Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

What about R2-D2 and 3PO being the Chroniclers of the entire Skywalker Saga.
That idea was first put forward in the Star Wars comics of the late 70's early 80's
Does that count.

What about R2-D2 and 3PO being the Chroniclers of the entire Skywalker Saga.
That idea was first put forward in the Star Wars comics of the late 70's early 80's
Does that count.

Actually, even earlier than that, I believe. I remember some of the earliest interviews with George Lucas in 1977-78 where he stated that the two droids would be the only characters to appear in every film (which was to be nine films or 12 films, depending on his mood at the time of the given interview ).

Edit it to add- and in those interviews, he specifically stated that the films would be basically told from the droids point of view- which is basically the same as your understanding that they would be the chroniclers of the saga, having been witness to all of it.

M

You know, based on some of what I've seen lately, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Luke again and the excuse goes something like this........"Luke on Ahch-To, well that wasn't really him, it was a force projection, because he still was in hiding and worried about being found. And the Luke on Crait, well that was a force projection of a force projection. Jedi's are pretty crafty......."

You know, based on some of what I've seen lately, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Luke again and the excuse goes something like this........"Luke on Ahch-To, well that wasn't really him, it was a force projection, because he still was in hiding and worried about being found. And the Luke on Crait, well that was a force projection of a force projection. Jedi's are pretty crafty......."
They can do whatever they want. Even the most vague of ground rules Lucas might have set, have gone out the window.

Or maybe just as a very involved Force Ghost. It is my OPINION ;), we will see Mark in IX.

Last edited:
They can do whatever they want. Even the most vague of ground rules Lucas might have set, have gone out the window.

Agreed but that is the thing with bureaucracy,incapable people are placed in position’s of “power”.After TLJ I think of KK as a sad f’n joke of a person.I’m sure Jar Jar Abrams will put the final nail in the coffin after IX comes out.

I don’t think rebels will influence any films...

I thought for sure otherwise before TLJ came out. I figured rebels was setting this all up with the byndu and hyperspace wolf’s...

“The one in the middle”

Then we got the TLJ trailer with Luke saying it’s time for the Jedi to end

With all this stuff of “one in the middle” I figured TLJ was going to explain the middle side of the force... nope

TLJ we learn the Jedi will continue

This just confirms they don’t have any plans and they are throwing ideas up against the wall and seeing what sticks..

On to the next series!

C’mon Luke skywalker adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Script finished already? The Star Wars sausage machine never stops. TLJ was a one draft job and boy, didnt that show in the end.

I remember when I was back in elementary school and quite naive. We had a test and we were going through the answers as a class. The teacher asked me what my answer was for a particular question. I very confidently said "A". She asked "Are you sure? It might BE something else." I insisted I had it right and didn't need to change.

It reminds me of that. They just vomit out these drafts and think "It's perfect! Not change needed here!" It seems like that is more or less what Hollywood has come to in general. If the draft is a mess we'll just use LOADS of money to reshoot and rewrite when we're 3/4 through the filming.

Through flashbacks and time travel, you can change anything you want about a character's motivation or situation, and JJ has always used it as a crutch. I'm sure this device is a welcome addition to the Star Wars universe for JJ.

I thought the oversaturation of star wars would be it's down fall. Apparently it's the stories there comming out with.

I remember when I was back in elementary school and quite naive. We had a test and we were going through the answers as a class. The teacher asked me what my answer was for a particular question. I very confidently said "A". She asked "Are you sure? It might BE something else." I insisted I had it right and didn't need to change.

It reminds me of that. They just vomit out these drafts and think "It's perfect! Not change needed here!" It seems like that is more or less what Hollywood has come to in general. If the draft is a mess we'll just use LOADS of money to reshoot and rewrite when we're 3/4 through the filming.

Yep. They, Disney, really have no respect for the legacy what so ever. They churn out stuff to fit an unreasonable timeline as they know they have their shills in place to praise whatever rubbish is put before them and deflect any criticism by the methods we have seen recently by Abrams etc.

I thought the oversaturation of star wars would be it's down fall. Apparently it's the stories there comming out with.

That’s something else that’s been bothering me . The OT and PT were made not only seemingly years apart ( definitely - where the OT is concerned ) , but the characters also seemed to age / grow between films . That , I think allowed for reasonable speculation as to where said characters were heading . Excuses could be made for certain off - screen developments .

These New films however , seem more like very expensive , well made ( production wise) T.V. episodes , with hardly any time passing from Ep VII to Ep VIII ... wondering if IX will continue this trend ? ... just my $0:02 .

Ged

I wonder what Peter Jackson could’ve done with the ST if he had the chance? He respects the history, lore, and characters of established franchises... idk. Part of me feels that KK is the main reason everything I love has been thrown out the window and ran over.

I wonder what Peter Jackson could’ve done with the ST if he had the chance? He respects the history, lore, and characters of established franchises... idk. Part of me feels that KK is the main reason everything I love has been thrown out the window and ran over.
Some Tolkien fans would disagree with you

Anyone see on theforce.net that there is something in the works called Star Wars: Resistance ? Maybe Rich Evans of Red Letter Media is right in predicting that The Last Jedi was a precursor to a weekly tv show where Rey and what remains of the Rebel forces go up against the First Order.

I mean let's face it, Star Wars is becoming a joke.

Anyone see on theforce.net that there is something in the works called Star Wars: Resistance ? Maybe Rich Evans of Red Letter Media is right in predicting that The Last Jedi was a precursor to a weekly tv show where Rey and what remains of the Rebel forces go up against the First Order.

I mean let's face it, Star Wars is becoming a joke.

I think it was a trademark in a non film or tv category.

I think a series while we wait would be a great way to jump forward in time, and fill in some of the huge gaps already left in the wake of two movies. You could also show a fitting ending to Leia, and training for Rey if you filled that time span with a animated series....

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back