Solo: A Star Wars Story

Does anyone think it's kind of a shame that we will probably never see the bulk of Lord&Miller footage?

All that work. Even if it's completely horrible it would be interesting to see.

Does anyone think it's kind of a shame that we will probably never see the bulk of Lord&Miller footage?

All that work. Even if it's completely horrible it would be interesting to see.

It puzzles me that they were fired as they were turning it into a comedy when all reports about this film is that it is laughable. Ironic.

Don't know if it's been brought up, but I wonder if the Mouse would try to get Ford to 'bookend' the movie, as a way to bring in some that have no interest in act other portrayal of the character?

I could imagine a trailer beginning with his voice, explaining the story he was about to tell. That might get a few more butts in seats.

Don't know if it's been brought up, but I wonder if the Mouse would try to get Ford to 'bookend' the movie, as a way to bring in some that have no interest in act other portrayal of the character?

I could imagine a trailer beginning with his voice, explaining the story he was about to tell. That might get a few more butts in seats.

Or maybe start out with Ford... then flash back..

That's what I meant.

There was an episode of Young Indiana Jones that had Ford playing an old Indy. He was on the run, trapped in a cabin, so he told this story in a flashback, then it ended with him beating the guys chasing him.

A cheesy plot device, but it worked.

Yes it did, and Ill add it also worked in Indiana Jones The Last Crusade

Yes it did, and Ill add it also worked in Indiana Jones The Last Crusade

I dont think there is a snowballs chance in Hell that Harrison Ford would have anything to do with this movie if any of his recent comments are anything to go by.

Having said that, if DisFox threw enough money at him for the most brief of appearances to gain some sort of artificial traction in their current situation, why not.

I just blew my OWN mind!!!

What if it's Ford, Billy Dee, & Chewie sitting in an old dive bar, just reminiscing.

Han, Lando & Chewie sitting at the bar, they are being served smoothies, yaknow, because of old teeth and such.

Han: Ah well, do you remember when I still was able to do the tricks with the whip?
Lando: You mean when you were wearing that awful hat?
Han: Hey, come on, I needed a cover to hide from Jabba's goons.
Chewie: Rwoworr!
Lando: Yeah, I remember... The good ol' days. Didn't you hit yourself with the whip?
Han: Yeah, I still have the scar. For nostalgia.
Lando: You were lucky it wasn't a laser whip.
Han: I've always been lucky. I've got the best wife, the best friends, and the best son. Albeit he's become a bit "special" lately.
Lando: Howso?
Han: He constantly refuses to listen to his parents. He set Leia's white dress on fire. By simply staring at it. And he doesn't want to laserbrush his teeth at bedtime.
Lando: What do you do with him?
Han: Ah well, we'll give him to his uncle. Let him bite it out.
Chewie: Rworroor!
Han: Hold on, you have a funny feeling about this? You think me selfish and fear he would become evil, so evil that he's gonna kill me one day?
Lando: Naw, that's impossible.
Han: See? Trust Lando. He's always right. No need to worry about. Everything will be fine. Luke will train him to be a good boy and we'll have another run of delicious prune juice.
Chewie: Rwororr!
Lando: Speaking of "run", do you remember when you were making the Kessel Run in ... what was it, fifteen parsec?
Han: Less than 12.
Lando: Wow. And? How was it?
Han: How was what?
Lando: The Kessel Run?
Han: Erh, well, I made it in less than 12 parsec. Nothing more.
Lando: Really?
Han: What else do you expect?
Lando: Well, maybe there is a story to tell...
Han: A story? Well, not from me, pal. There are so many more stories which are much more worth being told.
Lando: Like?
Han: Like how you lost the Falcon to me.
Lando: Aww, I'll never forget that, you old scoundrel! You remember, Chewie?
Chewie: Rworworr!
Han; Yeah, those were the times...

:D

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back