Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

The pictures were amazing. Click to enlarge.

9.jpg5.jpg2.jpg6.jpg3.jpg8.jpg4.jpg1.jpg

FINALLY the real deal surfaces! Awesome!

The neck under the emitter looks oddly thick, which is weird. And is it missing a bar on the clamp?

So the owner is saying it's machined alluminum... I had understood (even just yesterday) that the V2 was cast from a wood carving... is this not the case now? He also refrenced it being the dueling saber for ANH...

So are they one and the same? which was cast?!

The Luke ROTJ has always confused me.

Awesome that we now know for sure that the V2 is alive & well :)

it's probably one of my two favourite Star Wars props, the time I've spent trying to recreate that paintwork

I have mixed feelings though, on the one hand it's just brilliant to see it & see new pictures but on the other hand it upsets me a little that someone in the prop community owned this but has sat on the fact

I wonder if he knows the time & effort folks here & elsewhere have put into researching & recreating this from a few crappy, fuzzy pictures & screengrabs when he coulda just said here you guys I'll snap some decent pictures of it for you :lol

& also that it was absent from the Luke ROTJ costume in his recent fantastic Star Wars costumes book, I only hope there is a prop book to follow ;)

Really Glad that he has decided to share though, just hope some more pictures follow soon

So the owner is saying it's machined alluminum... I had understood (even just yesterday) that the V2 was cast from a wood carving... is this not the case now? He also refrenced it being the dueling saber for ANH...

I believe earlier in this thread Chris from POSW said the Obi ANH stunt saber that later became the Luke v2 was cast in aluminum from a wood master. The aluminum cast may have been machined after casting.

I noticed that, too. He also said that the entire emitter spun, instead of just the blade. that pretty much confirms that it wasn't cast. That could cause an issue for any obsessed with screen accuracy, if the weathering pattern is different from shot-to-shot because the emitter can be moved.

Anakin Starkiller always talked about the visible seam line...

Which one had that? Maybe just the cast ones they were shooting out the top of R2 on the skiff?

I dunno.

I noticed that, too. He also said that the entire emitter spun, instead of just the blade. that pretty much confirms that it wasn't cast.

I don't think so. It could've been cast in aluminum, then cut and machined in order to make the modifications necessary for the motor and other parts needed for the spinning.

That is the luke stunt with the seem.

So we have

V2 - as above... with the graflex clamp... seen on emperors chair and such...

Hero - Close up on Vader's hands... which is machined?

Stunt - which is... where?

And these are the three.... correct?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back