Experience with Replica Mauser M712?

HDPE

Hello,

I usually stick to OT stuff but to go with my FO Stormtrooper helmet I'd like to build at least one prop from the film.

I'm thinking of picking up my first replica M712 for the TFA Han blaster.

I don't really know anything about air soft guns or metal BBs shooter except for reviews I've JUST read on air soft forums and my head hurts.

There seem to be many versions from many different brands and it's hard to decide.

I read on the IMFDB that the Dl-44 was made of a Marushin or HFC? But I've read a review stating that the Marushin is a bit disappointing in terms of accuracy to a real M-712 Schnellfeur (spelling ?)Mauser.

And they seem to be sold out everywhere.

What about the HFC?. Is it any good?

I'd like a replica base Mauser that is the closest to a real Mauser M712.

So far the other two that are easily available to me are the metal KWC (I read it's not a very good brand?) and the full metal Umarex.

When they say metal? What type of metal is it?

Any other options out there? What is considered the best / most accurate replica.

Any experience, feedback , suggestions more than welcomed.

Thanks for reading.

KWC is a low-ish tier brand. Umarex varies between excellent and trash, unfortunately I don't have specific experience with the M712 from either.

I believe that the two are the same gun with the KWC firing 6mm plastic BBs and the Umarex firing 177 airgun BBs and pellets.

It is believed that both marushin and HFC based prop guns were used in the movie.

Looking at pics online and comparing to my real M712 none of them are perfect but the KWC/umarex and HFC are both pretty good. Certainly all of them are much closer to a real M712 than the Denix C96 is to a real C96.

All of the metal M712 airsoft guns are made of pot metal. Japan has restrictions on the materials that can be used so aluminium (other than diecast) and steel will generally only be found on aftermarket parts.

I would go with the HFC, personally I think the marushin is more accurate and nicer (the metal one) but very expensive if you can find one. Plus I heard it wasn't that reliable. The HFC was used mostly on camera

Thanks for the replies Scott4040 and tomm1999 :thumbsup

HFC it will be then. The cheapest I've found is 110€ euros. Looks like these use to sell for $79 USD in HK (+ fees) but are sold out.

I'm always late for the party.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with the HFC, personally I think the marushin is more accurate and nicer (the metal one) but very expensive if you can find one. Plus I heard it wasn't that reliable. The HFC was used mostly on camera

I have the Marushin M712 metal plug-fire-cap gun and the quality is, as you say, absolutely fantastic.
The accuracy and finish are beautiful but, yes, it was very expensive at £230 in the UK.
And I haven't actually fired it yet because I'm worried someone will call the police if I do...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back