RRauction ending this week (Star Trek, GI JOE, Elysium, Angel, The Bounty etc)

The Prop Stop

Sr Member
This auction ends in a few days. The Superman costume is already over $13,000 for a stunt piece!

Right now there are some good deals on trek items, a GI Joe costume, and lots of other pieces. Check it out.

RR Auction Autograph Auction, Autograph Catalog, Signed Memorabilia, Historical Documents, Collectible Autographs, Signed Collectibles

3310679_2.jpg

Elysium Matt Damon jumpsuit

3310674_1.jpg

GI Joe costume

3300869_1.jpg

Last Starfighter jacket

3313003_1.jpg

Evil Odo costume

3300861_1.jpg

Superman costume Lois and clark tv show

There really are some bargains in the sale, in spite of many pieces doing exceptionally well. I am not privy to the reserves, but I do know from what some have volunteered to me that many are beyond modest; some downright cheap. There are several TEAM AMERICA miniatures sitting at just a few hundred and a few STAR TREK costumes the same. Also, some star BUFFY, XENA and POLICE ACADEMY costumes.

RR Auction: Browse Gallery

The link shows you the listings in descending order.

Yes, most auctions do. People want to protect their investment so they set a minimum price. But, many in this sale do not or are not much more than the starting price. RR likes to start everything at $100 or $200 and let them go at that. In some cases, sellers have reserves slightly above. I think they are more used in the expensive pieces, which start in the 1000s.

Yes, most auctions do. People want to protect their investment so they set a minimum price. But, many in this sale do not or are not much more than the starting price. RR likes to start everything at $100 or $200 and let them go at that. In some cases, sellers have reserves slightly above. I think they are more used in the expensive pieces, which start in the 1000s.

Oh yes, but I'm used to "reserve not met" coming up when placing my bid if that is the case....perhaps there aren't any reserves on the items I placed bids on then. :)

Yeah, one of the things I really have a problem with on this auction... No way to tell how much money you might be spending. I've asked RR for clarification on it twice, and they haven't been able to answer a simple question: How can I tell if the reserve HAS been met. At this point, I'm assuming _every_ lot has a reserve (since there's nothing that indicates otherwise), but you don't know if you've reached the reserve or not... So there's no way to budget bidding on multiple items... You either bid everything on one item and hope for the best, or split your budget over multiple items, and also just hope for the best... If I bid $1000 on something, and the reserve still isn't met, I can then put that $1000 toward something else... But if I don't know if I'm the winning bidder with 'reserve met', I just have to wait until the auction is over to see if I won... By then it's too late (maybe) to spend the money on another lot.

I have to admit, I've _never_ seen an auction house run this way. They either don't have reserves (like PIH, where the starting price basically is the reserve), or it's clearly stated 'Reserve not met' or 'Reserve met' when it is...

Also, if you bid more than the reserve, will it automatically bump your bid up to the reserve so you can win it? Couldn't get an answer on that either...

So far, not really a fan of RR... (Unless the other situation is true- there's no reserves on anything in this auction, and everything that gets a bid sells... But I kind of doubt that's the case...)

It's a good point, Rik, and something I wish I could answer with some level of expertise. I can suggest that you look up the lots you may have interest in on iCollector, as the estimates are stated there. In the pieces I am looking at, I figure the low end is the max a reserve, if there is one, may be.

RR Auction Hollywood Auction - January 2014 - Page 1 of 8 - RR Auction - iCollector.com Online Auctions

For most of the lots I have consigned, with few exceptions, my reserves, where there is one, are below the low end.

Also consider, that this is not PIH, in the vast majority of the lots are low priced and would have been rejected by current PIH standards. I am hoping with my association with RR to cultivate an alternative venue for many of us to buy and sell our pieces in an honest straight forward way. They have been in business for 30 years with this format, and as none of us here are used to it, there will be a period of adjustment. I will continue to voice your concerns and preferences as I agree that when the reserve is met it should be noted.

I do not want to rely upon eBay and PP for my future sales. In addition to these HOLLYWOOD SALES, of which this is but the second, they have usual monthly auctions with printed catalogs. Consignors not wishing to wait for these larger sales can opt to be in the monthly sale.

rick

For most of the lots I have consigned, with few exceptions, my reserves, where there is one, are below the low end.

Also consider, that this is not PIH, in the vast majority of the lots are low priced and would have been rejected by current PIH standards. I am hoping with my association with RR to cultivate an alternative venue for many of us to buy and sell our pieces in an honest straight forward way. They have been in business for 30 years with this format, and as none of us here are used to it, there will be a period of adjustment.

That's interesting, didn't know they had additional information on a different auction site...
And, I know it's not PIH, I was just using them as an example of not having hidden reserves (or Screen Used as another example).
PP (and eBay for that matter) state which items have reserves, and when the reserve is met (if it is), so you know right away if you are actually going to win the item if you don't get outbid.

Has RR really been running auctions like this for 30 years? With people not knowing if they were even winning the lot until it was over? (And does it tell you the instant the lot closes if you really won or not, or do you have to wait to be invoiced to figure that out?)

I'm involved in a lot more auctions than just entertainment, and I've never seen one that wouldn't at least say 'yes' or 'no' that you were actually winning the item in question. The reserve itself might be a secret, but never what items _have_ reserves and whether or not they are met... Just seems kind of weird to me. The fact that others have even questioned that there _are_ reserves seems to show that it's something that should be changed.

Not sure I like this "hidden reserve"......especially when I want to bid on multiple items. It's good to know if and when I need to put all my meagre eggs in one basket to win. I did take your advice and checked icollector and will assume the low end estimate is the reserve :)

The Clayton Moore Lone Ranger suit is still under $3,000.00.
I would kill to buy that. I grew up loving that show.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back