The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Check out the top of the grenade section on the prodigal son..

3e1b4b7f9e8462cc8d8272be7f0b1581.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB in Florida appears to be Folmer with deep glass eyehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180401/c1b67f70a59ac1dbc516537fe18c906f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps it doesn’t come out in the photos so well. But the one at Awesome Con is much shinier and completely curved. Not at all like the somewhat matt-finish and more angular Folmer eyes I’m a little familiar with.

Got family stuff going on now. I got more pictures, but no time for a few hours. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But back to the box, Seth, what the hell is up with those rails?!

On which box? I've always thought the TFA ones were oversize-- but they look like the cave build box on the ROTJ hero. The white glove, no idea...

But obviously onscreen it looks like the ISYHCANL. (THE ONE TRUE BOX IN MY OPINION!)

Another thing Seth, you know how we all think it would be easy to use bladed sabers for the hut scene?
The angle the camera is at allows for easy cg work on throwing in the blades

Any other angle would be too difficult to cg in blades with out a reference in place (rod)

Just like how fake punches are filmed, they look perfect at one angle, watch the scene from another and the fist is a foot away from the guy. They can pull off this same trick with the lightsaber blades this way

I’ve been going by this theory since everyone thinking they NEEDED a blades stunt for that scene

I feel real strongly the white glove saber (resin stun) is the creepy uncle, and that is why the creepy uncle has so much CG work done to it...

That's what I was saying a few posts back-- I don't know they needed a bladed stunt for this shot that was heavily composited.

I'm still hovering between the resin saber being used and retouched for what's onscreen-- or the onscreen saber being a CGI shot with the resin saber having been used for scanning and reference

Check out the top of the grenade section on the prodigal son..

Uh-- also check out the wide edge of the rings. That looks a lot like the white glove....

On which box? I've always thought the TFA ones were oversize-- but they look like the cave build box on the ROTJ hero. The white glove, no idea...

But obviously onscreen it looks like the ISYHCANL. (THE ONE TRUE BOX IN MY OPINION!)

That's what I was saying a few posts back-- I don't know they needed a bladed stunt for this shot that was heavily composited.

I'm still hovering between the resin saber being used and retouched for what's onscreen-- or the onscreen saber being a CGI shot with the resin saber having been used for scanning and reference

Uh-- also check out the wide edge of the rings. That looks a lot like the white glove....

Seth I agree with you 100%... looks like the prodigal son was heavily influence in the creepy uncles construction... I see prodigal son all over this, minus the pommel

SethS check out the prodigal sons clamp card too... real thick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!!! That’s one hell of a seam line on the emitter!! Dang!!!!

Really appreciate the effort grabbing these extra shots!

No word of a lie this is a beautiful metal paint job

I don't think cast ally would leave such a fine finished unless it was put on a lathe and finely sanded...
And then the seam would be removed more than it is. Not sure though.

And then the seam would be removed more than it is.

See, I was thinking that if they had sanded an aluminum cast and the seam had inclusions, that it would be more difficult to get them removed entirely.

With a resin cast that you were going to paint anyway, wouldn't you take 2 seconds to fill it with putty/bondo/more resin/primer/etc.?

With aluminum inclusions, you'd have to fire up your welder and fill them in with a touch or two of ye olde aluminum welding rod. Which if you were in a hurry, or didn't have the equipment or skill to do so, might make you stop short of perfecting your prep-work and you'd sand it as best you could, paint your arrows, neck and grip, weather the rest and call it complete.

@Fusion needs to stick around the Awesome CON folks more and get all buddy-buddy with the Star Wars crew and get them to let him give it a heft test! ;)

See, I was thinking that if they had sanded an aluminum cast and the seam had inclusions, that it would be more difficult to get them removed entirely.

With a resin cast that you were going to paint anyway, wouldn't you take 2 seconds to fill it with putty/bondo/more resin/primer/etc.?

With aluminum inclusions, you'd have to fire up your welder and fill them in with a touch or two of ye olde aluminum welding rod. Which if you were in a hurry, or didn't have the equipment or skill to do so, might make you stop short of perfecting your prep-work and you'd sand it as best you could, paint your arrows, neck and grip, weather the rest and call it complete.

@Fusion needs to stick around the Awesome CON folks more and get all buddy-buddy with the Star Wars crew and get them to let him give it a heft test! ;)

I seriously thought of that. You really need to get some magnification and a few more materials checks like mass/density to make definitive conclusions.

Two more sets of the Luke, then that’s all I got of that one:

d33a4f5f2c957ca444d17fc77d6b3b25.jpg

ef9c47ab0c0ba5b5da58fbf501e98365.jpg

513fa7917795aae537874a558a0b4a3b.jpg

0eb767f15a3fdfa7f9f2230978a68a70.jpg

f0ebb74cb8f1657a4ef30bb48525fc1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back