Just wanted to share my Hero ANH blaster, all metal from Chubs...

Nice piece, brother. I lucked into one of Chubs' early all-metal blasters. Freakin' love it! (and you thought your picture was bad):

IMG_20171207_152953758.jpg

Awesome build of the Han Bespin Blaster! I noticed a few differences from other builds and a lot of the Bespin pics posted on this thread.
1) You seem to have mounted this scope bracket “ Low” compared with other examples and others you have built. Are you now thinking the mount was lower like this to fall in line with the mag detail, rather than having it higher to bring the scope center line closer to the barrel center line?
2) for the grip screws are these Fieldmarshall’s latest replacements? These look more like his than the typical replacements you can get from gun stores.
3) Interesting choice of greeblies. This mimics the Luke version and I know it is rumored that One livefire mauser was shared between Luke and Han in different takes (dinner scene for instance), but I had leaned towards the “tear drop” type of greeblies in the middle and a motor/coil plate above the handle grip (mainly since I think every one of these blasters had this consistently). Any new material shown up showing the greeblies better of the Han Bespin stunt that defines the greeblies better that I missed?

Happy to hear thoughts on greeblie selection from all as well as this seems to be one of the more troublesome items to put to bed

When you have so much detail put into your builds it’s easy to focus on individual pieces like the greeblies. Again, this looks awesome regardless of any greeblie opinion differences.

Awesome build of the Han Bespin Blaster! I noticed a few differences from other builds and a lot of the Bespin pics posted on this thread.
1) You seem to have mounted this scope bracket “ Low” compared with other examples and others you have built. Are you now thinking the mount was lower like this to fall in line with the mag detail, rather than having it higher to bring the scope center line closer to the barrel center line?
2) for the grip screws are these Fieldmarshall’s latest replacements? These look more like his than the typical replacements you can get from gun stores.
3) Interesting choice of greeblies. This mimics the Luke version and I know it is rumored that One livefire mauser was shared between Luke and Han in different takes (dinner scene for instance), but I had leaned towards the “tear drop” type of greeblies in the middle and a motor/coil plate above the handle grip (mainly since I think every one of these blasters had this consistently). Any new material shown up showing the greeblies better of the Han Bespin stunt that defines the greeblies better that I missed?

Happy to hear thoughts on greeblie selection from all as well as this seems to be one of the more troublesome items to put to bed

When you have so much detail put into your builds it’s easy to focus on individual pieces like the greeblies. Again, this looks awesome regardless of any greeblie opinion differences.

—Thank you for kind words! But it should also be said that these builds are always a work in progress and will always evolve/change as new info reveals itself..

1) You seem to have mounted this scope bracket “ Low”..

—again these builds are always revealing new details along the way. It’s of course subjective but it looks to be more in line with these pics here. What’s deceiving is that the mount is tilted back on the color pic so it’s actual placement is in question..
a1d872fad315e2a1d56f43d15a093f3b.jpg

Also keep in mind that the popular Denix Mauser is not scaled 1:1 to either an MGC nor a real live fire c96. So placement will always be a little ??..

2) for the grip screws are these Fieldmarshall’s..

—I do have FM on hand but these are not them. These are woods grips from DEC [emoji106]

3) Interesting choice of greeblies. This mimics the Luke version..

—I believe you are being incorrectly influenced by the Master Replica BESPIN builds just as I was. MR was licensed out by LucasFilm themselves after all.

Turns out they just meshed together both Han’s HOTH and his BESPIN blaster to make one official Han Solo TESB blaster but it’s actually not screen accurate to either. Pretty much the whole build is a little off. Flash hider, scope details, mount and greeblies are all not true to what was seen on screen..
1aa057646f1b1ba509f11a39b708a5d2.jpg

Some even believe that Han’s BESPIN had no greeblies at all on the left side. The problem is we just don’t have any really good pics of those original trilogy blasters.

Just like the mount it’s subjective but this is what I’ve dug up myself. As far as I know this is the only picture that shows the left side of Solo BESPIN blaster and there appears to be at least one greeblie..
df2ceee70861ac65ea82f73e4f471a13.jpg

Your guess is as good as mine as to what it is though but I’m thinking it’s similar to this one below..
b425950a9635431814639b06e77cc12b.jpg

Last edited:
I would be so afraid of breaking something it would give me an ulcer... :/

That pretty fair as these MGC’s are made from thin metal. My biggest fear is always forgetting where I put parts after taking them apart. This is my fourth build with an MGC. I was lucky enough to have my first go at it before I really knew what I was getting myself into. I didn’t even know enough to be stressed at the time. lol

:thumbsup
Thanks man. I’m just tying to duplicate the one I built for u to be honest [emoji106]

epic, man. I’m in love with mine. Deckard’s blaster has long been my favorite blaster of all time. Until I got your built-up DL44. (Sorry my BR brothers, hahah)

It’s still sitting by my side every night when I’m home kickin’ back, hahah. So again, much obliged

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back