Almost done

number9

IMG_2777.JPGIMG_2776.JPGIMG_2778.JPGIMG_2779.JPGWell the boys are almost done with the desert scene. Just a little clean up and done. Any feedback is welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_2781.JPG
    IMG_2781.JPG
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 79
Well done! I like the 3po better, the R2s weathering is very uniform in that the dirt looks too random, i.e. not created by various "events" or over time but simply "splashed on". You IMO could improve on that by i.e. using a thinner to create runny lines and deepen the cracks by have the paints pool up. But in the end it all comes down to personal preferences.

Btw, the threads title could be a tad bit more informative, i.e. contain information about the project like "Bandai (?) R2 and 3PO kits build and paint job- almost done", tho helps in attracting interested members and navigating through the forum.

Last edited:
Turn your photos right side up.

Change your thread title....Almost Done....What does that mean???.....You're in the toilet and someone wants to come in??...Be Specific.

Looks like you're doing great work.......If you want us to be interested....don't be vague.

Turn your photos right side up.

Change your thread title....Almost Done....What does that mean???.....You're in the toilet and someone wants to come in??...Be Specific.

Looks like you're doing great work.......If you want us to be interested....don't be vague.

Add to that "Perhaps put it in the "General modeling" section instead - as this is NOT Studio Scale modeling"

Almost done indeed; careful with the weathering: I don't know what type of paint you're using (or what kind of pics/research)but you should try to tone down the brown you've been using on both figures. If you look at 3PO and R2, you'll see that you have a combo of black, burnt umber, brown, beige all mixed together in certain area. Try to dilute those (use a make up sponge/ QTips) and do some layering while applying the different tints. Start with the darker color and finish with the lighter ones. Good luck:)

I'm just the moderator for my son on this one. He and his freind built this. The R2 is from a kit from 1977 I had sealed when I was a kid. The 3PO is a vinyl kit from ebay. The base is a wood base. The sand is some kind of railroad ballast. I agree that the wash needs some thining dowm but overall I think it looks great. I did post it in the wrong place. It should be in gen mod. I don't know what happened. I don't know how to move the thread there.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back