Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great thing about "hate" is that it's HONEST. Nothing wrong with that. Let it flow through you, like a cleansing, PC high colonic.

Bingo ;o). or do you let meghan fox tell the entire hard core turtle Fan Base to beep off because they don't like your movie pretending to be a turtles movie? ;o) that's some hardcore crazy hate right there. ;o)..

Goldenhawk. I thought this was a joke. but apparently it's real. at least as of last year. probably not now ;o)

http://deadline.com/2015/04/play-doh-live-action-feature-paul-feig-fox-hasbro-1201403854/

Bingo ;o). or do you let meghan fox tell the entire hard core turtle Fan Base to beep off because they don't like your movie pretending to be a turtles movie? ;o) that's some hardcore crazy hate right there. ;o)..

Goldenhawk. I thought this was a joke. but apparently it's real. at least as of last year. probably not now ;o)

http://deadline.com/2015/04/play-doh-live-action-feature-paul-feig-fox-hasbro-1201403854/
People would view any Play Doh movie as a cheap knock off of The Lego Movie. If Frig just produces it, he might be OK and get a modest hit like The Peanuts Movie.

i'd be curious to see just how much of this nu ghostbusters merchandise is selling as well.

I can't imagine $50 plastic masks and $150 12 inch toys flying off the shelves even with the die hards.

most stores i go to arn't even stocking the stuff.

No wonder matty collector went under ;o)

Yup. Buncha garbage. And being posted here on theRPF no problem though it's clearly, CLEARLY, done in hate.

Par for the course for this thread.

A co worker just asked me what made my eyes roll so hard and I said "you dont want to know". "Par for the course with this thread" cmon dude. :rolleyes

A co worker just asked me what made my eyes roll so hard and I said "you dont want to know". "Par for the course with this thread" cmon dude. :rolleyes

Did you watch that vid?

Woman being harassed is all her fault, right?

Give me a break with the eye rolling, mine just rolled out my head.

And now they sell lottery tickets that don't pay out.

IMG_2894.JPG

Thanks, Feig. When will it end? :angry

Actually it's really the exact opposite. It's usually irrational and driven by negative emotions.

Of course it's driven by "negative" emotions. That's what hate is. Hate is a natural, visceral reaction to something. So, I don't think it's "irrational" in and of itself. In the case of Ghostbusters, people hate this abomination for a host of reasons, chief of which is love for the original film. So loved is the original that many hate the idea of the existence of a film that disrespects the original, insults the fans that love it, and rips it off all while claiming to be a reboot in a world where the original never happened. All of which this movie was designed to do, albeit without the wit, humor, charm or intelligence of the original. To hate that is not irrational. To defend it is.

I'm not defending this movie... I didn't like it.

But the hate being pushed on some of these posts has nothing to do with the movie.

Leslie Jones was in this movie. Let's ruin her life. She deserves it.

and to hate on the people who don't like it from the perspective of being all love and peaceful and supportive and from a place of good will. ;/ that's down right insanity ;o).

but, of course, we've been over this how many times now? I've lost track at how many times we're not allowed to constantly harp on something that's harped over us since the start.
Quite frankly, i'm shocked anyone defends these soulless reboots that carry the name only of something they love.

personally, I blame this PC culture, where it's seen as a crime to have a negative opinion these days. I also blame the fact that we are all so sensitive to anything negative because of this pc culture of fake supportiveness too...

I'm willing to bet this thread would be almost 100% trashing the product not more than 6 years ago.

Oh well. who wants to take bets on when this conversation will come around next? you can't do pages, because that's too far to push your luck.

The poll only includes post guesses ;o)

I saw the video. I don't see it as harassment. It's all her own words and bits. Embarrassing, yes. Harrassing, no. I'd be embarrassed if I were her.

But, even if it were harassment. They've earned it. They attacked the fans and elevated a justified dislike of an ill-conceived project to the level of fabricated accusations of everything from racism to misogyny and back. None of them acted with class. None of them acted with respect. They could've said, "Hey. We love Ghostbusters, too. We grew up with it. We LOVE it. We get it. We don't want to ruin Ghostbusters for you or anyone. We're just trying to make a good movie." Instead THEY started right in with the hate mongering as a tactic. It's actually very popular these days. It's been learned from the top on down. That was THEIR choice. Choices have consequences. Poke a hornets' nest and you get stung. They're not innocent victims in this, much as they LOVE to pretend to be.

I saw the video. I don't see it as harassment. It's all her own words and bits. Embarrassing, yes. Harrassing, no. I'd be embarrassed if I were her.

But, even if it were harassment. They've earned it. They attacked the fans and elevated a justified dislike of an ill-conceived project to the level of fabricated accusations of everything from racism to misogyny and back. None of them acted with class. None of them acted with respect. They could've said, "Hey. We love Ghostbusters, too. We grew up with it. We LOVE it. We get it. We don't want to ruin Ghostbusters for you or anyone. We're just trying to make a good movie." Instead THEY started right in with the hate mongering as a tactic. It's actually very popular these days. It's been learned from the top on down. That was THEIR choice. Choices have consequences. Poke a hornets' nest and you get stung. They're not innocent victims in this, much as they LOVE to pretend to be.

and with all that, I don't doubt that they'd go the step further and actually create some of this stuff themselves to keep the flame of their own burnt out star going. some people can only survive on controversy, fake or otherwise...and some actually crave it. hell, reality shows are built around it. use peoples own emotions against them to gain fame for yourself. There's divide and conquer, this should be a new label in and of itself ;o).

although in this case, I can't help but wonder if she probably loves playing the victim card to gain more celebrity (if temporary). look at how she's gaining fame. no one is really saying how great an actress she is. how good a role model she is. it's all 'oh, poor leslie, I need to support her'..... Mcarthy and company are probably wondering why they can't replicate that level of success on their own.

can you tell i have a healthy dose of sarcasm with the celebrity world and scandals? It's not hard to question everything..

especially when the people involved have been less than honest, kind or friendly toward everyone. hell, leslie even blocks people who try to help her on twitter....

I'm afraid the film is not being marketed as Ghostbusters 3 for home release, however the Blu-ray set has 3 discs, which is apparently causing some confusion.

ghostbusters_4k_ultra_hd.jpg

ghostbusters_4k_ultra_hd_02.jpg

This thread has gone bye-bye, beyond the capacity for rational thought...

considering some of the stuff that has come out of this movie? can you blame us for thinking the worst at this point?

add to that driven in circles by the supporters logic is enough to drive anyone ca ca..

quite frankly, i just don't care with all the insanity going on around here at this point. i'm just diving in.

Other food for thought.

Think of what we all would have thought was crazy conjecture, until the email hack proved everything true...

Don't discount anyhting at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back