The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Grenades aren't that expensive over here. They seem to go for about 600 GBP and I see them fairly often. Just haven't got 600 quid at the minute unfortunately!

Are they accurate profile in decent shape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they accurate profile in decent shape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they're the correct ones. Saw a beautiful one go for £400 the other day. I was trying to bag that one myself but with being at work I couldn't keep my eye on the auction so got out bid.

The total price was a bit more. That was 400 pounds plus a buyers premium and shipping. It was a cleaned up dug up item with some small pitting condition issues. I wish I could have picked it up!

I too wanted to grab it but I couldnt register my CC from the US. It was a very nice one.

So hard costs IF, and that’s a big if, you can source all the parts, are ballparked at $6,000 USD.
I suppose the $10K USD figure accounts for the legwork: Antique stores, flea markets, calls to arms dealers, UK plumbers, and aviation graveyards- sleepless nights pouring over the Internet, the inevitable call to Rolls Royce and of course friendships made across the globe to make the dream real. Here’s hoping I don’t have to sell mine off.

Last edited by a moderator:
last time I had prices in head, it was like 1000€ for a balance pipe or a booster and around 500 for a greande, I can't believe how even more expensive those items became! even the handwheel going for 400€ now is crazy. I'm so jalous of all you guys who have even some of the real parts :$
And Markus, amazing that you are offering this run of boosters, I never imagined I would see a "run" of those, them being so rare. If someone could do it, It was certainly you though! :thumbsup

Could you or anyone who followed that same auction post a picture of said grenade, please?

Chaïm

Hales.jpg

The actual purchase price would have been a bit over £500. People forget when you deal with an auction house as Chris mentioned there is a buyers premium - this one was 27% for an on line bid. There were some nice WW2 pieces non SW related sold in the auction that day.

Yeah, not perfect by anyone's standards but pretty good. One of the better ones I've seen.
Keep your eyes open some nice ones show up from time to time. I think there were a lot of dealers looking at this one, the guy doing the auction said something about - bit bevvied can't think of the term - his commissions - being upset it had got to that price.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back