SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion - COMPLETED!!!

Re: SirCharles77's Hasbro Millennium Falcon Conversion

You need a SMALL flat screw driver. There are tabs on the top and bottom of the docking ports and cockpit. Use the BOTTOM tabs as it won't show if you gough the plastic. You need to push one side of the tabs in (the BOTTOM) to dis-engage the docking ports and cockpit.

Squeeze the docking port with your fingers to see what I mean.

Hope this helps

Hi Sir Charles,

I just aquired a Hasbro MF too, and have a question for you. I got all the screws out but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove both the right/left side docking ports and the cockpit. they seem to be locked in with a clasp or something. Is there a trick for getting these off? thanks in advance!

You need a SMALL flat screw driver. There are tabs on the top and bottom of the docking ports and cockpit. Use the BOTTOM tabs as it won't show if you gough the plastic. You need to push one side of the tabs in (the BOTTOM) to dis-engage the docking ports and cockpit.

Squeeze the docking port with your fingers to see what I mean.

Hope this helps

thanks Retiredadguy,
worked like a charm for the docking ports (without a scratch), and I was able to get a hand in and pop the cockpit latch from the inside.

Yeah the docking ports came off for me easy, but I had a hell of a time with the cockpit. It was on really tight and I cracked one of the tabs in the process of taking it off. I am going to see if I can modify it to make it go on and come off easier for the final build as I want to be able to take this apart in case something breaks with my lighting setup and it needs to be repaired.

Great lighting work. Just joined this thread! Looking forward to seeing the red light molds painted and installed!

So I got my lighting plans figured out. I purchased some 5mm white led's and will be using those for my flood lights. I printed a few casings for them to sit in. This will help bounce theSo I got my lighting plans figured out. I purchased some 5mm white led's and will be using those for my flood lights. I printed a few casings for them to sit in. This will help bounce the light around and also give it the look of an actual fixture. Here is what those look like.

The 2 on the left are 2 parts of the large flood lights. Third from the left is for the rest of the floods. Right is for the headlight. This one is longer so that it focuses the light more forward like you would want from headlights.

Here are some shots of the flood light assembly. I am using thin clear styrene frosted with sandpaper to make a lens for the light to shine through.

Last edited:

Just for future reference, anything you see posted in this thread is potentially for sale if you want it. Just send me a PM and we can discuss.

Ok another update!!

I have cut out the holes in my Falcon for where the lights are going to go. You can see in the following images how and where I did it.

I designed these templates based on the parts I made in my previous update and then printed them out. Worked pretty good for getting the correct size holes each time.

These were a challenge because cutting perfect circles with a exacto knife just wasn't happening. So I discovered that if I found a drill bit just slightly smaller than the hole I wanted I could cut it out, and then go in with a dremel bit shaped like a cylinder and designed for sanding and slowly sand it into a nice perfect circle hole.

Last edited:

Also been doing some work on the final cuts I need to get everything ready to start putting it all together. Here is the cockpit after cutting it out. I am going to take clear styrene and paint it black on the back side and put it in as a windshield. Not doing the cockpit on this one. Save that work for the DeAgo model.

Last edited:

Awesome lighting work so far SirCharles. I'm anxious to see what those large floodlights look like when finished.

Hey Gus, sorry for the late response. I printed them with ABS. I am actually in the process right now of modifying the large flood lights a bit. I wanted to get a very diffused look and with the current design I was getting too much of a hot spot where the LED was. So I am making it double layered on the lens which makes it appear as if it's a much larger light in there. So far it's looking pretty awesome. I will update with some more pics and a total update on my Falcon soon. Kinda been busy with company and work and haven't done much for a while but I made some good progress this weekend.

I am actually right now at a stage I am very uncomfortable with. I basically have everything ready to be assembled but some parts need to be painted before I assemble them. At least with their primer and base coat. But I have never had much luck with painting with spray cans or airbrush or hand brush for that matter!! So I am nervous about starting it. Might be why I have been putting this off for a while. Any advice and tips anyone can give would be super appreciated!

Did you print this with PLA or ABS?

Painting is an art, best advice is lots of practice! If you like rattle cans I'm a big fan of tamiya grey primer, you just about can't screw it up. If you have specific questions I'm happy to help.

Hey Gus, sorry for the late response. I printed them with ABS. I am actually in the process right now of modifying the large flood lights a bit. I wanted to get a very diffused look and with the current design I was getting too much of a hot spot where the LED was. So I am making it double layered on the lens which makes it appear as if it's a much larger light in there. So far it's looking pretty awesome. I will update with some more pics and a total update on my Falcon soon. Kinda been busy with company and work and haven't done much for a while but I made some good progress this weekend.

I am actually right now at a stage I am very uncomfortable with. I basically have everything ready to be assembled but some parts need to be painted before I assemble them. At least with their primer and base coat. But I have never had much luck with painting with spray cans or airbrush or hand brush for that matter!! So I am nervous about starting it. Might be why I have been putting this off for a while. Any advice and tips anyone can give would be super appreciated!
My humble advice is: don't try to paint in one go, do a few layers and as much thinner layers as you can, no matter spray can or airbrush, and let it dry in between.

Also, in my experience, painting with a spray can is harder if you are looking for a nice finish and want to preserve small details sharp.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

+1 on the Tamiya sprays, they go down very smooth and don't flood details like other paints can. Also the plastic in the Hasbro is tough to get paint to stick to, others have had good results using Duplicolor adhesion promoter. Apply this before you spray anything else, it's clear, dries fast and is very thin.

Oh, yes. I used plastikote plastic primer. Worked really well too.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Are the 3D models for any of the parts you created available on the net anywhere?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back