Netflix Recommendations Thread

You want my recommendation for Netflix? Just go through and read the 1-2 sentence synopsis tag on each entry. That's highly entertaining from a "holy crap they sacrificed the actual synopsis for something catchy."

You want my recommendation for Netflix? Just go through and read the 1-2 sentence synopsis tag on each entry. That's highly entertaining from a "holy crap they sacrificed the actual synopsis for something catchy."

lol yeah ive read a few... now they change the "poster" art so much I get confused if its a/the "classic" or sequel or reboot or... :rolleyes

I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in the 31 pages here, but Dare Devil season one is one of the greatest series ever.

Not really a Netflix question, more of an HBO one: Is ROME any good? I'm in need of a new show. Does it hold a candle to Spartacus Blood and Sand?

Not really a Netflix question, more of an HBO one: Is ROME any good? I'm in need of a new show. Does it hold a candle to Spartacus Blood and Sand?

Laspector, I haven't seen Spartacus Blood and Sand, so I cannot make a direct comparison. However, I watched ROME when it aired years ago, and was truly captivated by it. I highly recommend it.

The Wook

ps~FWIW, I recall George Lucas absolutely raving about the series back when it was on the air.

Well, if you like ROME you would probably love Spartacus: Blood and Sand. It's on Netflix if you have that. It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I started up on ROME last night. Only one episode in, but it seems good so far.

Well, if you like ROME you would probably love Spartacus: Blood and Sand. It's on Netflix if you have that. It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I started up on ROME last night. Only one episode in, but it seems good so far.

Cool, I'll check it out!

On an unrelated matter, has anyone seen Westworld on HBO? Any good? (No spoilers, please.)

Spartacus I liked, even if it was a bit, racy for the sake of being racy, shall we say. Lucy Lawless is awesome it that series.

Westworld is one of HBO's better offerings as of late. Very good with the sci-fi elements. I don't want to say too much about the narrative, but it's got its twists. Would definitely recommend it. Stellar acting all around, especially Anthony Hopkins (but of course, he's Anthony Hopkins, so you knew that).

"The Keepers".

It's heartbreaking and infuriating in a way I haven't experienced since Schindler's List.
It's seriously messed up. But a very, very well crafted documentary.

I watched ROME when it aired years ago, and was truly captivated by it. I highly recommend it.

I'm up to S1E11 on ROME. It's pretty good, however after watching SPARTACUS B&S several times I guess I got a little spoiled on it. ROME is definitely more of a slow burn. But that's okay, not everything has to be non-stop action. I'm not really up on my Shakespeare, is this supposed to be another version of his Julius Caesar?

I'm up to S1E11 on ROME. It's pretty good, however after watching SPARTACUS B&S several times I guess I got a little spoiled on it. ROME is definitely more of a slow burn. But that's okay, not everything has to be non-stop action. I'm not really up on my Shakespeare, is this supposed to be another version of his Julius Caesar?

Haven't started Spartacus yet, but I will soon. Not sure I'll dig it was much as ROME, as Julius Caesar has been my 2nd favorite historical character (***** is 1st, of course) since I first read Shakespeare's play on his life and death back in junior high. (Btw, Ben Franklin is 3rd on my list, King Arthur is 4th, and Hannibal rounds out my Top 5.)

The Wook

Haven't started Spartacus yet, but I will soon. Not sure I'll dig it was much as ROME, as Julius Caesar has been my 2nd favorite historical character (***** is 1st, of course) since I first read Shakespeare's play on his life and death back in junior high.

Well, if your into historical accuracy, Spartacus may not be for you. Sure, it hits all the main beats of the Spartacus story, but mostly it is an all-out action, blood and sex romp, kind of in the vein of 300. Just get through the first episode, as that is all set-up, and from there it runs non-stop. IMHO the season finale of season 1 is possibly the greatest hour of television ever produced. Absolutely mind blowing.

Then, of course you have to deal with the fact that the actor playing Spartacus died after season 1. The second season is actually a prequel, then season 3 and 4 it is a new actor.

I just saw that Netflix now has S7 of The Walking Dead and S3 of Dark Matters, I started catching up this weekend. So if you're a fan of either I'd start setting aside some time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back