training program. So it's about three months. It's essentially circuit training and it uses primarily dumbbells, a chin-up bar, and body weight. It has a diet plan to go with it. It had great commercial success several years ago. A lot of people have had success with it.

For a more 'Spidey' physique Insanity would probably be very effective, also. That program doesn't have any equipment requirements except maybe for a decent yoga mat.

ah ok :)

Mo-We i do bodybuilding/bulking/defining/weight training and Thursday i do Cardio/workouts/HIIT (atm mostly legs/back workout tho). Fridays i do only lower arms.
Sa and So is relaxing ^^
besides that i do 5-7 days a week abs workout (its a 30days program that i repeat constantely).
http://hasfit.com/30-day-ripped-six-pack-abs-workout-routine-6-pack-abdominal-plan-schedule/

such a 90days program i will do when I have the shape i want ^^ like 10-20kg more muscles.
but I will repeat the programs after the 90days and so on....
http://hasfit.com/hero-90-high-intensity-exercise-program/

i cant go without training or workout more than 1 week (which i do from time to time for regeneration).
if i go longer i feel crappy :p

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here

Ever since starting my new job I've gotten really bad at working out, always too tired by the time I get home. Also eating much less and when I do eat it's usually crappy junk, but I do get a pretty good dinner in. But I do manage to get a run in everyday during my lunch break, so I guess that's something. Gonna try and get back into a routine, get back into my old diet and hopefully regain some of the strength I've lost and lose some of this fat I've gained these past few months.

Re: TASM Fitness Thread. Get your Spidey Physique tips on exercise and nutrition here

Ever since starting my new job I've gotten really bad at working out, always too tired by the time I get home. Also eating much less and when I do eat it's usually crappy junk, but I do get a pretty good dinner in. But I do manage to get a run in everyday during my lunch break, so I guess that's something. Gonna try and get back into a routine, get back into my old diet and hopefully regain some of the strength I've lost and lose some of this fat I've gained these past few months.

i know that can be hard.
even if its small progess its still a progress.
when i started training i made me a ritual. i had my bag in my car and after work i drove directly to the gym without thinking. and when i was on the parking lot it wasnt so hard to get in the gym, even when i was too tired. even if i did not do much in gym on some days. but i got it into my daily routine.

you dont have to do taht every day. but try to do it on the same days in the week. after a while it will be a part of the normal day and it will get easier.

what really helped was to go to the gym before i went home. cause as soon i was home i was too tired/lazy to get to the gym :)

hahha and Yee :D awesome pic you have...we look so good on it :p

Okay guys, so although I've only been using you guys tips for a week, I wanted to give a little bit of info about myself earlier this year.
In January, I was 185 pounds, and I wasn't happy with myself. I started to run very often and I started to have a better diet. Now, I am down to 177, and although I have been doing ab work for only a week now, I've been doing pushups and chest workouts (without weights, I've now started doing weights though) for about 4-5 weeks if not a little longer, and believe it or not, I can actually see a huge difference in my chest.
Anyway, a few nights ago, I tried on my old Spidey suit from last year, which was never finished because of the fact that it was made for someone 5'9... and I'm 6'.... so it didn't work, I tried to sell it, and no one wanted a half finished Spidey suit (which is understandable why XD)... anyway, I tried it on, and although it faded, I am actually very proud of how I'm looking in a Spidey suit. I'm really shooting to look like the long lean Andrew Garfield Spidey from the Amazing Spider Man 2, and I think that I'm actually getting very close.
20140715_204216_resized_2.jpg

HIIT when I can't make the gym...that's my next step. I got sore after a 20 minute workout! Mostly burpees and squats for that nice pop on my quads.

Now to target the ever elusive gut!

So. Eating a lot more if your a skinny guy has been said a lot. But, looking ahead, what do I eat if I have school. More specifically. What snacks or meals would be good for being in school from 7:30 till 2:30

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I usually make a bunch of pbj sandwiches. You can get a good amount of protien and carbs from that and its convieniet to carry and eat

Thanks that would be super easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really dude you can w.e. you want. I mean i bring cereal an milk sometimes and just start eating that in the middle of class lol. Ppl are sometimes like wtf, but hey its for the gainz :p lol. gl mate

I also was told. When u r skinny u have to learn to eat much. So good is also to eat what u like the most.
But pbj sandwish sounds a good choice (not for me cuz i cant stand pb ^^)

I just try to eat several times a day. Like 5 times.
I eat around every 3 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Competetive eaters train to build appeitite by drinking lots of water and eating things like lettuce. But like aron said as long as you have multiple meals spaced out you should be hungry enough to eat

Diet! Anyone got a good diet plan to follow? Looking to bulk! Hit a brick wall with my training - i'm not gaining weight and it's because i'm not eating enough. I just spend way too much time with other projects in between work and gym to cook the kinda food I need I guess!

I think I need about 3.5k cals a day, and I get about 1k from my gainer shake. Thanks all!

Whoa, talk about a big bump. (Sorry?)

TL;DR--Does anyone think it's possible to naturally get your muscles to show through spandex? Is this look (below) possible to achieve without muscle shading? (Long version of the question below.)
Ultimate_Spider-Man-h422.jpg

Ok, so I've been wondering this for a while now. I was never partial to muscle shading, and I want any muscle definition seen on my suit(s) to be the real deal. Obviously, these heroes are drawn to look super-athletic and fit, so the muscles are embellished. However, I also feel that, if the spandex were tight enough, and the cosplayer were cut enough, a similar look might just be possible. Is there any kind of spandex-like material that is more form fitting without having to be tight beyond reason? The last thing I want to do is cut off circulation, especially​ when cons can get so hot and crowded.

Whoa, talk about a big bump. (Sorry?)

TL;DR--Does anyone think it's possible to naturally get your muscles to show through spandex? Is this look (below) possible to achieve without muscle shading? (Long version of the question below.)
View attachment 352715

Ok, so I've been wondering this for a while now. I was never partial to muscle shading, and I want any muscle definition seen on my suit(s) to be the real deal. Obviously, these heroes are drawn to look super-athletic and fit, so the muscles are embellished. However, I also feel that, if the spandex were tight enough, and the cosplayer were cut enough, a similar look might just be possible. Is there any kind of spandex-like material that is more form fitting without having to be tight beyond reason? The last thing I want to do is cut off circulation, especially​ when cons can get so hot and crowded.

Dont think so dude, Kevin Porter is absolutely JACKED as you can see here

kevinporterjacked.jpg

And even his muscles don't show through that well in a basic spandex suit with no shading
kevinporterplainspandex.jpg

That's spandex? It doesn't look so form-fitting... Porter's standing upright, and even then, there's an awful lot of bunching at the waist.
I think its spandex, even if its not this one definitely is and still the same result

kevinporterspandex.jpg

That's spandex? It doesn't look so form-fitting... Porter's standing upright, and even then, there's an awful lot of bunching at the waist.
It has nothing to do with not being jacked enough or not having a tight enough garment. It's a basic principle of fabric: stretchy knit fabrics want to ride from high point to high point, not jump down into crevices and stick there. That's why contour shading is incorporated into the suits on all films but the latest one. Comic book characters aren't drawn the way stretch fabrics work, they're drawn the way naked musculature works. You could literally be Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime and your individual muscles will not show through spandex.

flicks_couch1-7_08.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back