The Expanse: Props & Found Parts

After watching ep. 4 so S2 last night I'm positive that Miller's harness, along with all of the other Belters when they go EVA, is a safety harness, probably the Guardian Fall Protection 193131 I listed in my post above.

Here's a shot of the back of Fred Johnson's harness compared to the back of the Guardian fall harness, except for the colors they match pretty much exactly.
71iTKpNAfmL._SL1500_.jpgthe-expanse-2x03-2.jpg

Last edited:
As SyFy has axed the programme; if someone else doesn't pick it up, maybe the props etc will get auctioned off and we'll get some new references.

Hey Guys! Super excited as I have begun efforts towards my own belter cos. I have been trying to reach Ulrich who had previously worked on the same helmet as I and I have a question maybe some of you can help out with:

The face piece: There's a metal style border around it and Im curious how it was made? Any suggestions? I feel like it was 3D printed because its very symmetrical however didn't know if it was foam. Id would have to commend the maker if it was foam as it seems quite intricate. Anyways, Im borrowing your pic ULRIC, to illustrate what Im trying to say. Any suggestions would be uber helpful. Thanks!

tumblr_oq1smunfw71wpltm7o7_500.jpg

After some Googleing, I think the first set of glasses may be Chinese-made, double-walled 10 ounce glasses, maybe for tea:

https://www.amazon.com/Tea-Forte-PO...886&sr=8-18&keywords=double+wall+tea+glass+10

The second one looks to me like the Bormioli Cassiopea glass:

https://shop.coolmaterial.com/products/faceted-whiskey-glasses?variant=501563365

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/...5875&experience=responsive&pdpserver=internal

That's all entirely guesswork on my part. Good luck!

-MJ

Works for me, thanks man!

IMG_0115.jpg IMG_0118.jpg [
Re: The Expanse: Prop Weapons

Here's a look at Miller's Rhino. Looks pretty standard. Totally unmodified, perhaps?

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/728 ?

-MJ
Here are some 3d printed Rhinos kits that I got from a vendor, TraywickDesigns, on Etsy. The bottom gun is the Total Recall version of the Rhino D50. The top gun is a custom Rhino D60 Total Recall version that he did for me. He makes the standard Rhino D 50( No flair on the grip no under barrel attachment) that I believe is the Miller gun.

Last edited:
sorry if it has nothing to do with that but it imediately made me think of a ratchet strap when I saw that picture. I hope it can help.

New to the forum, just joined so I could add to this post. I can't post links yet, but have some information that may be of use to someone in here.

In season 3 Episode 1 they're using some sort of "fire broom" (does it have an actual name? I don't think it's ever mentioned) and for some reason it struck me as neat and I recognized part of it immediately and then went on a mission to find the rest.

It's part Black & Decker LST522 (20V String trimmer), part WEN 6369 drywall sander, and has what I'm pretty sure are SodaStream CO2 cylinders on the sides. The rest of what I could see is made up of a couple different sizes of tubing/hose and some solenoids like you'd find in a Nitrous system for a car. I'm not sure what the rest of the "business end" is entirely made of, some sort of puck that appears to be frosted acrylic or something, and some metal discs/tins perhaps?

I know it's not as cool as the guns, but figured I'd add the info about it I've uncovered up to this point in case anyone else is in here and searching for it. If anyone knows the actual name (if it has one) I'd like to know what it is. Sorry for the crappy photos.

IMG_1122.jpg IMG_1121.JPG

Welcome to the RPF moddage. all contributions are more than welcomed.
Nice work on finding this Info. Great site for prop peaple and hope you enjoy yourself here....

I think there may be a clear view of it early in S1, I was re-watching it the other day. I have the blu-rays of S1 & 2 on my hard drive, I will see if I can find it.

Awesome. It was just laziness, but I was mostly wondering if you had done any work on recreating it. I have the blu-rays as well, so I’ll take a look and ask around if I need any help identifying the text, etc. Probably throw one together in illustrator. I’m new to The RPF, and kind of joined moatly b cause I’m rewatching The Expanse, and looking to replicate some more of the glassware and drinkware. Obviously if I do put together a graphic for this bottle, I’ll post the results here as well!

Unfortunately, the original Stainless Steel Square Clean Bottle, is turning out to be very difficult to get a hold of. I might purchase and paint a plastic one if I don’t have any other options.

Anyway thanks for the reply, and I’ll definitely keep track of my pogress here!

Last edited:
Awesome. It was just laziness, but I was mostly wondering if you had done any work on recreating it. I have the blu-rays as well, so I’ll take a look and ask around if I need any help identifying the text, etc. Probably throw one together in illustrator. I’m new to The RPF, and kind of joined moatly b cause I’m rewatching The Expanse, and looking to replicate some more of the glassware and drinkware. Obviously if I do put together a graphic for this bottle, I’ll post the results here as well!

Unfortunately, the original Stainless Steel Square Clean Bottle, is turning out to be very difficult to get a hold of. I might purchase and paint a plastic one if I don’t have any other options.

Anyway thanks for the reply, and I’ll definitely keep track of my pogress here!

Sorry! I got thrown off by your reply, Birdie. I was wondering if Tzsyko had made any progress in recreating the logo, as his post said that he intended to. Realized it was he, and not you who had posted the ID on the bottle. Still, love all of the work I’ve seen posted from you, Birdie! Especially impressed with and still interested in the logo design work on the other bottle and MCRN cups you posted about, that we’ve been commenting back and forth on, and everything else actually in your Expanse Big Build thread. Really impressive work!

Found it, yeah I can do that logo easily, give me a couple days.

Looks like the stainless one is o.o.p.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back