Tomenosuke resin Blade Runner Blaster

Cheers kindly @Getoninja.

I used Molotow pen ink for the chrome and applied it with an airbrushed.
It should be done gradually IMO but the result (providing your base is clean and dust free) is incredible.

Best,
MARK

very cool, never knew there was a chrome pen and been watching some vids. The ink is amazing.

so, I got few more questions, did you primer prior to applying the chrome paint? or just painted over the stock resin?
did you cover the screws, repaint the screws or add real screws on the covers, barrel sections etc..?
and did you polish the chrome afterwards, wax, dry cloth, fine sanding, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
very cool, never knew there was a chrome pen and been watching some vids. The ink is amazing.

so, I got few more questions, did you primer prior to applying the chrome paint? or just painted over the stock resin?
did you cover the screws, repaint the screws or add real screws on the covers, barrel sections etc..?
and did you polish the chrome afterwards, wax, dry cloth, fine sanding, etc?

The answer is "no" to all this questions - not if you want to keep the chrome looking new and pristine.

After cleaning and sanding the base model, I washed the entire frame using a natural soap and a brush in warm water to remove any residue, oil or dust. The frame was then allowed to dry naturally ensuring that there was no water in any of the recesses or gaps.

I wanted to preserve the clean lines of the cast so I didn't prime it. The Molotow is actually very robust if you are careful but its vitally important to leave it to dry for 3-5 days before working on it further.

The screws were then painted a flat black and then brushed with graphite

Do NOT brush or polish the paint if you want it to stay bright. it might be an option to use a clear coat to protect the finish but given that mine is exclusively for display and won't be handled, I have not coated the Molotow.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back