Justice League (Post-release)

Just came back from it. It was a fun movie, Superman really shined in it for the few minutes he showed up. Wasn't the best superhero movie, but much better than BVS and Man of Steel. Stay to the very end, great post credit scene after the credits. The humor was kept to a minimum which was good. Not a complete comedy fest like Thor Ragnarok. I'll definitely be giving it a second watch, apparently Linda Carter makes a cameo at the end of the film that I missed but a friend caught. There was one very cringeworthy scene at the very beginning of the film with Superman. It was obvious that the mustache got erased and his face looked really strange from the CGI treatment. They should have spent more money on doing it right. It was horrendous.

Just came back from it. It was a fun movie, Superman really shined in it for the few minutes he showed up. Wasn't the best superhero movie, but much better than BVS and Man of Steel. Stay to the very end, great post credit scene after the credits. The humor was kept to a minimum which was good. Not a complete comedy fest like Thor Ragnarok. I'll definitely be giving it a second watch, apparently Linda Carter makes a cameo at the end of the film that I missed but a friend caught. There was one very cringeworthy scene at the very beginning of the film with Superman. It was obvious that the mustache got erased and his face looked really strange from the CGI treatment. They should have spent more money on doing it right. It was horrendous.

I know exactly what scene you're referring to, I remember thinking the same thing! Luckily it appeared to be a lot better later in the film. I liked it and thought it was a fun film, definitely not as good as Wonder Woman but still a lot of fun. I personally thought the second half was much better than the first.

Ok I want to get in before ppl start bashing it I gotta say I LOVED IT!
Affleck NAILED wayne/Batman!

This whole movie felt like a tonal/thematic reboot or refresh and lightened up the tone of these DC movies!
Danny Elfman did a great job with the score.
All the heroes were great. It seemed like everyone had a decent amount of screen time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from seeing it. Pretty enjoyable. I had pretty low expectations, so overall it definitely exceeded them. Really the only problems I had were the crappy CGI concerning erasing Cavill's mustache and then Steppenwolf as a villain. He was pretty lame. Between Lex, Ares, and now Steppenwolf, they still havent got the villain just right. It was fun movie, though. Not as good as the best MCU film, but much better than some of the lesser ones. It really felt like the Justice League animated show. It had that type of feeling. It didnt try to take itself too seriously and try to be something more than it should. I'd definitely see it again. The 2 end credit scenes were great!

The Superman mustache off CGI complaints are overblown. If you had no idea that it happened or the news story behind it, would you really notice? There may have been a scene or two if you were looking for it, something may have seemed odd. But partly it was me looking for it. I loved how the opening scene of a kid talking to Superman before his death on his camera humanized him more Superman smiles more, he laughs. That's what he needed.

I had totally forgot about the mustache thing until the opening scene. The CGI in that scene was horrendous. Then, after that, whenever Supes was on screen, it was pretty obvious which scenes had been edited and which hadn't.

Don't forget about Enchantress :lol

I've been trying so hard to do just that.

As for Justice League, I'm going to be in the minority, but I honestly enjoyed the hell out of it. As reference, I thought Man of Steel and Wonder Woman were mediocre, BVS was pretty good as long as you watched the extended edition and Suicide Squad was an abomination of cinema.

Steppenwolf was a weak villain, but was primarily set up for the bigger threats to come, which I'm kind of okay with. The Mustachegate was a real problem though, as I could tell every scene that they had to CG his face and it was terribly distracting. I really enjoyed the dynamic between the various members of the league, the action was fun, and of course Zack Snyder has a hell of an eye for visuals, which were great. I also think this is the best representation of Superman in the DCEU so far. He didn't brood all over the place, cracked a few jokes, and actually went out of his way to save civilians.

I think I will have to see it again to form my final opinion, but currently this is sitting at my second best of the DC movies.

Just watched it. It was great!

I just gotta say this now, I laughed so hard at the found footage at the start of the movie. That CGI mouth was just too funny.

The first half was a bit of a drag. Mainly because they're new characters who we don't know anything about, it's like they were forcing us to care about them. But as it progresses, it gets better. Steppenwolf was just there to further the plot. CGI was pretty bad and overused. The whole intro scene with Batfleck looked completely CG, even he looked CG. Story was meh, they didn't give us more information about the Mother Boxes to make us actually care for or be afraid of them. I love the Flash but I didn't see his purpose. They didn't really give him much to do other than save a few people who didn't seem like they were actually in danger.

I am confused though about Superman actually being dead. Why did the dirt lift off the casket in the BvS if he was dead? Also, why did Clark want to kill Batman? I mean... after the Martha thing, they seemed like they were okay. And correct me if I'm wrong, but did Clark blame his death on Bruce? That's kinda messed up because he chose to further impale himself to save the world. Take away everything that Batman did in BvS, Lex still would have created Doomsday.

But overall, I enjoyed it. It's not a perfect film but it's far from a train wreck.

My overall thoughts are: It's fine.
I'd middle of the pack for MCU movies. Characterizations were GREAT! No understatement there. One thing I was worried about was the characters actually talking to each other but that was great. I also LOVED the Amazon part.

However, didn't care for that family in Russia, the whole unity thing was dumb. Separating the boxes was dumb and I didn't like how they resurrected Superman. It's like if any character dies now we can revive them like that.

Surely a step in the right direction and definately the end of the Snyder era. Can't wait to see what Johns and Wan do with Aquaman!

To Henry Cavill: What's wrong with your face?!

Not a comics guy but I enjoyed it. Didn't care for CGI Steppenwolf or his flying monkeys.

Must Superman have every power? Now he's as fast as the Flash?

Here’s a question. Does ANYONE read comics anymore???

292e16d96d825008688f0b34d13ceef1.jpg

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must Superman have every power? Now he's as fast as the Flash?

That's always been a thing in the comics and animated shows. If I remember correctly, there was this one time where they were racing and Flash just says that he's just been letting Superman win all the time and then he storms off like 100x faster

That's always been a thing in the comics and animated shows. If I remember correctly, there was this one time where they were racing and Flash just says that he's just been letting Superman win all the time and then he storms off like 100x faster

I don't have a problem with Superman being fast but he was operating at the same speed as the Flash, watching him as he moved at super speed. To me, it makes Superman a bore. Write yourself into a hole, just give him another super power.

Just my $0.02. As I said, I'm not a comics reader/fan.

I don't have a problem with Superman being fast but he was operating at the same speed as the Flash, watching him as he moved at super speed. To me, it makes Superman a bore. Write yourself into a hole, just give him another super power.

Just my $0.02. As I said, I'm not a comics reader/fan.

I agree with you. I find Superman to be the most boring superhero because... well he's got everything. He's strong, he can fly, he's got laser eyes, he's fast, and he's also invulnerable. His only physical weakness is a rare alien material which conveniently ends up on the earth. I'm not a comic reader either :lol

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, did anyone else hope that the "big guns" meant dropping Lois Lane from the edge of a building?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back