TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Ill see if i can go back in the next couple of weeks and get some better shots of the saber. I live 15 minutes away.

The problem is that they put the display in a queue line and when the line starts moving i have to move along as well. Doesnt give me mich tine to really get a good look.

Ok, so i just went through all 124 pages of this thread. Lol

First i want to give a big thanks to Roy for offering these great add ons for the TFA saber (just ordered the kobold D ring attachment, both versions of the clamp covers, and the transparent clamp cards this week!)

a quick question for Roy -
Are the grips offered on your site the short (maz box) version or the slightly longer hero 2 version??
Im aiming to make the Maz box version.

Btw, i agree with your assesment that the Wired saber is the Maz box saber....the main clue for me is that theres a pitting spot just below/right of the beer tab on the Wired pic.... and it seems to be present in the Maz box scene as well.

For what its worth, a few more shots of the grips-

F0B1B1AA-9F3D-4A19-9870-4A40F1691AC1_zps4hi7fgqw.png

9419D9CE-843F-4C68-8E6D-08E5C774D752_zpsv0rjzoeq.png

8838F7BA-0760-4AE6-B466-BB25D9F5ED2C_zpsl2nkimp3.png

First i want to give a big thanks to Roy for offering these great add ons for the TFA saber (just ordered the kobold D ring attachment, both versions of the clamp covers, and the transparent clamp cards this week!)

Are the grips offered on your site the short (maz box) version or the slightly longer hero 2 version??

Btw, i agree with your assesment that the Wired saber is the Maz box saber....the main clue for me is that theres a pitting spot just below/right of the beer tab on the Wired pic.... and it seems to be present in the Maz box scene as well.

Thanks Darth Saber!
And cool that you spotted a similarity between the two sabers.
My T-tracks come long enough for both options (4"). You need to cut them yourself to your preferred length.

Ok, so i just went through all 124 pages of this thread. Lol

I never noticed that!! Once I get home I'm going to have to check this out! The max box saber is my favorite version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The proportions of drive socket to overall head width don't seem to quite right. The prop may be hex drive, it would really be great if Darth Saber could take another look soon.

torx1.jpg
torx2.jpg

The proportions of drive socket to overall head width don't seem to quite right. The prop may be hex drive, it would really be great if Darth Saber could take another look soon.

http://battzero.com/images/torx1.jpghttp://battzero.com/images/torx2.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Piper.

I also stumbled across a photo of the Launch Bay TFA saber online-

Looks like a torx to me-

BFBEF1E5-7088-44B9-BD47-8B24C62D6095_zpsks7rt6j8.png

Also looks like the torx may have been shaved down.
Notice the cutting ring lines.

However, the still of the Maz saber in the box looks more like a rivet.
Mainly because the hole in the center of the head looks smaller than the size of a torx hole.
It fits the size of a rivet hole more than it does a torx hole.

I know there are a few stills of the Maz saber in the box which shows edges which may look like a hex or torx hole but keep in mind that the first second the saber is shown in the film the camera is sharply focused on the grip area which shows a perfect circle rather than a torx or hex shape. Afterwards the camera slowly starts focusing in the clamp area, and the grip area becomes less focused, and thats when the circle begins to show distortions like a torx or hex screw.

Just food for thought.

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I've got an update on my transparent clamp cards. :)
The last batch in brass came out really, really well. The etching is very crisp now and I managed to get rid of all the tiny pinholes. The next step is to cut the board into individual clamp cards. I'm getting there! Next week I can show you pictures of the finished cards.

View attachment 684509

I also created my own clamp cover with cut groves instead of stamped ones. I prefer the look of cut grooves and went over some of the available images of the prop saber... Especially in the wired photos it looks like the grooves are cut into the cover. I also prefer the look because it looks a bit more defined. :)

View attachment 684513View attachment 684514

Any chance these cards are still gonna be available?

not sure if this has been discussed yet

just saw this limited edition Kellogg's breakfast cereal featuring Rey with Graflex at the local supermarket:

DSC_0503[1].JPG

a closer look shows that there is a little screw/rivet near the top of the clamp:

DSC_0505[1].JPG

and the circuit board's color is almost white too

what do you guys think?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back