Luke ANH Lightsaber D-Ring

Looks great sofar ... perhaps you just need to trim that Exactra bubbles from both ends to sit flush with your G R A F L E X clamp ... why are all the pins removed from their sockets? What 'switch' are you refering to that's gone missing? Perhaps create a seperate thread of your G R A F L E X Luke ANH lightsaber build ... this is foremost the D-ring discussion thread and by creating your own thread you'll get more cheers and responses that way too :)

Chaim

I did trim it was a very scary thing to do lol but it looks right now.... it had no pins or buttons when i got it at the pawn shop... had to use repro ones for now will find real ones soon :)
-Kenn

Hey Gang! I thought I'd share some pics with you of the GRAFLEX case I just picked up with 4 D-Rings on it...

Ridire Firean - GRAFLEX - D-Ring - Case with 4 - 01.jpg
Ridire Firean - GRAFLEX - D-Ring - Case with 4 - 02.jpg
Ridire Firean - GRAFLEX - D-Ring - Case with 4 - 03.jpg
Ridire Firean - GRAFLEX - D-Ring - Case with 4 - 04.jpg
Ridire Firean - GRAFLEX - D-Ring - Case with 4 - 05.jpg
Ridire Firean - GRAFLEX - D-Ring - Case with 4 - 06.jpg

...they all appear to be black with black clips. The case smells SO STRONGLY of mold that I took it directly outside after unboxing it and sprayed it inside and out with Lysol Disinfectant Spray. It still stinks! The glands in my throat instantly started telling me not to breath around it so I'll probably end up trashing the case, but the question is... do I try and cut out the D-Rings on squares of the case for display?

I'm restarting my all original vintage G R A F L E X Luke ANH build. Could I possibly buy one of those from you and how much?

Thanks in advance.

Same question. Wasn’t sure I should even ask, but now that the ice is broken... ;-)

Nice find. I’ve looked some but never saw anything close that wasn’t online and can’t figure out the geometry well enough to know if it right or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an ongoing topic on the Facebook Graflex Addicts group. The D rings off the Graflex case have been discussed but some people feel that it would have been too much work to harvest them and turn them into a proper piece for the prop and that they were sourced elsewhere. I wish this riddle would finally get solved. I have 4 D rings on my case and one of the vintage D rings that Slothfurnace was selling a while back. They're all awesome and all possible candidates.

These d-rings had a clip already in the right configuration with a slight “C” shaped d-ring. Also have a nice embossed surface around the rivet that fits in nicely. Weren’t from a Graflex product but are still vintage.

Attachments

• D6A9207C-B8D1-4390-96E1-24D313BF270F.jpeg
    D6A9207C-B8D1-4390-96E1-24D313BF270F.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 40327F9E-0CC9-4D67-B4DF-EEFE9802AE07.jpeg
    40327F9E-0CC9-4D67-B4DF-EEFE9802AE07.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 136
This is an ongoing topic on the Facebook Graflex Addicts group. The D rings off the Graflex case have been discussed but some people feel that it would have been too much work to harvest them and turn them into a proper piece for the prop and that they were sourced elsewhere. I wish this riddle would finally get solved. I have 4 D rings on my case and one of the vintage D rings that Slothfurnace was selling a while back. They're all awesome and all possible candidates.

Indeed. Vintage and reasonably accurate is my working criterion right now for a few remaining elements, like the extender card(?) circuit board, Obi transistors, and these D rings. Maybe a breakthrough will occur down the road. Until then...

These d-rings had a clip already in the right configuration with a slight “C” shaped d-ring. Also have a nice embossed surface around the rivet that fits in nicely. Weren’t from a Graflex product but are still vintage.

Those look a lot like the ones that Slothfurnace was selling. Pretty nice solution and I think they look great!

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. Vintage and reasonably accurate is my working criterion right now for a few remaining elements, like the extender card(?) circuit board, Obi transistors, and these D rings. Maybe a breakthrough will occur down the road. Until then...

From who I've talked to and what I know about the history of the ANH Graflex, I don't think we'll ever have that question answered unfortunately. But there's gotta be something out there somewhere, right??

I had been watching those straps that Sloth bought for quite some time but had been burned on a different GRAFLEX case and was hesitant to pull the trigger, I kept hoping someone would get one and confirm the size was correct and then I'd get one of the 10 they had, nope, I think he got them all!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back