Original Lightsaber found at LFL with ROUND blade

That's sorta the issue, no one can find them! They were German made, WWII era and composed of copper with a white coating

I watched that evolution of the saber duel program on espn seeing the BTS throne room duel those blades are very wobbly and flex quite a bit. May support the antenna theory

Thanks. I looked at it for a few min til I got it . lol. Do u think they used it as a long distance stand in? The black tape could be to mimic the neck of the v2 and shared stunt. I've seen weirder things done with props

Good eye! It even has the black tape peeled away at the top!

It still seems they paid attention to what hilts were on screen. this never saw ESB screen time either, and there was actually a Graflex saber in the film, so I doubt it.

I love this saber and it's construction. a rod embedded in a cylinder, which is set screwed into the saber itself. Genius.

Ya the blade insert is very cool. Wonder if they did that with the other flashgun sabers?

It still seems they paid attention to what hilts were on screen. this never saw ESB screen time either, and there was actually a Graflex saber in the film, so I doubt it.

I love this saber and it's construction. a rod embedded in a cylinder, which is set screwed into the saber itself. Genius.

Ya the blade insert is very cool. Wonder if they did that with the other flashgun sabers?

Oh of course, the "ROTJ" Vader saber is proof, there is an insert beneath the bulb socket that extends to the clamp. I think the Barbican is too in some fashion.

Well I was able to purchase some vehicle antennas that are similar in size to ot blades. I'm hoping to recreate this and some other esb rotj era stunts inc the barbican . those inserts are the only think I'm having a hard time with do you think they were machined to fit in the flashgun ?

Last edited:
Well just got some disappointing news on the fiberglass/carbon fiber idea that Steve sansweet has. Becaise that would be ALOT easier to get! Lol.. I just spoke to a family member who works at a certain military museum here in the US. turns out I was wrong as well. Composites weren't used fully in militaries until after the 1950s. I did find out that the copper antenna info is 100% that s all the Germans used !.TRUE. Also found out there's a few more materials in the antennas themselves. Turns out they were most likely from panzer command tanks according to my uncle. One antenna made 2 stunt blades. The also have a loose copper coil core inside which you can here in BTS and in rancho obi wan video . the nub on the vader rotj is the part of the antenna that goes into the comm mount . so they appeared to used a lower piece for that saber. Just my obversation. They were apparently rolled/ forged? And tapered from high grade copper piping then coated in dark rubber. Almost like rhino liner in consistency . so apparently heat treated and tapered copper holds up better than aluminum rods lol lol. If anyone wants the number to the museum. Please don't hesitate to ask. I will post pics shortly of what I was sent.( also the smaller rod that went into Luke's jedi stunts is the small rod that screws into the bottom part of the several meter antenna. Not 100% sure just repeating what I was told after photo study . good news is I found a metal worker / blacksmith who has first hand knowledge who may be able to make a few once he's done with the master copy . not sure if anyone is interested in that kind of run but I will post picks in a few hours. If anyone wants to consider a blade let me know . please feel free to comment or add anything .....update only one pic I got so far

Owk1 MX-6707-03 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Well just got some disappointing news on the fiberglass/carbon fiber idea that Steve sansweet has. Becaise that would be ALOT easier to get! Lol.. I just spoke to a family member who works at a certain military museum here in the US. turns out I was wrong as well. Composites weren't used fully in militaries until after the 1950s. I did find out that the copper antenna info is 100% that s all the Germans used !.TRUE. Also found out there's a few more materials in the antennas themselves. Turns out they were most likely from panzer command tanks according to my uncle. One antenna made 2 stunt blades. The also have a loose copper coil core inside which you can here in BTS and in rancho obi wan video . the nub on the vader rotj is the part of the antenna that goes into the comm mount . so they appeared to used a lower piece for that saber. Just my obversation. They were apparently rolled/ forged? And tapered from high grade copper piping then coated in dark rubber. Almost like rhino liner in consistency . so apparently heat treated and tapered copper holds up better than aluminum rods lol lol. If anyone wants the number to the museum. Please don't hesitate to ask. I will post pics shortly of what I was sent.( also the smaller rod that went into Luke's jedi stunts is the small rod that screws into the bottom part of the several meter antenna. Not 100% sure just repeating what I was told after photo study . good news is I found a metal worker / blacksmith who has first hand knowledge who may be able to make a few once he's done with the master copy . not sure if anyone is interested in that kind of run but I will post picks in a few hours. If anyone wants to consider a blade let me know . please feel free to comment or add anything .....update only one pic I got so far

Owk1View attachment 603660

This is VERY helpful news, thank you! Any more pics or details could be great - the fact that they could have used a few blades from a multi-part antenna sounds just like the prop dept.

Well after just holding it realized we made a BIG error. The antenna itself is thin rolled steel (think steel golf shaft) in fact made the EXACT SAME WAY. the copper is only PAINTED PLATED on the steel under the rubber coating for better radio reception . Honestly felt like I was holding a golf club rod only. VERY lightweight. I'll post more this evening .

Just a update. I found at least 2 on eBay ! And a private sellers site . they aren't the exact german panzer model but same size build and material. They were made by a company called copperweld. all they are are copper clad steel tubes hardened and tapered. You call. Still buy modern versions today. Pretty much the same thing unless your like me and trying to afford the real deal lol please let me know of you want anymore info or the links to those for sale

Last edited:
Just a update. I found at least 2 on eBay ! And a private sellers site . they aren't the exact german panzer model but same size build and material. They were made by a company called copperweld. all they are are copper clad steel tubes hardened and tapered. You call. Still buy modern versions today. Pretty much the same thing unless your like me and trying to afford the real deal lol please let me know of you want anymore info or the links to those for sale

Yes, I very much do!

So basically you could spend up to 1000$ on one of theese or just google rolled steel tubing. They make a tapered kind that won't bend on some websites that manufacturer commercial antenna masts and accessories...or like someone here said just use a steel golf club pole. They are made the same way

Interesting - we've seen two kinds, tapered ones and tubes that had an open tip that were copper/brass colored. I'll look into this lol

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back